-Hammer-

You mean to tell me neither Lawrence nor Dean can make the transition at linebacker? I don't buy it.

blackandgld

What bothers me isn't the decision to trade a guy they were going to cut anyway.  Obviously getting something is better than getting nothing.

What bothers me is that a player who is a star elsewhere somehow can't play here.  I'm sure Ottawa didn't play zone-only when Kanneh was an all-star and Grey Cup hero 18 months ago.  Suddenly the guy can't cover man-to-man?  Emanuel Davis also suddenly lost his abilities last year.

If both Kanneh and Davis end up starting and playing well for TOR and CAL, the excitement of salary cap savings (yay!) may not be enough to make us forget them.  (However two star rookies would help - I sure hope we've found them.)
Our defensive backfield has mostly been a minefield of failures where guys have left to go on to success in other uniforms.
Add the names Ed Gainey, Cassius Vaughan, Rico Murray and Johnny Sears to Davis and Kanneh. Lets see how it all shakes out.

smogmonster

Rico did squat last year and surprise, surprise Sears was hurt again.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

ExPat

Rico did squat last year and surprise, surprise Sears was hurt again.
Rico was an eastern all-star in 2017
https://www.cfl.ca/tag/all-stars/

smogmonster

Damn ExPat...  crow tastes terrible.  Honestly though...  when I watched Rico last year I don’t remember any great games.  Probably were the ones against us.  Missed his play vs other teams.   I was sad to see him go because he was a solid Cat.  

Count Floyd

What bothers me isn't the decision to trade a guy they were going to cut anyway.  Obviously getting something is better than getting nothing.

What bothers me is that a player who is a star elsewhere somehow can't play here.  I'm sure Ottawa didn't play zone-only when Kanneh was an all-star and Grey Cup hero 18 months ago.  Suddenly the guy can't cover man-to-man?  Emanuel Davis also suddenly lost his abilities last year.

If both Kanneh and Davis end up starting and playing well for TOR and CAL, the excitement of salary cap savings (yay!) may not be enough to make us forget them.  (However two star rookies would help - I sure hope we've found them.)
Davis didn't play well for the last season & a half here.  He shied away from hits & got burned regularly.  I wasn't sorry to see him go.

Kanneh's trade was a surprise to me though.

pw13

Damn ExPat...  crow tastes terrible.  Honestly though...  when I watched Rico last year I don’t remember any great games.  Probably were the ones against us.  Missed his play vs other teams.   I was sad to see him go because he was a solid Cat.  
As an Argo fan, I watched every game they played last year -- Rico Murray had an outstanding year and I was very sorry to see him leave as a free agent.

Users Online

52 Guests, 2 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, rhymes with orange, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (7), Baidu

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)