blackandgld

Seems like his head is on straight at the moment. That is the only thing that holds Manziel back. The football talent is unquestionable.

Onemoredork

Seems like a public confessional just isnt good enough for some people. What did Manziel ever do to 3rddownnation to deserve such snark and cynicism.
Media loves their narratives.

cats99

Check this out.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/manziel-opens-up-about-past-mistakes-i-was-self-medicating-with-alcohol%7E1324373
Also says he was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about a year ago and takes medication now ,well there you go folks he has a mental health problem it takes lots of courage to come out and fight your demons publicly, got to hand it to the young lad hope he gets his life back in order would love to see him on a CFL football 🏈 field !
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

Lennywasout

If he really wants a second chance ,sign the more than fair contract offer and get on with it.  No more posturing. No more social media. No more TV interviews.  
Then I’ll accept he’s serious but until then....I don’t give a rats a$$ about his supposed professional abilities.  He has not proven anything. 

TravelPat1

Some more about Manziel's interview with ABC.
https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/johnny-manziel-alcohol-bipolar-disorder-nearly-ruined-me/

Diagnosed with bipolar disorder about a year ago, Manziel, who said he no longer drinks, is taking steps to make sure his mental health is in check and remains hopeful for an eventual comeback.

“I am taking medication for bipolar, and I am working to try to make sure I don’t fall back into any type of depression, because I know where that leads me and I know how slippery a slope that is for me,” said Manziel, who’s engaged to model Bre Tiesi. “At the end of the day, I can’t help that my wires are a little bit differently crossed than yours. I can’t help my mental makeup or the way that I was created.”

While a return to the NFL remains the ultimate goal, Manziel is aware he has to prove himself to 32 teams in league, assuring them his bounce back isn’t smoke and mirrors. He was recently in contract negotiations with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL.

“I am coming back from a huge downfall,” he said. “I don’t know what kind of comeback it will be, but I know I want to get back on a football field, to what brought me so much joy in my life.”

ExPat

“I am coming back from a huge downfall,” he said. “I don’t know what kind of comeback it will be, but I know I want to get back on a football field, to what brought me so much joy in my life.”
Or, to paraphrase and juxtapose with an earlier publicly-stated bargaining position:

"There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding my comeback based on my own past behaviour, but regardless of that, what I do know is that I deserve to become the highest paid player in the CFL before taking a single snap."

Grover

I will believe it when/if I see it, no sooner.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

woody

I'm down here in the US and I can tell you that every TV sports channel is talking about Manziel. Few are finding any fault with his approach to a return. Most say that someone in the NFL will give him another chance...no front end load and a contract with performance bonus.

There is little if any mention of his even talking with the Ticats or the CFL that i have seen on TV or in the newspapers...Just that he has been sober and working out. 

I'm afraid the Ticats are no longer in the running. That "artificial deadline" was set with a purpose. i don't think he wanted to play the mental disorder card now, but was forced into it because the Ticats low-balled him and would have tied him up for a year or two. 

I think he will sign back in the NFL for a low price and skip the year or two in the CFL. 

AND, by the way, I wish him well, whatever he does.
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

Palmer

Yep, 26, probably has had a ton of physicals and various other assessments and he is just now diagnosed?  Doubt that in a closely watched, extensively reported, and highly pampered athlete, no one would have noticed cyclical mood swings or episodes of withdrawl.  Maybe he is confusing bipolar disorders with just plain old acting like an arse?

woody

Yep, 26, probably has had a ton of physicals and various other assessments and he is just now diagnosed?  Doubt that in a closely watched, extensively reported, and highly pampered athlete, no one would have noticed cyclical mood swings or episodes of withdrawl.  Maybe he is confusing bipolar disorders with just plain old acting like an arse?
Anyone who ever has dealt with an alcoholic would understand. I think best, that the diagnosis of doctors would trump anything by us on this board. Again, I wish him well.

smogmonster

That is incredibly harsh...  I have known a friend who is bipolar for a very long time.  This condition can take years to get properly diagnosed.  The biggest step is being open to the fact that you have this condition and also accepting that it is out of your control.  Would you say the same thing to some one say who had tourette's syndrome?  As with anyone who has a mental condition I wish him well and hope that he can have the strength to deal with people who can't accept anyone who is different.  Mental disorders need support, not mockery.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

cats99

That is incredibly harsh...  I have known a friend who is bipolar for a very long time.  This condition can take years to get properly diagnosed.  The biggest step is being open to the fact that you have this condition and also accepting that it is out of your control.  Would you say the same thing to some one say who had tourette's syndrome?  As with anyone who has a mental condition I wish him well and hope that he can have the strength to deal with people who can't accept anyone who is different.  Mental disorders need support, not mockery.
Buddy it’s obvious now the Ticats new about this mental health issue and they are still after this QB ! So now you know why Austin is still in talks with Johnny’s agent and the Ticats are still trying to work out a deal as per an article today on 3rd down nation ! So Kudos to this young man for trying to get his life as an Athlete and person in order that takes more courage then most people have ! and doing it in a public arena takes BALLS 🏈 

ticat1

Maybe he is confusing bipolar disorders with just plain old acting like an arse?
Don't. 

Don't ever make light of any mental illness. 

It is this exact brush it off attitude that leads to suicides. 

150GAGE

Well said Ticats 1.  We have come a long way as a society in dealing with mental illness; Regardless of, if any of us want him on the team or not - we should not be unsympathetic to him or anyone with mental illness.

Users Online

80 Guests, 3 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lyle B. Style, Niagara Als, FootbalYouBet, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 110. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)