Onemoredork

Chris flippin Jones.

Back to work everybody. Parade plans on hold. No excuses.

All those the stats were fun though. Werent they?  ;)

Onemoredork

Dear Chris Jones,

Thanks for showing us how to stop HAMs offense

Love, rest of CFL.

Dr.Whiskey

Dear Chris Jones,

Thanks for showing us how to stop HAMs offense

Love, rest of CFL.
Exactly, just blitz it heavy

blackandgld

Turning point of the game came early. We ran ragged over the Sask defense on the 1st series.
2nd and goal from the 2 and we passed the ball. Run it twice and it is 7-0.
And the sky is not falling and the team will beat Sask next game. Its the CFL where anyone has a chance to win a home game.

Grover

We came out running the ball with Whitlock in the 1st qtr and were very successful with that, 
then moved away from it, when we stopped running, thats when they started bringing some heat on Masoli.

Was Chris Jones defence good in this game, or did we make them look good by not scoring on our chances?

Did they deserve to win or did we deserve to lose? I say the latter.  :-\

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Crash

Turning point of the game came early. We ran ragged over the Sask defense on the 1st series.
2nd and goal from the 2 and we passed the ball. Run it twice and it is 7-0
It was 2nd and 2 from the 4.... Worse actually. Have to try to at least 3rd and 1. Wasn't a fan of that call but what can you do.

Onemoredork

2nd and goal from the 2 and we passed the ball. Run it twice and it is 7-0
SSK adjusted to run and shut it down. We kept running same offense.

heapbag

SSK adjusted to run and shut it down. We kept running same offense.
I can't agree more than this . That 2nd and 2 near the goal line pass bothered me.

Slomojo2005

Exactly, just blitz it heavy
Yeah so you allow their D to pressure the QB and have him scramble all over the place and you can win game!  A concept we saw with “ you know who” early last year when O -line was horrible.  But I though JJ’s run and shoot was supposed to overcome the QB pressures?????

safetyblitz

Was Chris Jones defence good in this game, or did we make them look good by not scoring on our chances?
Even though we squandered some chances, SK showed that making Masoli uncomfortable will hurt his accuracy. While there were a few catchable balls there were dropped, there were also a few times Masoli was lucky not to get intercepted throwing into coverage.

I think another important aspect was personnel in the SK front seven. Even when they didn't load the box, they won a lot of individual battles at the LOS. Charleston Hughes' play this game helped make the case that he's still worth paying a premium for.

safetyblitz

Yeah so you allow their D to pressure the QB and have him scramble all over the place and you can win game!  A concept we saw with “ you know who” early last year when O -line was horrible.  But I though JJ’s run and shoot was supposed to overcome the QB pressures?????
Incompletions are bad, but at least our QB isn't getting pounded into the dust every play. Last year's regime was permitted 8 straight losses to adapt and overcome their deficiencies.

ExPat

I may have missed it … but did John White get hurt or something?  I don't remember seeing him after the first drive.

NZFan

Oh, the humanity...'nuff said.  :-[

Krisiun

I think another important aspect was personnel in the SK front seven. Even when they didn't load the box, they won a lot of individual battles at the LOS. Charleston Hughes' play this game helped make the case that he's still worth paying a premium for.
Hughes should not have hurt us the way he did since he should be a Ti-Cat. We let him go for peanuts.

Crash

Hughes should not have hurt us the way he did since he should be a Ti-Cat. We let him go for peanuts.
Then we probably don't have Breaux.

Users Online

93 Guests, 14 Users (19 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Balticfox, rshmglsky, Cujo, vampiresquid, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Grover, OskeeweeneeVI, CrazyCanuck1988, prairiewolf77, alsfan86, KevinRiley2, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (12), Alexa

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)