54.5%
6 (54.5%)
No
45.5%
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Apr 05 2018, 10:56 PM

Grover

Offer Bre a contract, Johnny can stay home!  ;)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

chiefdkm

Obviously Johnny wants to play in the NFL. It's one thing to think making $150k on an NFL Practice squad and selling himself and moving up the ladder in the NFL or another whick would be make $150k in CFL and playing meaningful football. Masoli is frontrunner at Hamilton but Johnny has more upside if they played him. In the end I would love to see him in the NFL, but he will probably go CFL if no NFL offers. He is doing the right things now, head on right, and working out. We will see him in the Spring League and see where that goes. 

of course

I still hope the Ticats trade Manziel's rights to the Als for the first overall pick in the CFL draft this April.

Manziel clearly only wants to come to the CFL as a last resort...as a stepping stone to the NFL.  His heart would not be in it, and we don't need those types of players on the Ticats.  

Lennywasout

Obviously Johnny wants to play in the NFL. It's one thing to think making $150k on an NFL Practice squad and selling himself and moving up the ladder in the NFL or another whick would be make $150k in CFL and playing meaningful football. Masoli is frontrunner at Hamilton but Johnny has more upside if they played him. In the end I would love to see him in the NFL, but he will probably go CFL if no NFL offers. He is doing the right things now, head on right, and working out. We will see him in the Spring League and see where that goes.
I think your delusional.  I see no upside to a dude who has not played in a couple of years and no knowledge at all of the CFL game. Let alone his MEDIA claims of his head on straight.

All hype...no substance.

Sorry to disagree on your first post....welcome to the boards😀👍

blackandgld

Johnny tied the knot with his long time GF. Really settling down...maybe

Aerial

"All hype no substance", couldn't agree more Lenny!
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

oo DAWG oo

Yet ...this thread never ends

Lennywasout

Would love to see it locked👍

bobo82

Johnny tied the knot with his long time GF. Really settling down...maybe
Well considering what he did to his last girl friend...I wouldn't bet the ranch on it .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

bobo82

Would love to see it locked👍
LMAO !!! Probably won't happen . I mean it's not like we're talking about Vince Young here . ::)

Grover

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Johnny Manziel threw today at the University of San Diego.
12 teams in attendance.
38 attempts.
2 misses.
Light rain.
Strong day say those in attendance.

blackandgld

Johnny must have really pissed of a bunch of folks in the NFL. Usually 1st round picks get multiple chances to succeed after failing. I expect him to be brought into an NFL camp. Why else would all the scouts have been in attendance if there wasn't any interest?

ExPat

Why else would all the scouts have been in attendance if there wasn't any interest?
From what I understand, the school was having its pro day and the NFL scouts attended to see that.  Some of the receivers asked Johnny to be their QB for the event, because they have been working out together, and he agreed. 

The scouts were not there for Johnny - although that doesn't mean they averted their gaze when he threw.

bobo82

Why else would all the scouts have been in attendance if there wasn't any interest?
From what I understand, the school was having its pro day and the NFL scouts attended to see that.  Some of the receivers asked Johnny to be their QB for the event, because they have been working out together, and he agreed.

The scouts were not there for Johnny - although that doesn't mean they averted their gaze when he threw.
Exactly 100% correct E-Pat . The whole article is a blatant example of Fake News . The scouts would've been there regardless of if Manziel was there or not . It's a totally false narrative to imply that these scouts were in attendance solely because God's gift to Football just happened to be there doing a few fellow players a favour by throwing them some passes . In reality anybody could've been there throwing passes to these prospects on that day . To put it bluntly the entire article is nothing more than sensationalist bullshit journalism at its finest .  

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/22/johnny-manziel-works-out-for-12-nfl-teams/

ExPat

Bobo:  While I wouldn't resort to Trumpian language, I agree that 3DN mischaracterized this event.  Usually I defend them, but it would be impossible to do in this situation.

Of course, the whole story is so inconsequential that it really doesn't matter that much.  Hopefully they put more effort into stories that actually affect anything.

Users Online

86 Guests, 13 Users (10 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hamilton2005, schmenger, pdson2, Mightygoose, Rick16, ExPat, Oskie18, Cool, Grover, J_15, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)