blackandgld

Johnny Football is much younger than I thought. he turns 25 Wednesday. Just a pup still.

seymour

We're going to love you June.

Until the rest of the league figures out your offense.

Then we won't.

Then you'll be accused of running a country club.

Because youre nice.
Could be some shrewd foresight in the above. 

With all due respect to June Jones, almost any coach could have gotten more from this football team this year than Austin.

blackandgld

I agree but Jones took the last rated offence and made them #1. 
That is more than the previous coaching situation was so bad anyone could have improved it.

Mark

CFL News
(@CFL_News)

"There's no question in my mind that @JManziel2 can still play football. Up here in Canada in the #CFL, I think he'd be pretty special." - @CoachJuneJones #Ticats via @TSN1150
Hope we get news on this quickly. This will go a long way to help me determine whether or not I re-up on my season tickets and the deadline is two weeks away.

Grover

Marshall Ferguson
(@TSN_Marsh)

It's a three year deal for @CoachJuneJones. #Ticats #CFL

David William Naylor
(@TSNDaveNaylor)

Head coach June Jones on Ticat QB situation: “Obviously we can’t keep them both (Masoli and Collaros) ... we’ll make a decision in the next few weeks ... it’s a good problem to have

Conference call with June Jones(tons of stuff in here!)

http://www.marshallferguson.com/single-post/2017/12/04/What-we-learned-The-June-Jones-conference-call

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

blackandgld

Marshall Ferguson
(@TSN_Marsh)

It's a three year deal for @CoachJuneJones. #Ticats #CFL

David William Naylor
(@TSNDaveNaylor)

Head coach June Jones on Ticat QB situation: “Obviously we can’t keep them both (Masoli and Collaros) ... we’ll make a decision in the next few weeks ... it’s a good problem to have

Conference call with June Jones(tons of stuff in here!)

http://www.marshallferguson.com/single-post/2017/12/04/What-we-learned-The-June-Jones-conference-call
Great stuff Graver...Thanks for posting!

ExPat

David William Naylor
(@TSNDaveNaylor)

Such suspense.  I wonder which of them Jones prefers?  Almost no way to tell at this point.

ExPat

Under Jones, Hamilton’s offence posted the CFL’s most points for (295), net offence (4,071 yards), passing yards (3,081), rushing yards (1,149), offensive touchdowns (28), rushing touchdowns (13), first downs (226) and were second in points for per game (29.5), all while turning the ball over just a league-low 13 times.

Defensively, Hamilton ranked first in rushing yards allowed per game (73.4), quarterback sacks (33), forced fumbles (13) and pass knock downs (38), and were second in interceptions (12) and net offence allowed per game (335.5 yards) over its last 10 games.
I don't want to be the guy that craps on his team's successes, but upon seeing these numbers (which I admit I was a little surprised at), one thing stood out for me.

The offensive figures are all 10-game totals, while the defensive stats are "per-game" when a low number is good, and "total" where a high number is good.

The thing is, we may have been the only team with no bye week during that period.  In other words, we played 10 games while most others played 9 or even 8 (OTT?).  So naturally our offensive totals will be higher.  Our defensive yards against will also be higher, which is why they switched to per-game.  Still, being #2 in net offence allowed per game is a good thing.  And I get why a marketing department would position it this way.

schmenger

If we played 10 games that would mean there would have ten opponents. If Jones had stared the season at Head Coach the numbers would have been much different but I suspect much better than the 0 - 8 Austin mustered up.

stevehvh

David William Naylor
(@TSNDaveNaylor)

Such suspense.  I wonder which of them Jones prefers?  Almost no way to tell at this point.
LOL. Good one, ExPat.

Something tells me the Ticats aren't too likely to spend $250K or more to keep Zach around until training camp just in case JJ changes his mind.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

heapbag

David William Naylor
(@TSNDaveNaylor)

Such suspense.  I wonder which of them Jones prefers?  Almost no way to tell at this point.
haha

That dripped with so much sarcasm you could make gravy for the Christmas turkey out of it.   :)

Crash

David William Naylor
(@TSNDaveNaylor)

Rumor has it Jones is gonna bring Collaros in for a workout to see what he can do.

Mark

David William Naylor
(@TSNDaveNaylor)

Rumor has it Jones is gonna bring Collaros in for a workout to see what he can do.
OUCH

Onemoredork

No way Jones accepts a deal without a very good idea of who the qb will be and/or made it clear before he signed a contract who he wants.

So if Jones is your man then so is the qb whether you like it or not.

So if the wrong choice is made at QB there's no trying to pin it on anyone without Jones too.

Grover

No way Jones accepts a deal without a very good idea of who the qb will be and/or made it clear before he signed a contract who he wants.

So if Jones is your man then so is the qb whether you like it or not.

So if the wrong choice is made at QB there's no trying to pin it on anyone without Jones too.
Agreed, Jones doesn't sign the players, that is Tillman/Austins department.
Jones will tell them who he wants back, Masoli, Laurent, Tasker etc.

Users Online

98 Guests, 22 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, Sidney, Grover, Argofan_1000, 97valkyrie, 150GAGE, G Man, bobo82, ExPat, Rick16, oo DAWG oo, everyman, Onemoredork, Gerbear20, GOTC1, popo, mike2579, Corey.the.tiger, alphamale111, PatLynch, Yahoo!, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)