Mark

TSN also proclaimed Cato a franchise player.
OUCH!

Crash

TSN also proclaimed Cato a franchise player.
OUCH!
Harsh I know. 
I was sitting here thinking tonight... what if this scrappy offence with Read option and a ton of screens. Running the ball and barely at all throwing over the middle is enough to win a Grey Cup with a great defence? 

If so... the Qb isn't the focal point but is expected to do a job and not turn the ball over. Run yourself and make decisions in the read option. He's not being asked to make tough throws. 

Why not take Zachs money and dump it all into the defence. Let coach Jones do his magic with this "no name" offense.... And build a great defence. 

Can't say it's been done lately in the CFL.

Grover

Masoli #'s for the game

PASSING
27/33 - 82%, 338yrds , 2TD's
RUSHING
8 carries 48yrds

GREEN - 20 carries - 97yrds - 1TD

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Mark

Crash... you may have something. The reason Joe Zuger isn't in the hall is because he never was a stat guy but instead managed a good enough offense with a stellar D.

FenderGuy69

It's simply incredible & absolutely unimaginable that the TiCats won:

A) Without Jon Chick or any rush Defensive Ends of any quality.
B) With Courtney Stephen on the field because we all know he's an inferior player & only has a job because of his passport.
C) Because they cut Will Hill who was a baller and where is he now exactly?
D) Because Montford, Covington, Zambiasi, Hitchcock et al; aren't playing now.
E) Because Rich Stubler is not the Defensive Coordinator
F) Because I can't create a concise post without repeating myself numerous times with grammar & spelling that makes it almost incomprehensible to read.
G) G Stands for ... you all know what's to come. Gerbear. Garbage. 

Welder

B) With Courtney Stephen on the field because we all know he's an inferior player & only has a job because of his passport.
F) Because I can't create a concise post without repeating myself numerous times with grammar & spelling that makes it almost incomprehensible to read.
Bitter sarcasm?
"I did not mean that conservatives were generally stupid; I meant that stupid persons are generally conservative."  John Stuart Mill

Crash

Crash... you may have something. The reason Joe Zuger isn't in the hall is because he never was a stat guy but instead managed a good enough offense with a stellar D.
People will take it like I'm insulting Masoli. Which is tiring. 

He's not being asked to make tough throws. They're all short...screen type plays... then the deep ball to banks he's wide open.

These are all good things because it's working. But how often does he drop back and just rip it over the middle.
Rare.

If we bring him back it can possibly be for a fair contract. 300k or so. If he wants to test free agency and go to Montreal for an extra 25k... so be it. Hed be stupid for doing so. Hed get killed like Collaros did to start the year. Coach Jones Is making him look great with his system.

ottawacat

Masoli #'s for the game

PASSING
RUSHING
8 carries 48yrds
Efficiency rating: 113.14

FenderGuy69

Bitter sarcasm?
Just sarcasm. Apologies if I offended you.

Welder

Bitter sarcasm?
No offence at all....I 'm huge fan of sarcasm...lol...

ExPat

Bitter sarcasm?
Seems like fair game to me.  Anyone who comes on the Ticats fan board and repeatedly trashes the Ticats should expect to hear back from fans.  And even more so when he is proved so wrong on the points he has repeated so often.

Crash

Masoli #'s for the game

PASSING
RUSHING
8 carries 48yrds
Efficiency rating: 113.14

Also had 127 yac yards. That s a ton for this team.

danoc_86

Love the sarcasm... Alot of posters are back on the bandwagon enjoying a slow roasted pulled crow on a bun.

Cheers to everyone that focused on the positives of this football team Go Cats

FenderGuy69

Bitter sarcasm?
No offence at all....I 'm huge fan of sarcasm...lol...
Please ... Can we get back to the incredibly horrible management decisions though.

Obviously Austin forced June Jones to start CJ Gable least week & then traded him a day later. Must be a conspiracy!

Why would we trade Jon Chick? The guy is a game changer! (Yet he's not actually have won a game this year for 2 teams in a prorated 19 game season!)(And no crack on Jon Chick, but that position nor hi is a game changer!)

Can't believe we cut Xavier Fulton ... where is he again?

Where/what else? It's honestly too much wrong to keep track of for just one mer individual!

If ya'll need the ultimate contra indicator ... you know where to look! 

FenderGuy69

Getting back on track & being serious;

I really liked seeing Jeremiah distributing the ball with confidence. He was on point trying to & very often fitting it into a window. He was seeing it. I actually enjoyed this performance more than his record setting performance in/against EDM lat year.

I also LOVE the balance. JM used his arm. Used his legs. Got the ball into the playmakers hands. He was exactly like a point guard that the June Jones O is designed for & demands.

No matter the outcome of this season, because while there is still hope despite the hole they dug earlier ... I would gladly take a season of THAT tonight next year! Exciting & interesting & fun football!

Obviously it's better when Hamilton wins ... But that was FUN & Entertaining Football!

Users Online

106 Guests, 13 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TCHABS, Mightygoose, Mark, KevinRiley2, Abendschan, dcmoses, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)