chosa84

Has anyone else looked at the CFL’s half time shows for all the teams first Home Thursday night game for each team. I like the idea but why does Hamilton always get shafted on stuff like this. Here is the full list for each team and notice we get some band I’ve never heard of called The Beaches. 

SCHEDULE: THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL CONCERT SERIES
Week
Date
Local Time
Game
Artist
June 14
7:30 p.m.
Edmonton at Winnipeg
The Reklaws
June 21
Saskatchewan at Ottawa
Elijah Woods x Jamie Fine
June 28
7:00 p.m.
Ottawa at Calgary
James Barker Band
July 5
Hamilton at Saskatchewan
Tim Hicks
July 19
Saskatchewan at Hamilton
The Beaches
July 26
Edmonton at Montreal
LOUD
August 2
Ottawa at Toronto
Kardinal Offishall
August 2
8:00 p.m.
Saskatchewan at Edmonton
Jazz Cartier
August 9
Edmonton at BC
Chad Brownlee

mrbean5411

To be fair, I haven’t heard of any of these groups.

Espo

Has anyone else looked at the CFL’s half time shows for all the teams first Home Thursday night game for each team. I like the idea but why does Hamilton always get shafted on stuff like this. Here is the full list for each team and notice we get some band I’ve never heard of called The Beaches.

SCHEDULE: THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL CONCERT SERIES
Week
Date
Local Time
Game
Artist

June 21
Saskatchewan at Ottawa
Elijah Woods x Jamie Fine

July 26
Edmonton at Montreal
LOUD

Jazz Cartier
At least I've heard one of their songs (played over and over again, but its pretty catchy)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RgiH8rfOY

who the hell are these other three?
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Lennywasout

From today’s Spec.

THE BEACHES
Juno breakthrough group of the year The Beaches headline the two-day Liquid Art Festival Saturday at 6 p.m. with Lost Cousins at the Collective Arts brewery, 207 Burlington St. E., Hamilton. Other acts include Charly Bliss and Janes Party (Friday, June 15); Mt. Joy, Twist (Saturday, June 16, afternoon). For tickets and details visit liquidartbrewfest.com.

Tipper

8)     X2

Mark

Guilty as charged. Me too.

However, if you aren't bringing in the likes of Deep Purple, the Mamas & the Papas, Jim Croce, or Miles Davis, I probably won't have heard of them anyway.

mycko75

It's funny that you say Hamilton got shafted because it was a band YOU hadn't heard of.  They were one of the few bands I was actually aware of.

But, as I heard someone else say (I think it was on Twitter)..

If you don't know these bands, you aren't part of the demographic they are going after.

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Palmer

Boy, never heard of the band playing at half-time?  Talk about "first world problems"! :D  And to tell the truth, I have not heard of any of the bands at any of the games.  Thank goodness for the Old Age Pension cheque.

catsteelers2002

They sound really good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcFQSqaAPXM

Slomojo2005

Guilty as charged. Me too.

However, if you aren't bringing in the likes of Deep Purple, the Mamas & the Papas, Jim Croce, or Miles Davis, I probably won't have heard of them anyway.

Maybe better off bringing in rhe Deep Purples or Mamas and Papas or April Wine or Doobie Brothers or 3 Dog Night.  

JerkFaceLoser

The Beaches are the only band on that entire list that I would want to see, so as far as I'm concerned the rest of the league is getting shafted.

They're also opening for the Foo Fighters at skydump a week before they play our halftime.
"Stop taking me for serious, K?"
-signed, teh InternetZ

safetyblitz

The Beaches are the only band on that entire list that I would want to see, so as far as I'm concerned the rest of the league is getting shafted.

They're also opening for the Foo Fighters at skydump a week before they play our halftime.
As long as they don't play any of that demon rock and roll music, I'm sure we'll be fine.

ExPat

I wonder how many of the previous posters have heard of the Foo Fighters?

FootbalYouBet

I wonder how many of the previous posters have heard of the Foo Fighters?
aren't those the guys that fight using footons as weapons?
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

tabbiefan72

Neither have I mrbean - but then I don't follow popular music much!  

I suspect that the league is trying to use groups that might be local - or at least from the nearby area of each team.  Matters not to me - sometimes the unknown is a pleasant surprise and it just happens that I'll be at that game on the 19th (not the 15th).  Looking forward to it.

Users Online

48 Guests, 2 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, ExPat, Google (AdSense), Google (3), Alexa

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)