Evil Doctor

Hey, Ti-Cats, wake up.
...and stop sitting on your hands!

blackandgld

Great news.  Receiving corps now potentially includes three 1,000-yard receivers from 2017 plus two others (Toliver and Fantuz) who are previous 1,000-yard guys.  Some uncertainty about those last two due to prior injuries.  Chambers looked good late last year.  Receiving depth drops like a stone after that.

You could make the case that we could still benefit from a stud free agent signing (is DeVaris Daniels the only one left?).  But I would be surprised to see that, based on the money we probably have tied up in the position already (see above names) and our past patterns with free agent receivers in the Austin era, with only Chad Owens and Spencer Watt signed in the off-season.  Other additions have been mid-season cuts like Sinkfield and Kevin Elliott.  Come to think of it, we've pretty much only signed ex-Argos, with all others being recruited directly ourselves.  We are a net supplier of receiving talent to the CFL.
I think the team has decent depth at WR.
When you can roll out Aultman or Collins as #5 it is not that bad. I also hold out hope that Willie Quinn will show to be a dangerous weapon for ST and WR ala Speedy Banks. More training camp Import receivers still to come i am sure though.

Slomojo2005

Slomojo2005

tabbiefanmcb

Great news.  Receiving corps now potentially includes three 1,000-yard receivers from 2017 plus two others (Toliver and Fantuz) who are previous 1,000-yard guys.  Some uncertainty about those last two due to prior injuries.  Chambers looked good late last year.  Receiving depth drops like a stone after that.

You could make the case that we could still benefit from a stud free agent signing (is DeVaris Daniels the only one left?).  But I would be surprised to see that, based on the money we probably have tied up in the position already (see above names) and our past patterns with free agent receivers in the Austin era, with only Chad Owens and Spencer Watt signed in the off-season.  Other additions have been mid-season cuts like Sinkfield and Kevin Elliott.  Come to think of it, we've pretty much only signed ex-Argos, with all others being recruited directly ourselves.  We are a net supplier of receiving talent to the CFL.
I think the team has decent depth at WR.
When you can roll out Aultman or Collins as #5 it is not that bad. I also hold out hope that Willie Quinn will show to be a dangerous weapon for ST and WR ala Speedy Banks. More training camp Import receivers still to come i am sure though.
I agree blackandgold.  Fans have to remember that the team has also already signed a couple of FA receivers including the speedy Canadian Akeem Haynes.  

ExPat - Would love to see Andy back too - I think he only signed until the end of last season - but health and cap space will no doubt be a factor.  I see him staying with the team in a capacity like last season if he isn't signed to a player contract.

150GAGE

offense is in place. Small tweaks only.
All additional work is on the D side of the ball.
Getting a couple new young starters like we did with Leonard and Coleman would be great.
Offense is in place . Yes indeedy do . Barring any injuries or unforeseen circumstances or changes our projected starting 12 on this side of the ball is shaping up on paper at least to be quite formidable . Even better if we also can manage to get Fantuz up and running again and back into the lineup .

Projected starting Offense (* signifies Cdn )

QB.....Jeremiah Masoli
RB.....Alex Green
WR....Brandon Banks
WR....Shamawd Chambers *
SB.....Terence Toliver
SB.....Luke Tasker
SB.....Jalen Saunders
C.......Mike Filer *
RG.....Ryan Bomben *
RT.....Ryker Mathews
LG.....Brandon Revenberg *
LT.....Tony Washington
Great to get Luke back; we needed the possession recieved.
Without depth we are going no where. We need to have good young backups. Otherwise it'll be over before it starts.

SilverSurfer

Yes Indeed great to have Luke signed to a two year deal!!

GO CATS GO!!

catfish

Luke is our Cahooooon. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grover

3 X 1000yrds

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Mark

Hey, Ti-Cats, wake up.
...and stop sitting on your hands!
Seriously????????
I don't believe so.  (Don't think you've been following the board much lately, it seems.) :-)

Evil Doctor

my home team

Yes Indeed great to have Luke signed to a two year deal!!

GO CATS GO!!
Heard it on the radio this morning....GREAT news....welcome back, Luke.

Ramrod

Why nothing yet on Dean and Laurent signings. Both on for 2 more years...!!!!!!

safetyblitz

When you can roll out Aultman or Collins as #5 it is not that bad.
Agree about the ability of those two players, but Collins is unsigned.

safetyblitz

Why nothing yet on Dean and Laurent signings. Both on for 2 more years...!!!!!!
The facebook version of the Dean announcement said it was for 1 year.

Users Online

117 Guests, 9 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, brianjoxx, Mightygoose, xlnt, DPop13, RedandWhite, Argo Tailgater, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)