Dr.Whiskey

First preseason game he was bad... Got flat out beat on a lob TD, either just couldn't handle the Toronto rookie or didn't try, either way it wasn't good to see, all the other dbs looked better than him.

ExPat

Who needs former CFL all-stars on our team anyway?

Dr.Whiskey

Exactly!!! we only want future all stars, forget the past.

seymour

There's a good chance he'll excel under a fresh start with the Argos - he's joining a good backfield there.

He sort of gave me the impression he really didn't want to be here.

canadianfootballfan

If he was still playing at that level then he would still have a job.

As to how "horrible" this trade is...  he didn't make the team, and was about to be released.  Better an 8th round pick than nothing at all.  Drew Allemang has grabbed us some great players that late in the draft before.  Like Mike Daly.

Grover

Where is our cutdown list??

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Onemoredork

A very laid back approach to cut down day.

bobo82

Where is our cutdown list??

Good question . It's now an hour and a half past the official cut down time of 10:00 AM . 
Every other team has announced their final cuts but us . So far all we know is that Abdul Kanneh didn't make the cut and was traded , outside of that though.....Nada .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

ExPat

Didn’t we randomly switch Kanneh to corner instead of the position where he had previously excelled?   And then based our decision on his first-ever game at the new position rather than the rest of his career?

Onemoredork

If he was still playing at that level then he would still have a job.

As to how "horrible" this trade is...  he didn't make the team, and was about to be released.  Better an 8th round pick than nothing at all.  Drew Allemang has grabbed us some great players that late in the draft before.  Like Mike Daly.
Fans: "We need to get get better. We need to bring in more talent. Team is sitting on its hands."

Reality : "Ok. But in order to do so we need to cut salary. Talent costs money."

Fans : " Yeah. Why did we sign player x to such a big contract anyway ? He doesnt do anything... Cut the deadwood."

Reality: "We traded player y and released player x today to make room and improve."

Fans: "Wait ! What ! You traded who? Why did you cut him !?. Arrrrgh. This team will never get better with decisions like this. I've been a season ticket holder for 85 years and Im cancelling...."

Reality: "But you said you wanted..."

The saga continues.

canadianfootballfan

Didn’t we randomly switch Kanneh to corner instead of the position where he had previously excelled?   And then based our decision on his first-ever game at the new position rather than the rest of his career?
A talented player that struggles at HB is usually moved to CB, as it's an easier position to play, and if they can't make it there they will either get cut, traded, or sent to the PR.  PR wasn't an option for a big contract guy like him.

I wondered why he was at CB myself, but it certainly wouldn't be because he was playing well at HB.  I'm thinking he must struggle with the new Glanville D.

safetyblitz

I wondered why he was at CB myself, but it certainly wouldn't be because he was playing well at HB.  I'm thinking he must struggle with the new Glanville D.
The Milton writeup the other day was talking about the expected emphasis on man coverage under Glanville.

of course

Glanville must really like some of our rookie DB's.  It looks like at least one of them will be a starter now.  Probably the rook who can return kicks (ran one back for a TD in first exhibition game).

CFLJohnny

You don't cut a guy for no reason.  Obviously the coaches thought other guys were better,  he probably never recovered 100% from that injury that kept him out for half the season.

Niagaraguy2018

I'm thinking they really like Frankie William's who covered really well yesterdays game and was on his player well. Jay Ross played good too.

Users Online

60 Guests, 3 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
slowhand, ExPat, Mark7, Google (AdSense), Google (8), Alexa

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)