Grover

"Kent Austin may be looking for another job.
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats vice-president of football operations told a Hamilton radio station on Monday that he has talked to U.S. schools about possible coaching positions.
“There has been some correspondence but nothing that I would say at this point would be very serious,” Austin said.
But the fact that Austin is pursuing other opportunities is interesting given that he currently has two more years remaining on the deal he signed in January 2016 to remain the team’s head coach, general manager and vice-president of football operations through the 2019 season.
A CFL source says the Ticats have given Austin permission to pursue other opportunities."

MORE HERE
http://3downnation.com/2017/12/04/ticats-kent-austin-talking-u-s-schools-coaching-jobs/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

toddstattoo

thanks for posting this
Oskee Wee Wee

schmenger

Saw this coming miles and miles away. Good for both parties.

smogmonster

“I miss coaching but I love what I do, I love the people that I work for. I love this organization and I’m committed to bringing a championship to the Tiger-Cats.”   ...  and yet he is looking at coaching jobs elsewhere.  I don't expect him to be here very long despite the above comment from Kent.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

blackandgld

Let me decode this

“I miss coaching (TRUE) but I love what I do (FALSE), I love the people that I work for. (I love my paycheck) I love this organization (I love my paycheck) and I’m committed to bringing a championship to the Tiger-Cats.”(I love my paycheck)  
This all = bye bye Austin.

smogmonster

I think that is a pretty accurate decoding...

Grover

Scott Mitchell‏ 
@ticatmitchell
Kent Austin is neither seeking coaching opportunities nor being encouraged to. When you’ve coached in 4 division finals & 3 Grey Cups in 6 years as a head coach, people come calling. As VP he’s made a number of great decisions, @CoachJuneJones is at the top of the list ! #ticats
6:00 PM - 4 Dec 2017

vjcos

"Kent Austin may be looking for another job.
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats vice-president of football operations told a Hamilton radio station on Monday that he has talked to U.S. schools about possible coaching positions.
“There has been some correspondence but nothing that I would say at this point would be very serious,” Austin said.
But the fact that Austin is pursuing other opportunities is interesting given that he currently has two more years remaining on the deal he signed in January 2016 to remain the team’s head coach, general manager and vice-president of football operations through the 2019 season.
A CFL source says the Ticats have given Austin permission to pursue other opportunities."

MORE HERE
http://3downnation.com/2017/12/04/ticats-kent-austin-talking-u-s-schools-coaching-jobs/
I think Kent has passed his best before date.
Giving him the keys to the Franchise, Head coach GM president was never a good thing.
He may be a good coach but none of the above for the other roles.

blackandgld

Scott Mitchell
@ticatmitchell

MORE DECODING:
Kent Austin is neither seeking coaching opportunities nor being encouraged to
(TRUE, Kent just spoke to a few US schools because he is a warm and cordial dude)

When you’ve coached in 4 division finals & 3 Grey Cups in 6 years as a head coach
(Kent made 4 division finals in 6 seasons in a league where 50% of the East teams make the division finals and coached the team to a below .500 record. And the 6 seasons were interrupted by 3 years at Cornell 1-6, 3-4, 2-5)  ).
As VP he’s made a number of great decisions,
@CoachJuneJones is at the top of the list
(And this move was so good i am speaking to a few schools South of the border. Please reference back to point one)!
#ticats

DisplacedCatsFan

Talking to NCAA colleges does NOT automatically mean that he's looking for another coaching gig.  It could simply be the colleges calling him, and Kent saying "No thanks".
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

safetyblitz

Talking to NCAA colleges does NOT automatically mean that he's looking for another coaching gig.  It could simply be the colleges calling him, and Kent saying "No thanks".
Read between the lines. In the linked story, Austin is quoted as confirming that June's contract was negotiated by Scott Mitchell on the Ticat end, not Austin, with Austin observing it would be "awkward" for the former head coach to engage in contract talks with the new head coach. How is it any less "awkward" for the fired former head coach to continue as the boss of the new head coach? This wasn't Wally Buono or John Hufnagel in the off-season deciding the time was right to step back from coaching, this was the stench of Austin's 0-8 start being so hideous that it was untenable for the organization to allow him to continue coaching.

The solution they're all looking for is to allow Austin to save face by "moving on to an exciting coaching challenge in the NCAA" so the organization can move on from Austin without humiliating him any further (and without terminating him and remaining on the hook for his big salary).

Everything that comes out of Scott Mitchell's mouth is spin. That's been apparent for a long time.

Crash

Scott Mitchell
@ticatmitchell

Kent Austin is neither seeking coaching opportunities nor being encouraged to. When you’ve coached in 4 division finals & 3 Grey Cups in 6 years as a head coach, people come calling. As VP he’s made a number of great decisions, @CoachJuneJones is at the top of the list ! #ticats
This literally reminds me of a  Donald Trump type tweet.

We all know he's not part of the Jones situation.

Onemoredork

Scott Mitchell
@ticatmitchell

This literally reminds me of a  Donald Trump type tweet.

We all know he's not part of the Jones situation.
Anything less than  ringing endorsement would be warped by Edwards as a sign that the entire organization has cooled on him.

ottawacat

Hunting around online to see what other questionable tweets, on this subject, might be out there, this brought me the best laugh of the day:

https://twitter.com/jeremiah_masoli?lang=en

ottawacat

Talking to NCAA colleges does NOT automatically mean that he's looking for another coaching gig.  It could simply be the colleges calling him, and Kent saying "No thanks".
Read between the lines. In the linked story, Austin is quoted as confirming that June's contract was negotiated by Scott Mitchell on the Ticat end, not Austin, with Austin observing it would be "awkward" for the former head coach to engage in contract talks with the new head coach. How is it any less "awkward" for the fired former head coach to continue as the boss of the new head coach? This wasn't Wally Buono or John Hufnagel in the off-season deciding the time was right to step back from coaching, this was the stench of Austin's 0-8 start being so hideous that it was untenable for the organization to allow him to continue coaching.

The solution they're all looking for is to allow Austin to save face by "moving on to an exciting coaching challenge in the NCAA" so the organization can move on from Austin without humiliating him any further (and without terminating him and remaining on the hook for his big salary).

Everything that comes out of Scott Mitchell's mouth is spin. That's been apparent for a long time.
Here's almost 13 mins. of "spin."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-blair-show/throwing-questions-jones-austin-manziel-tiger-cats-ceo/

I don't understand how the "Chief Executive Officer" goes public, like this, acting as the voice of "football operations" when nothing comes from the "VP Football Operations," other than lending his name and title to something someone else has written, and stating that he's been looking at other job opportunities, while absolutely nothing comes, as has been the case for many months, from the "General Manager."  This is the CFL, not provincial or federal politics. 

Users Online

94 Guests, 26 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
97valkyrie, Grover, popo, Sidney, Onemoredork, everyman, oo DAWG oo, G Man, 150GAGE, ExPat, mike2579, Corey.the.tiger, alphamale111, bobo82, GOTC1, FootbalYouBet, PatLynch, Lucas Bellemare, JoeyT, thirdnlong, Mightygoose, brihind88, djrobertson2017, Iconic SR, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)