Dr.Whiskey

???dominated is a very interesting word for that game. 

I said "June Jones" knew what was coming he talked about the blitz all week in the interviews on this site and how it was gonna be unlike any other team so far yet it proved entirely effective in stopping us.

It's not an end of the world horrible thing to be outcoached it doesn't mean your not still a great coach but if a team is a reflection of their coach and you take any credit for a win then you take some flak for a loss. I'd rather it be outcoaching and out- scheming that lost this game (that can be fixed), better then Saskatchewan just having better players or we're screwed next game too

Grover

According to TSN’s Derek Taylor, Jones rushed with more than four men on 51 per cent of the pass snaps.
That is Jones’ highest percentage, by far, since Taylor began recording pass-rush data last season. Jones’ previous peak blitzing frequency was 36 per cent, registered Oct. 13 when the Ottawa Redblacks won 33-32 at Mosaic Stadium.
Derek’s pass-rushing stats from Thursday break down as follows:
Rushing with three men: Hamilton quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was 4-for-9 for 54 yards.
Four men: 7-12, 130 yards; one scramble for 14 yards.
Five men: 5-10, 66 yards, with one interception and one sack.
Six men: 2-4, 25 yards; three-yard scramble.
Seven men: 4-5, 28 yards.
Eight men: 1-3, 30 yards.

TOBI OR NOT TOBI?
That is the question the Tiger-Cats should have been asking Thursday, when they were never quite sure where to find Tobi Antigha.
On one occasion, Jones blitzed Antigha — who is listed as a defensive end — after he had lined up at cornerback.
Antigha flattened Masoli shortly after Hughes knocked the ball loose, plucked it from the air, and returned the fumble 57 yards for a touchdown.
Later, Antigha lined up at safety and registered his first CFL interception.

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-saskatchewan-roughriders-have-a-major-issue?

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Espo

Return team needs a lot of work; we shouldnt have to drive 70-80 yards each drive.

Nothing in this in this game suggests that JM should not get the next start.
Solid post overall, just wanted to highlight the most important parts IMO.

Good lord the specials need work. 

Masoli had a decent game.  Nothing worth smashing him about, but nothing worth drooling over (record tieing or not) 

He's definitely done enough to keep his starting spot over a rookie.  (but we need to get off the the win-one-lose-one merrygoround sooner or later if he wants real job security) 

Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Palmer

Have to agree on the win-one-lose-one thing, Espo.

Crash

Have to agree on the win-one-lose-one thing, Espo.
As I mentioned in another thread we are 12-10 with JM as starter. While some of those were in a backup role, hes 8-6 since last Labour Day. 

The last time we had a D this good we were the early favourite to win the Grey Cup. We have to get more consistent on Offense and more specifically in the red zone. Not sure if its a personnel thing or a play calling thing in the red zone but it really does get better if this team is going to rip off a few wins in a row and potentially separate themselves from the East.

I'm tired of using last year as the bar or measuring stick, and I'm tired of being ok with .500. As a fanbase we deserve better. 

At the midpoint last year most of this forum wanted a complete tear down from top to bottom, we decided that this June Jones/Jerimiah Masoli combo was the one to get us to the top of the East, so I'm not going to be ok with win-one-lose-one.

From a QB perspective when is it time to make a decision on a QB? Is it 20 starts? 30 starts? I honestly don't have the answer, I just know they get the credit when a team wins and the blame when a team loses. I also know we've suffered enough of those painful, frustrating, annoying losses like the one we experienced last week. Hopefully it was a blip and the real team we have was the team that beat Edmonton/Winnipeg with rather ease.  

Garney 26

Right on Crash! Well said!

Habsfan

D has been lights out.  The offense has been good, but consistently starting with bad field position isn't doing the offense any favours.   Hamilton must have the worst starting field position stat in the league.  I don't think it matters what QB you start the finish isn't going to be stellar when you have to always go 70 to 90 yards to score.  Special teams need to be fixed.

Users Online

98 Guests, 12 Users (15 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Katmandu, 97valkyrie, KevinRiley2, cividan, MadJack, disciplineandpunish, Taleback, DisplacedCatsFan, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)