seymour

Austin gambled his future with the Ti-Cats organization when he signed Collaros to the grossly-inflated contract whereby he made Collaros the highest paid player in the league. At that level of commitment by the organization, it was expected (if not demanded) that Austin win a championship. If that didn't happen and the Austin/Collaros experiment flopped, then Austin, and perhaps Collaros, would pay the price.
And flop it did.... Austin took a talented, skilled young QB with, some would argue, Flutie-like potential and "de-coached" him into a confused, under-performing pocket-passer who seemed as if he wanted to be anywhere but playing for Austin.

Austin has always claimed that each and every decision he makes is in the best interests of the team and the organization. That being the case, here is the decision and action he now needs to take.....

Leave, go, take off, depart, vacate, au revoir, sayonara, adios, see ya........

The party's over and his days here are numbered but Austin is like your least-favourite uncle who won't take the hint and just leave.

mr62cats

Scott Mitchell
@ticatmitchell

Kent Austin is neither seeking coaching opportunities nor being encouraged to. When you’ve coached in 4 division finals & 3 Grey Cups in 6 years as a head coach, people come calling. As VP he’s made a number of great decisions, @CoachJuneJones is at the top of the list ! #ticats
6:00 PM - 4 Dec 2017
This literally reminds me of a  Donald Trump type tweet.

We all know he's not part of the Jones situation.
There goes the 2018 season.

Onemoredork

Austin gambled his future with the Ti-Cats organization when he signed Collaros to the grossly-inflated contract whereby he made Collaros the highest paid player in the league. At that level of commitment by the organization, it was expected (if not demanded) that Austin win a championship. If that didn't happen and the Austin/Collaros experiment flopped, then Austin, and perhaps Collaros, would pay the price.
And flop it did.... Austin took a talented, skilled young QB with, some would argue, Flutie-like potential and "de-coached" him into a confused, under-performing pocket-passer who seemed as if he wanted to be anywhere but playing for Austin.

Austin has always claimed that each and every decision he makes is in the best interests of the team and the organization. That being the case, here is the decision and action he now needs to take.....

The party's over and his days here are numbered but Austin is like your least-favourite uncle who won't take the hint and just leave.
June Jones read this. Its what you get here. 

seymour

June Jones read this. Its what you get here.
Are you suggesting that the same thing is possible with a Jones/Manziel experiment?

Onemoredork

Im not suggesting it. Im saying it. When fortunes turn you will be attacked whether it makes sense or not.

Prediction: if things go bad the accusation will be "Jones was saddled with a qb he didnt want by Austin"

Conspiracies have always had currency in these parts.

smogmonster

Im not suggesting it. Im saying it. When fortunes turn you will be attacked whether it makes sense or not.

Prediction: if things go bad the accusation will be "Jones was saddled with a qb he didnt want by Austin"

That whole scenario is as predictable as an easterly sunrise...  This is pro sports.  Tell me that doesn't happen to every team out there. 

By all accounts:  Jones was impressed by Johnny Manziel - right from his own mouth.  Jones was impressed with Jeremiah Mazoli - chose to play him EVERY game.  I don't know where you came up with the accusation or "conspiracy" but it certainly sounds like you want to start one.  Jones isn't getting "saddled" with anybody.  He has given us the best idea of who he wants back and it appears that Zach ain't part of it based on chirps from senior management.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Crash

That whole scenario is as predictable as an easterly sunrise...  This is pro sports.  Tell me that doesn't happen to every team out there.  

By all accounts:  Jones was impressed by Johnny Manziel - right from his own mouth.  Jones was impressed with Jeremiah Mazoli - chose to play him EVERY game.  I don't know where you came up with the accusation or "conspiracy" but it certainly sounds like you want to start one.  Jones isn't getting "saddled" with anybody.  He has given us the best idea of who he wants back and it appears that Zach ain't part of it based on chirps from senior management.
I think what dork is trying to say is that it Masoli is the guy and things go wrong people around here will find a reason to blame Kent.

schmenger

Once Kent has left the building there will be no reason to blame him for anything. This is the June Jones show now and I am looking forward to see how he will build the team and coaching staff. 

Krisiun

Seymour nails it again.

Collaros does have the potential to be great again, but probably not here.

mr62cats

Seymour:  Well said!

Palmer

It is easy to dump on Kent Austin now, after his horrendous 0-8 start to the season.  But just a word of caution -  IMO, June Jones faced an easier schedule to finish out the season than did Kent Austin to start it, for example, two of the wins were against a collapsed Allouette franchise, and even the second, at home, wasn't the romp it should have been.  And Austin stood behind his "star" players, particularly Zach Collaras, C J Gable, and John Chick.  Before we annoint Jones as the next saviour in Hamilton, let's see what he can do consistently against above .500 teams, and against tougher Western opponents.  Let's wait until he faces a prolonged streak against a string of the better teams, like Austin did in 2017, with an underperforming QB, and then decide if he is indeed the guy.

schmenger

I don't think anyone is going to anoint June Jones as the person who saves the Tiger Cats. For me it's all about common sense when dealing with the public, the press and the players. Austin in my opinion has a I'm smarter than you attitude. Jones on the other hand comes across as a true people person who values the thoughts of his players. He certainly changed the locker room around in quick fashion. I am sure the press welcome his down to earth style. Austin is an it's my way or the highway coach that is very much old school and very much outdated. Austin had to prove a point by playing Collaros even though he made little attempt to shore up the offensive line or change his so called complicated playbook. 

I agree the first part of the schedule was tough, however you noticed the players quit on Austin during the Calgary game. That in my opinion speaks volumes about how the players feel about their coach. Jones has had more success than Austin because he understands people, Austin is stubborn and self centered. It will be interesting to see how the pieces will fit together in the next few months with a fresh approach and with a players coach. 

blackandgld

Coincidence or not. Didn't seem like we were ravished with injuries during Austins coaching tenure and we seemed to heal up real good under Jones?
Just seemed every week we would lose a few starters with Austin as coach. i don't even know what point I am trying to make other than it was an odd coincidence i guess.

ExPat

IMO, June Jones faced an easier schedule to finish out the season than did Kent Austin to start it, for example, two of the wins were against a collapsed Allouette franchise, and even the second, at home, wasn't the romp it should have been
It was 33-0.  What were you hoping for?

But I agree the last 10 games were easier than the first 8.

Palmer

Coincidence or not. Didn't seem like we were ravished with injuries during Austins coaching tenure and we seemed to heal up real good under Jones?
Just seemed every week we would lose a few starters with Austin as coach. i don't even know what point I am trying to make other than it was an odd coincidence i guess.
I have to agree on the injuries.  Seemed every game there were one or two players added to the IR, or moved from the 1 game to the 6 game.  Didn't see that as much after Jones came or when players moved to other teams - case in point, Greg Ellingson, who even tried to return to play in the semi-final after being injured.  Seemed in Hamilton he was continuously hurt.

I have always assumed it was Kent Austin's way of "hiding" players or reducing salary cap issues?  But, that is only speculation on my part of course.

Users Online

96 Guests, 13 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Iconic SR, ed ohmnes, btharner, Grover, Lennywasout, FootbalYouBet, sully, KevinRiley2, djrobertson2017, heapbag, Mightygoose, joe, Yahoo!, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)