ottawacat

Grover

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/mountainside-chats-with-dave-naylor-kent-austin%7E1300480
I watched that, Nice interview, despite appearances, it seems that Austin and the Agent have great respect for each other.

Why do I get the feeling that Austin really, really, really wants to get Johnny signed. 

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Onemoredork

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/mountainside-chats-with-dave-naylor-kent-austin%7E1300480
I watched that, Nice interview, despite appearances, it seems that Austin and the Agent have great respect for each other.
Its as if they think its all just business. Weird.

cats99

Very interesting a must watch ! In Austin we Trust!$
13 th man @ THF

schmenger

Austin certainly appears to be more relaxed and thougthful with his responces. It looks like he has a load taken off his shoulders. 

Krisiun

In Austin we Trust!$
How's that worked out for you so far? 8)

blackandgld

I just watched a clip of Naylor interviewing Kavis Reed. Interesting wording of a comment. He said "Manziel is currently property of The Ticats"
I wish i could find it to post a link. Just watching made my spider senses tingle. Reed had a twinkle in his eye when he said it. Maybe nothing but i am reading the tea leaves. Currently property as in for now yes. Soon to be ours. My prediction is Johnny will eventually end up after an over payment in Montreal. Just a gut feeling that I have.

Krisiun

My prediction is Johnny will eventually end up after an over payment in Montreal. Just a gut feeling that I have.
Well that is actually fitting since Montreal has always brought in the side-shows to try and get more fans. Usually they never work out. Hopefully they will continue that tradition even without Popp. 8)

ExPat

My prediction is Johnny will eventually end up after an over payment in Montreal. Just a gut feeling that I have.
Well that is actually fitting since Montreal has always brought in the side-shows to try and get more fans. Usually they never work out. Hopefully they will continue that tradition even without Popp. 8)

Does that make Manziel the next Next Calvillo?

my home team

Does that make Manziel the next Next Calvillo?
What made Calvillo's success was the tutoring he got from the starter, Tracy Ham.

Manziel has no one on the Alouettes' roster currently who can provide such expert guidance.

Geez, this team doesn't even have a current starter.

Me first Johnny is likely to become the next Troy Smith.

mycko75

I just watched a clip of Naylor interviewing Kavis Reed. Interesting wording of a comment. He said "Manziel is currently property of The Ticats"
I wish i could find it to post a link. Just watching made my spider senses tingle. Reed had a twinkle in his eye when he said it. Maybe nothing but i am reading the tea leaves. Currently property as in for now yes. Soon to be ours. My prediction is Johnny will eventually end up after an over payment in Montreal. Just a gut feeling that I have.
Here you go:

https://www.tsn.ca/video/mountainside-chats-with-dave-naylor-kavis-reed~1300483
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

heapbag

Just watched that Kavis clip now and you're definitely right about the eye twinkle.

Either Johnny ends up in Montreal or a baby was just conceived.

Onemoredork

Just watched that Kavis clip now and you're definitely right about the eye twinkle.

Either Johnny ends up in Montreal or a child just got conceived.
Or hes just having fun with reporter because he knows hes being baited into saying something interesting. Team is a trainwreck, hes under seige, he has to stay upbeat.

blackandgld

Either Johnny ends up in Montreal or a baby was just conceived.
BAHAHAHA, and thanks for posting Mycko!

TravelPat1

The one part I noted is when Kent talked about part of the due dillegence the team did in vetting Manziel was what he was like in the locker rooms in college and Cleveland and what they found was very different from what many posters here have surmised. 

He was 'outstanding in that regard', 'didn't have an attitude;  'a willingness to earn anything he gets (regardlesss of what you heard in these negotiations').

(If you listen from the 6:30 mark on is when Austin makes those comments.)

Users Online

98 Guests, 10 Users (24 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
narles, Mightygoose, KevinRiley2, Evil Doctor, claudebug, pdson2, greenandwhite, schmenger, FootbalYouBet, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (19)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)