Grover

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Lennywasout

As a player, Austin checks a lot of boxes.
I hope he gets in

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/08/kent-austin-nominated-for-canadian-football-hall-of-fame/?
I too think he deserves to be in.  There’s a lot of haters out there concerning his time here but I’m not one. However good or bad his time here has been does not diminish what he did as a player.

PatLynch

Austin, Zuger, and Krouse should be the next on the list of inductees. Grey Cup wins in 1963, 65, 67, and 72 for Krouse were highlighted by key tackles, a punt block, and an interception in the endzone . He played for the Cats for 13 years and like Bernie Custis and Russ Jackson, he was an educator in the Hamilton area schools .

These 3 players exemplify the qualities that our football hall of fame recognizes . They were more than just great players .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

stevehvh

Austin, Zuger, and Krouse should be the next on the list of inductees. Grey Cup wins in 1963, 65, 67, and 72 for Krouse were highlighted by key tackles, a punt block, and an interception in the endzone . He played for the Cats for 13 years and like Bernie Custis and Russ Jackson, he was an educator in the Hamilton area schools .

These 3 players exemplify the qualities that our football hall of fame recognizes . They were more than just great players .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
I agree.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

bobo82

It absolutely blows me away that Joe Zuger is not in the HOF . I mean you have to wonder what exactly is the criteria to qualify one for the Hall when you look at Zuger's career accomplishments in the CFL both as a player (62-71)  and later on in management after his retirement (80-91).

* Played 10 seasons in the CFL (62 -71)
* Played in 128 games in his career
* Played in 5 Grey Cup games (62,63,64,65,67)
* Played on 3 Grey Cup winning teams (63,65,67)
* Voted MVP of the 67 Grey Cup .
* Holds league record for most TD passes in a single game (8 tds , 1962 vs Sask)
* Holds team record for most yds passing in a single game (572 yds )
*Holds league record for 45.5 yd career punting avg .
* 3 times finished season with over 48 + yds  per punt avg (68,69,71)
* Played DB his first two seasons (62-63) and had 9 ints combined (4 in 1962 , 5 in 1963)

* Ti-Cats director of Player personnel 1980 . Team finished 1rst in the East , Grey Cup finalist .

* Ti-Cats GM from 1981 to 1991 . Team had 4 Grey Cups appearances (84,85,86,89)with Zuger as GM winning it all in 1986 .

* Combined playing career and management saw Zuger spend 21 seasons in the Ti-Cat organization where he was involved with 10 Trips to the Cup in total . Winning it on 4 different occasions (3 times as a player - 63,65,67 and once as the GM - 86 )

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

stevehvh

Bobo, you are so right. I couldn't agree more. It is a shame he wasn't put in years ago, and ridiculous he isn't there now.

bobo82

Bobo, you are so right. I couldn't agree more. It is a shame he wasn't put in years ago, and ridiculous he isn't there now.
Considering that Joe just turned 78 in February and like the rest of us isn't getting any younger it is indeed beyond ridiculous that he has been snubbed for as long as he has by the HOF committee . Hopefully they will right this wrong and soon while Joe is still alive to enjoy it .

Here is an article from March 14 / 2015 about how Joe has been snubbed by the HOF for all these years and how he and several others feel about it . Sadly the accompanying video in the article about Joe and his 67 Grey Cup MVP performance has been blocked by copyright infringement .

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2015/03/14/tiger-cats-great-joe-zuger-handles-shrine-snub-artfully.html

Hey CFL..... do the right thing and put this man where he rightfully belongs in the HOF .

In his rookie year sharing a laugh with Frank Cosentino in "62"

In his 1rst Grey Cup appearance in his rookie season . The infamous Fog Bowl of "62"

Playing DB in Grey Cup win #1 over BC in "63"

At the controls under centre in Grey Cup win #2 over Winnipeg in "65"

The MVP celebrates Grey Cup win #3 over Saskatchewan in "67"

And finally Grey Cup win #4 as GM  over Edmonton in "86"

Hank01

Definitely Zuger he has a playing career similar to Jerry Keeling who made it in the CFHOF . 

Austin has also done enough to be honoured one day in the CFHOF .

Grover

bobo, thanks for posting! 
I wholeheartedly agree, Zuger should have been in long ago.
Exactly who gets to nominate a player to the CFHoF?

Users Online

94 Guests, 14 Users (20 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, FootbalYouBet, Mightygoose, MtnCat, KevinRiley2, heapbag, greenandwhite, tcmike, Lyle B. Style, StampsRock!, Wumper, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (10), Baidu

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)