No
45.5%
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Apr 05 2018, 10:56 PM

Grover

Latest from Johnny

Johnny Manziel: Ticats needed to offer a “fair deal”

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/28/johnny-manziel-on-ticats-contract-offer-us-a-fair-deal-or-we-have-other-stuff-that-well-do/

I liked this comment at the bottom

"Thats like me telling the Leafs to sign me to an NHL contract or I’m going to go pay to be in a beer league.
And then telling the media that I used the beer league as leverage."

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Riggins

For a guy with deep pockets like Manziel paying $350 isn't much different from 'only' making $150,000, although technically it is the difference between amateur and professional options.

But if he plays lights out in the spring league does it show that he can learn a system and execute against a well prepared defense?  The CFL would give him that opportunity.

ottawacat

When going with the "leverage," he and his agent chose to use, fails to get him an NFL offer, I hope the TiCats' less than "fair offer," becomes even less and they learn a lesson on leverage.

ottawacat

Now, at last, something comes out of his mouth that makes sense:

.@JManziel2 willing to take ZERO guaranteed dollars, minimum #NFL salary and even be willing to spend time on a team's practice squad to prove himself in the NFL again   #CFL #Ticats via @MikeGarafolo

Lennywasout

Now, at last, something comes out of his mouth that makes sense:

.@JManziel2 willing to take ZERO guaranteed dollars, minimum #NFL salary and even be willing to spend time on a team's practice squad to prove himself in the NFL again   #CFL #Ticats via @MikeGarafolo
So now he’s trying to buy his way in.  Why would any team take a chance on this guy at any price? He’d just take up valuable practice time from someone else.

stevehvh

Sure looks like he has no real interest in the CFL at all, if indeed he ever did. If he came here, he'd pretty much be a rental, looking for maximum exposure for the minimum time possible so he could jump ship to the NFL asap. I don't think it's in the interest of the Ticats or the CFL to play into his agenda. He just wants a temporary stage to grandstand. He'd only be a distraction while here. That's not good for the team.  

I don't care how many facebook hits he gets or T-shirts he can sell in a short period. That's of fleeting benefit at best.

I'd much rather work with quarterbacks, or any players for that matter, who  actually want to be  here and who might be able to contribute to the team's development.

Let him go to Texas, and good luck to him in his ambitions. I'm more concerned with the Ticats', and the CFL's.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Slomojo2005

For a guy with deep pockets like Manziel paying $350 isn't much different from 'only' making $150,000, although technically it is the difference between amateur and professional options.

But if he plays lights out in the spring league does it show that he can learn a system and execute against a well prepared defense?  The CFL would give him that opportunity.
But the question about how much the Cats can/will pay him remains, even if he again surfaces in June.  We cant pay him 1/2$Mill !!!!  

hendy77

Can't wait for this deal to get done.

The CFL needs this guy. The exposure he will bring to the league and the team will be off the charts.
Legs Feed the Wolf!

ExPat

The CFL needs this guy. The exposure he will bring to the league and the team will be off the charts.
According to the new forum guidelines, you’re not supposed to use sarcasm.  

Palmer

According to the new forum guidelines, you’re not supposed to use sarcasm.  
Good one ;D

Grover

Johnny Manziel‏Verified account 
@JManziel2
I’ll play again for FREE. It’s not about the money it’s about getting back to doing what I miss and love.
1:09 PM - 28 Feb 2018

The very fact that Manziel is not already signed to a CFL contract shows that for him it’s not about doing “whatever it takes”, he still feels entitled

Hank01

Johnny Manziel‏Verified account
@JManziel2

I’ll play again for FREE. It’s not about the money it’s about getting back to doing what I miss and love.
1:09 PM - 28 Feb 2018

The very fact that Manziel is not already signed to a CFL contract shows that for him it’s not about doing “whatever it takes”, he still feels entitled
  Definitely after he gets his bell rung a few times he might want to revisit the free 
declaration . 

I agree if that was the case he would be signed and working out with some Cat receivers or Alouettes receivers getting ready for June camp . I am sure they would have fed him the meat of what play calling he would need to prepared for and he would want to adapt to getting on the larger field  and perform with a less learning curve  .

The D league maybe good for him . He might be that outta synch game competition wise and needs some solid reps while under pressure to get that natural instinct of reading the field and executing the play within seconds .

blackandgld

My favorite JM quote so far I think is this one.
"I’ve been working my ass off six days a week for four hours a day,” Manziel said.

So 24 hour work week is considered working your ass off eh? 
Welcome to Steel Town where 48 hour work weeks are the norm not the exception.

mr62cats

Hendy:  What exposure?  I don't think the fans or the media are stupid enough to be dazzled by this clown.
Manziel's past will continue to haunt him. Plus he is still in love with the NFL so why should any one care about him. The CFL deserves better.

letsgoticats

Hendy:  What exposure?  I don't think the fans or the media are stupid enough to be dazzled by this clown.
Manziel's past will continue to haunt him. Plus he is still in love with the NFL so why should any one care about him. The CFL deserves better.
The fans and media are already dazzled by him. There's been countless stories and 1000's of posts about him on here.

Users Online

95 Guests, 6 Users (21 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Beam reach, pdson2, Lennywasout, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (17)

Most Online Today: 124. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)