Mark

Is Masoli for real?  TSN has proclaimed him a 'franchise player'.  Whatever. NICE win.  Balance to the offence. Just stop the long passes on 2nd and short!

Count Floyd

Not sure I would agree with the "franchise player" designation at this point, but his completion percentage went up drastically & we didn't have to scrape out a win.  If he does this more than once, that tag might be appropriate.

Evil Doctor

I think we should also remind ourselves that the Bombers were without Nichols in the second half.  I think if he was in there, we would be tearing our hair out in frustration right now...

cats99

This team is a joy to watch now I love this run and Shoot  
That Jones has brought in even Fantuz said that he is learning totally new things it's innovative and love to watch a scrambling QB getting it done. Face it folks after tonight's performance Zack is gone and Yes in my opinion you will see the J and J show next year that is in Johnny Football coming to town. 
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

ExPat

We certainly took advantage of playing against their backup QB - after not doing so against Sask, and against BC in our first game against them.  (Although Lulay is hardly a novice.)

It almost feels bad that we are the team responsible for so many QB injuries this year.  Jennings, Harris, and now Nichols.  I'd say I feel sorry for those other teams, but I doubt they felt sorry for us when it went the other way.

TiCatFan13

Totally agree, since KA left the field, we can enjoy some offence, the quick kick was to die for!! :)  Leave everyone alone and lets see Calgary doing some squirming for next week!!!

tabbiefanmcb

Agree with all of the above.  Might have managed to eke out a win.  if Nichols had still been in the game but it did make it easier.  Davis doesn't have the same accuracy for sure.

Not ready to assign "franchise QB" to Masoli yet either although he did have over 300 yards by the end of the 3rd quarter and managed to overcome the series of 2 and outs in the third.  That long TD drive in the fourth was impressive and put much needed points on the board.

ottawacat

OK, so we won, again.
But, just think about how much better it could have been if we had a younger coach, started Collaros, had taller receivers, hadn't traded Chick and Gable, and had the QB right up behind the line on short yardage plays.  I hope Jeremiah likes a little country music and is pumpin' Toby Keith in his ears right now -- "How do you like me, now?  Now that I'm on my way!...."

Welder

Gotta say.... I really thought we were going to lose the one big....I'm glad I was totally wrong (cost me on Proline but I'll take it ...)...

Firstly, outside of the Edmonton game last year this has to be Masoli's best game of his career. I'm not prepared to call him a "franchise QB" but this was a huge game for him...

The mix of run and pass is certainly working and it is opening up the passing game downfield.

The improvement in the secondary over the last month is exponential and the relatively consistent pressure from the front four is causing bad passes from opposing QB'S...LOVE IT!!!I'm becoming a huge fan of Nakita Whitlock!!!

Now,Castillo going down with what appears to be a blown ACL.... This is the 3rd serious knee injury on this team in the last 2 years due to the Plastigrass*...Like I said on the game thread,I guess ownership in this league has done a cost benefit analysis and decided that cheap plastic turf outweighs destroyed knee's...

Sadly, I think this was the last game we will Zach Collaros in a Tiger-Cat uniform...

And,simply put,900 CHML has a far better post game show the 1150...

"I did not mean that conservatives were generally stupid; I meant that stupid persons are generally conservative."  John Stuart Mill

Crash

TSN also proclaimed Cato a franchise player.

ExPat

Some weird stats from the game:

- WPG had three different guys throw a pass - and it could have been four if they had some faith in Lefevour.  (What's up with that?)

- HAM had three different players punt the ball - and each over them averaged >40 yards

- WPG had seven different players rush the ball - only two of whom were actual runningbacks

ExPat

Now,Castillo going down with what appears to be a blown ACL.... This is the 3rd serious knee injury on this team in the last 2 years due to the Plastigrass*...Like I said on the game thread,I guess ownership in this league has done a cost benefit analysis and decided that cheap plastic turf outweighs destroyed knee's...

I'm not sure that the owners decide on the playing surface, as opposed to the city or whichever entity owns the stadium.

But this is certainly something that you hear about a heck of a lot more in the past few years than in decades past.  There's gotta be something to it.  I'd like to see an enterprising journalist look into it, but they are all exclusively focused on concussions when they want to write about football injuries.

ottawacat

...... Sadly.i think this was the last game we will Zach Collaros in a Tiger-Cat uniform...
You could be right.  However, I don't see, what some others do, that he'll be gone from here, by the coming trade deadline.  What team is going to pick up his contract and what would they give up to do so?  Zach is signed for next year.  Unfortunately Jeremiah is not and is making himself more attractive each game to get good offers elsewhere for '18.  If there are no big, off-season, payments called for in Collaros' contract, I say it's best to just leave things as they are, for now.  Then, wheel and deal, in the off-season when it's known, but maybe, and hopefully, not pubicized, where things stand with the two JM's.  A deal, then, might be made then with Zach agreeing to accept a new contract with another team to get it done. 

On another post ... great observations, ExPat.  Interesting stuff.

Tagger

Austin's refusal to run the ball was the single most reason why the Cats have sucked.
OLmen must be allowed to hit back.

Crash

Austin's refusal to run the ball was the single most reason why the Cats have sucked.
OLmen must be allowed to hit back.
It's a completely different system.
Austin didn't refuse to run the ball. He relied heavy on the pass.
His system also got him to 3 grey cups in his first 3 years as a head coach.
One day when our double screen play offence doesn't work and our qb gets hurt for running too much read option... you're gonna be asking why we didn't throw more down the field. Cause we certainly don't do that now.

Users Online

116 Guests, 14 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Mightygoose, vjcos, mr62cats, The Last Word, 15_championships, KevinRiley2, idealsheldon, nopa, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)