my home team

Give Kent your Trust ;D ;D
Eric said in that interview that if they got two of their players signed, they would have considered that a good day (paraphrasing).

The fact that they got all 4!!!!

Again,.....WELL DONE....

Slomojo2005

He has provided many sound bytes, sports centre clips and less than profession behaviour but he has also given us a chance to win. His coaching has little to be desired but he has made some smart football moves. I hope he delivers us a Cup.
Just curious, but what are these "less than profession(al) behaviour" are we talking about here?  

Maybe its me, but I always found him to be be too friendly and revealing in most media scrums.  
Oh I don't know, hitting a ref, shoulder shoving Dave Stalla, losing his mind on the sideline
You mean he acted like a coach who cared about winning?  Sort of like other coaches in other leagues like Torterella in NHL or Bob Knight of college b-ball fame.  Seriuosly!  Kent was and is an intense individual and he cares about winning, not just for himself but for the young men that play for him.  Too bad it fell apart last year! 

Used2bBG

I have to say that I was extremely doubtful when all of that stuff came out about players not signing here and Speedy saying he wouldn't come back if Kent was still a part of the organization at all. I've been to camp and practice and I never saw anything to indicate that there was animosity between him and players. I always liked that Kent is fiery and says what he thinks. I can respect that.  I think the team did an outstanding job of bringing back the guys we really needed to have back and I believe Kent had a large part in that. 
I once was borehamgirl

Crash

So not only did the players that supposedly weren't coming back ALL decide to come back. (As well as June Jones)... But those players still had to negotiate with Kent... And deals still got done.

Slomojo2005

So not only did the players that supposedly weren't coming back ALL decide to come back. (As well as June Jones)... But those players still had to negotiate with Kent... And deals still got done.
I think that players know exactly who has what it takes and who doesn’t. They may say things just to posture! Just to stir things up but bottom line here, noone doubts Austin’s football smarts.  Thatz why they are all back 

blackandgld

IMO Drew should pen a after the fact story that despite what was shared with him in confidence the Cats overcame the obstacles and ran the table resigning the players and coach they wanted to keep.
It can be tongue in cheek and light but should be written to bury that article.

Lennywasout

What Drew needs to do is go back to his source and question him about his statement.  Maybe Drew was a little too trusting in his source. Maybe his source was setting him up. Why would Drew lie about such a statement from a player? I dint believe he would.

Lennywasout

What Drew needs to do is go back to his source and question him about his statement.  Maybe Drew was a little too trusting in his source. Maybe his source was setting him up. Why would Drew lie about such a statement from a player? I don’t believe he would lie about it.

150GAGE

Did we not have the same management team last year?

Did we not have pretty well the same players last year? 

Other than June Jones, which BTW I believe is the reason a lot players re-signed here - what makes the board so optimistic?

I believe we have a 9-9 team at best; playoff contender yes; grey cup contender not so much.
(We don' t have HANK or RICKY, to whom anything can happen)

blackandgld

Did we not have the same management team last year?

Did we not have pretty well the same players last year?

Other than June Jones, which BTW I believe is the reason a lot players re-signed here - what makes the board so optimistic?

I believe we have a 9-9 team at best; playoff contender yes; grey cup contender not so much.
(We don' t have HANK or RICKY, to whom anything can happen)
I would take the over on your 9-9 any day.

schmenger

I don't know how to interpret how this off season has progressed. We have signed one player and kept 90 plus percent of the same players that were 0 - 8. I don't see any real attempt to improve the team. There must be a master plan because at this point the team is not good enough to compete for a Grey Cup. This is the same defence that could not put the Stamps, Roughies or Arblows away when they needed to. Close but no cigars. If you dont improve or upgrade your weak positions the same crap will repeat itself. Just my opinion, that i would suspect not many fans will like.

stevehvh

I don't know how to interpret how this off season has progressed. We have signed one player and kept 90 plus percent of the same players that were 0 - 8. I don't see any real attempt to improve the team. There must be a master plan because at this point the team is not good enough to compete for a Grey Cup. This is the same defence that could not put the Stamps, Roughies or Arblows away when they needed to. Close but no cigars. If you dont improve or upgrade your weak positions the same crap will repeat itself. Just my opinion, that i would suspect not many fans will like.
I'd say the team more closely resembles the one that finished 6-4 than the one that started 0-8. I feel pretty good about our prospects this coming season.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Slomojo2005

The 0-8 team changed with dwparture of Austin. They actually turned thinga around and became a legitimate GC contender had they made the playoffs.
 So if the same “crap” happens as did the last half of season, see you at the Grey Cup game!

schmenger

Nothing would make me happier is to see the Cats in the cup and win it. The same teams the Cats beat last tear have made significant moves to improve and are not relying on last year's achievements. I want to say I am wrong however the logical side of my brain says if you make no attempt to improve you will not improve. Last year was last year and every new year brings changes, hopefully positive changes. I hope I am 100% wrong.

Crash

Love this fanbase. When you blow it up they scream for continuity. When you aim for continuity they want you to blow it up.

When you keep the same players they say we have to upgrade... When you let them leave they throw in your face that you let them go.

Rinse, repeat.

Users Online

96 Guests, 2 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, bobo82, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)