Garney 26

Gotta say, it's wide open this year and the Cats have got a lot of talent! Even a mediocre QB can take us to the Cup!

Palmer

Let's just, for argument's sake, say that Jeremiah isn't elite.  What difference will that make to June Jones and the staff for planning Thursday's game?  Do they not still have to look at film of the Riders and plan schemes to move the ball on offence and schemes to stop the Riders on defence?  And don't those schemes on offence need to take into account Jeremiah's particular skill set?

Or, on the other hand, for argument's sake, let's say that Jeremiah is elite.  What difference will that make to June Jones and the staff for planning Thursday's game?  Do they not still have the same tasks to plan and execute?  Do they still not need to develop a play-book to complement Jeremiah's skills?

When you come right down to it, what we are really arguing is,  "Are you in favour of Jeremiah starting or not?"  I am.

Crash

Let's just, for argument's sake, say that Jeremiah isn't elite.  What difference will that make to June Jones and the staff for planning Thursday's game?  Do they not still have to look at film of the Riders and plan schemes to move the ball on offence and schemes to stop the Riders on defence?  And don't those schemes on offence need to take into account Jeremiah's particular skill set?

Or, on the other hand, for argument's sake, let's say that Jeremiah is elite.  What difference will that make to June Jones and the staff for planning Thursday's game?  Do they not still have the same tasks to plan and execute?  Do they still not need to develop a play-book to complement Jeremiah's skills?

When you come right down to it, what we are really arguing is,  "Are you in favour of Jeremiah starting or not?"  I am.
In fairness Palmer its not those that are critical of Masoli's play that started the elite discussion, its the endless threads and comments by a very small few that kept this fire burning.
I agree with you, there's no debate that he's our starting QB and our best option to win. I believe he's good enough to take us to a Grey Cup because this TEAM is good enough (a lot can happen between now and November). I also believe if he started the first 8 games last year with Kent Austin and that team we had that the result would have been the same give or take. The team was in ruins. On the flip side I also believe if Zach was allowed to finish the season with the June Jones change the results would have been about the same. (June even said as much) Now do I believe we should have kept Zach and that salary? Not one bit. 

I'd bet its like 80/20 in favour of Masoli starting and I do agree that whether he's Elite, Good, Average, Mediocre, etc this is what we signed up for by going 6-4 last year to finish and I'm good to continue down this path. He's played well enough to earn this starting job and not get questioned every week.

I can only speak for myself but I'm just getting tired of getting destroyed for suggesting he's anything other than this Great, Elite, Top Tier QB that other teams are just dying to get their hands on if we ever made the tragic mistake of letting him get away. 

Garney 26

In fairness Palmer its not those that are critical of Masoli's play that started the elite discussion, its the endless threads and comments by a very small few that kept this fire burning.
I agree with you, there's no debate that he's our starting QB and our best option to win. I believe he's good enough to take us to a Grey Cup because this TEAM is good enough (a lot can happen between now and November). I also believe if he started the first 8 games last year with Kent Austin and that team we had that the result would have been the same give or take. The team was in ruins. On the flip side I also believe if Zach was allowed to finish the season with the June Jones change the results would have been about the same. (June even said as much) Now do I believe we should have kept Zach and that salary? Not one bit.

I'd bet its like 80/20 in favour of Masoli starting and I do agree that whether he's Elite, Good, Average, Mediocre, etc this is what we signed up for by going 6-4 last year to finish and I'm good to continue down this path. He's played well enough to earn this starting job and not get questioned every week.

I can only speak for myself but I'm just getting tired of getting destroyed for suggesting he's anything other than this Great, Elite, Top Tier QB that other teams are just dying to get their hands on if we ever made the tragic mistake of letting him get away.
Amen!

Palmer

Gotcha Crash and Garney26.  To paraphrase the song, and watching the Alouettes, ‘QBs are like buses, there will be another along in 15 minutes’.  I suppose the trick is that you have to pick the right one, the one that will take you where you want to go.

Slomojo2005

NAILED IT !!!

But Grover really! No matter how much we would like this for JF.   In the absence of either or both of those 2 QBs, Masoli still is not ELITE!  He needs to do more to merit that title. 

Slomojo2005

Let's just, for argument's sake, say that Jeremiah isn't elite.  What difference will that make to June Jones and the staff for planning Thursday's game?  Do they not still have to look at film of the Riders and plan schemes to move the ball on offence and schemes to stop the Riders on defence?  And don't those schemes on offence need to take into account Jeremiah's particular skill set?

Or, on the other hand, for argument's sake, let's say that Jeremiah is elite.  What difference will that make to June Jones and the staff for planning Thursday's game?  Do they not still have the same tasks to plan and execute?  Do they still not need to develop a play-book to complement Jeremiah's skills?

When you come right down to it, what we are really arguing is,  "Are you in favour of Jeremiah starting or not?"  I am.
For sure!  JM should start!  No way should consideration be given to anyone else, Manziel or anyone else!  Masoli is our guy until he can't ant more.

Users Online

98 Guests, 9 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mycko75, Grover, Balticfox, TravelPat1, rshmglsky, TeddyFay, ticat1, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)