Tipper

I may have missed it … but did John White get hurt or something?  I don't remember seeing him after the first drive.
8) I was thinking the exact same thing.  I think White carried the ball twice,  and was never seen 
    again in the game !!

Tipper

Dear Chris Jones,

Thanks for showing us how to stop HAMs offense

Love, rest of CFL.
8)  How very true !!   And it only took 4 games to figure out how to do it !!

150GAGE

8)  How very true !!   And it only took 4 games to figure out how to do it !!
Thats the cat and mouse game all teams have to play.  We need to make better adjustments at half time and game to game. Such as more plays into the flat or screens. Running game got stuffed in 2nd half.
Sometimes, it appeared we fooled ourselves in the play calling.

This game can be used as a  turning point or building block.
Our defence played a pretty good game, but we need more turnovers. 
Return team needs a lot of work; we shouldnt have to drive 70-80 yards each drive.
Nothing in this in this game suggests that JM should not get the next start.

Palmer

8) I was thinking the exact same thing.  I think White carried the ball twice,  and was never seen
    again in the game !!
 Not impressed with White at all, not much of an improvement over Whitlock, who as a RB is a good DT.  Go with the two Canadian kids, and dump White for a good return man.

blackandgld

Not impressed with White at all, not much of an improvement over Whitlock, who as a RB is a good DT.  Go with the two Canadian kids, and dump White for a good return man.
White had 2 carries. Made something out of nothing on his first carry for 11 yards and a 1st down and was double teamed behind the line of scrimage on the other. He had zero chance on this play. You are a tough critic

WOOFDOG

Who was calling the plays for the Hamilton offense against Saskatchewan? The last two games Hamilton used their two Canadian running backs (Sean Thomas-Erlington and Mercer Timmis) along with a strong passing game. Last night they gave up on the running game way too early. Hamilton played well defensively but they need a balanced offense. 

NZFan

Generaly, if your D keeps it under 20 and and the O keeps it over 20 as an average over the season, you'll probably have a winning record (old RoT I remember). After four games it's 24-21; make your own conclusions.

Me, I see a big winning streak at some point soon. I say they crush them next time.  :)

Palmer

White had 2 carries. Made something out of nothing on his first carry for 11 yards and a 1st down and was double teamed behind the line of scrimage on the other. He had zero chance on this play. You are a tough critic
You're right, blackandgold.  Over-reaction on my part.  Just don't see the advantage of tying up an International roster position with an RB who doesn't appear to add any dimension to our game not already provided by Whitlock, and two Nationals in Timmis and Thomas-Erlington.

We have a crying need for a kick returner, and IMO, a sure-handed deep threat receiver with some size and weight.  I see those as better uses of the International position.

Lennywasout

Maybe the bye week will let the coach rest a little and figure out how to protect against all those rushers..  of course CJ won’t do that next game so can JJ adjust accordingly this time.  I’m not sure.  
And we have two weeks to somehow figure out our return schemes and personnel.  We need much better from these guys (coaching included)

Grover

A good post here from a SSK fan on Chris Jones defensive schemes, from CFL forum
from depopulationINC

I think a lot of that was a defense that changed it's look a stunning amount of times.  There were personnel moving all over the place.  A DE was playing S and got a pick.  We saw LBs lined up as HBs and HBs at LB and S at CB and CBs at S.  There were at least 4 different people at S in this one and the Corner changed a few times as well.  Then they would do that 3 man rush where Masoli would get all day and did well....then comfort shattered with 5-6 coming and then some 4 man fronts.  It is a lot for a QB to adjust to, and midway through the 2nd Q when the Riders started ramping that up more it seemed like Masoli was having a hard time reading things.  His accuracy / completion percentage took a sharp downturn as the game moved along.  It really when an impressively put together package by the Rider D.  Their O is not there...but the OL played reasonably well in this one.  Simply watching the changeups was fascinating.  

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

oskee7777

Really feel this thread is a complete over-reaction. 

How did Chris Jones out coach June Jones?  Completely disagree. 

I have been going to Ticats games for 40 years and can't remember a time when I've been more confident about our offence, our schemes and our overall team. 

They won with a very flukie tipped interception return and one long rushing TD by Thigpen. Other than that Hamilton totally dominated the game both on O and D. 

Masoli 333 yards;    Bridge 101 yards. 

Hamilton had the ball for 33 minutes. 

We simply didn't finish. We finish just one drive and we win. 

Mark this down we beat Chris Jones by a minimum of 2TDs in the rematch. 

As Mike Babcock preaches with the Leafs - "It's never as good as it seems after a win; and never as bad as it seems after a loss"

Folks June Jones has completely turned this franchise in the right direction. Don't panic.

of course

I have been going to Ticats games for 40 years and can't remember a time when I've been more confident about our offence, our schemes and our overall team.

They won with a very flukie tipped interception return and one long rushing TD by Thigpen. Other than that Hamilton totally dominated the game both on O and D.

As Mike Babcock preaches with the Leafs - "It's never as good as it seems after a win; and never as bad as it seems after a loss"

Folks June Jones has completely turned this franchise in the right direction. Don't panic.
Great comments.  Very accurate assessment.

CatsFaninOttawa

We got beat mostly on special teams. Our field was just longer than the Riders'.

That and a few lucky/unlucky plays by both teams. Their guy makes the circus catch, our guy doesn't. Our fumble pops up into a defender's hands, their fumble bounces straight to a teammate.

Dr.Whiskey

Def agree that it's not time to panic and I'm def with you on feeling more confident in the offence then I have been in years but i dont think it's so wrong saying we were outcoached. they shutdown our offence constantly held us out of the endzone and overall made Masoli uncomfortable with constant pressure.

The interviews last week were the most praise for another coach I've seen from June Jones like he knows Chris Jones has our offence figured out. He was constantly stressing that Saskatchewan was gonna blitz hard and often, he knew what was coming it wasn't Saskatchewan playing lights out with surprising flawless execution it was Chris Jones knowing how to beat June Jones offence and our weak points. Until June beats Chris in 2 weeks he should be considered outcoached

oskee7777

Hey DrWhiskey
   With all due respect, how can you say Chris Jones knew exactly what was coming when we had 420 yards of offence, 25 first downs and 33 minutes of possession?
   The stats say we dominated.  I watched the game and we did. It was first down after first down. Long drives. Again we simply didn't finish one drive. 
   To flip the situation, the Ticats actually knew what was coming from the Riders offence. They could not do anything on offence. 
   Anyway we all want the same thing- a win in 12 days. 

Users Online

71 Guests, 0 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (9)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)