54.5%
6 (54.5%)
No
45.5%
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Apr 05 2018, 10:56 PM

pikk

It is not a league, it is a store front for players. Players that never even made it to the NFL let alone the CFL.

oo DAWG oo

It's a place to train and practice in a competitive environment.
It's good for players and should be used more..
In fact instead of trying to get "alternative" leagues started they should just go ahead and start what is actually needed a farm team system it would help boost the talent in the pro leagues and a place for those "not quite ready" .

It might keep talent away from the CFL tho... 

safetyblitz

While I don't wish ill on Manziel, I don't want the Manziel media circus to land in Hamilton. Frankly, I'll be happiest if he makes such a big impression in the spring league that someone in the NFL makes him an offer. Even if he arrives here, the best case scenario would be we get maximum one good full year out of him, because no matter what his physical attributes are, the CFL is a different mental game for QBs than the NFL, and it will take time for him to catch up.

If he eventually performs well enough for us to want to keep him, and has no crazy off-field stupidity, he'll be certain to have opportunities down south when his contract is up, since his blackballing in the NFL was primarily about off-field antics. So we'll have paid at least the better part of one season to acclimate him to the CFL at the expense of another project QB, and in the *best case* maybe get the fruits of that development for *one* season.

Hank01

It's a place to train and practice in a competitive environment.
It's good for players and should be used more..
In fact instead of trying to get "alternative" leagues started they should just go ahead and start what is actually needed a farm team system it would help boost the talent in the pro leagues and a place for those "not quite ready" .

It might keep talent away from the CFL tho...
  Insurance costs will the NFL pay ? Who pays if you happen to get psycho across the line lined up against you if your playing contact for real .

Wilder JR and Butler said it themselves they don't want to risk injury playing for real money here let alone nothing there .

Not much different than a try out camp only on a bigger scale in full gear .

They have practice rosters already . That is your NFL farm development team .

The CFL actually came out with two players last year and benefitted more from this spring warm up ; than the NFL.

One interesting note they had 60,000 Facebook viewers for one of the games last year . That's a lot of eye balls for practice football by never beens .

In the end they are taking advantage of desperation just like the many tryout camps staged across the US .

Noel Devine who played for the Montreal Alouettes and Edmonton Eskimos last time in 2014 was one of the players at this 2017 Spring league .

NZFan

We're on to other matters.  :)

my home team

"Insurance costs will the NFL pay ? Who pays if you happen to get psycho across the line lined up against you if your playing contact for real ."

I've heard of this sort of thing occurring during league training camps when you have a border line player who wants to be noticed or make a rep for himself...he will take a shot at one of your star players....

Since you pay for the privilege of being there, I somehow doubt they cover your insurance costs as with the number of participants, it would prove to be quite expensive for them....

stevehvh

We're on to other matters.  :)
Don't we wish?
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Grover

CFL News‏ 
@CFL_News
 29m29 minutes ago
"To be honest, I'm getting sick of this guy (Johnny Manziel) unless he actually comes here. The Ticats have a bunch of QB's on their roster. They do not need him this season." - @JDunk12 #CFL #Ticats via @620ckrm

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Lennywasout

CFL News
@CFL_News

29m29 minutes ago
"To be honest, I'm getting sick of this guy (Johnny Manziel) unless he actually comes here. The Ticats have a bunch of QB's on their roster. They do not need him this season." - @JDunk12 #CFL #Ticats via @620ckrm
Amen👍

TravelPat1

I sort of have to laugh at the 'I'm getting sick of this guy' comment. 

After all how many public comments related to Manziel possibly coming to the Cats actually came from Manziel himself or his agent. One public statement by his agent with the 'deadline' and a couple of references to the Cats or the CFL in Manziel's social media posts - and everything else was coming from the media and fans usually reporting on or reacting to comments about Manziel that were made by Austin, Jones and Tillman. 

The more accurate comment would be something like 'I'm sick of the Cats, the media and the fans talking about this guy'. 

HfxTC

I sort of have to laugh at the 'I'm getting sick of this guy' comment.

After all how many public comments related to Manziel possibly coming to the Cats actually came from Manziel himself or his agent. One public statement by his agent with the 'deadline' and a couple of references to the Cats or the CFL in Manziel's social media posts - and everything else was coming from the media and fans usually reporting on or reacting to comments about Manziel that were made by Austin, Jones and Tillman.

The more accurate comment would be something like 'I'm sick of the Cats, the media and the fans talking about this guy'.
He's just another guy. Welcome to new media :)
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

bobo82

I'm sure that with his over inflated ego he figures that after showing what he can do playing with a bunch of 3rd rate weekend warriors that his phone will be ringing off the hook with offers from damn near every team in the NFL ....so ya , good luck with that Superstar .  ;D
He hasn't proven anything where it matters, the NFL.
Correction: No QB has proven anything in recent memory playing for the Browns.  
So are you saying in other words that poor Johnny was a victim of circumstances ? That if he was drafted by any other team BUT the Browns that he would've and I quote Johnny himself here "Wreck this league" meaning that in his mind he would be a dominant force in the NFL and the next greatest thing since sliced bread ? 

Honest questions here to all the little Johnny fanboys out there.....If he would've been drafted by any other club BUT Cleveland would it have changed any of his actions that ultimately got him turfed out of the NFL ? If he would've been drafted by any other team BUT Cleveland would he still be in the NFL today ? If he would've been drafted by any other team BUT Cleveland would he now be a starting QB in the NFL after just completing what would've been his 4th year in the league instead of being unemployed and out of football the last two years ?

I'm sorry to tell you BUT even though these questions are purely hypothetical if you answered Yes to any of them then you are only fooling and deluding yourself in defending and making up excuses and heaping praise on this guy who in reality hasn't done sweet F - all to warrant or prove himself as anything  but a highly narcissistic individual whose only claim to fame as of recently is being the Johnny Kardashian of Football .  Yup strictly being famous for being famous for doing absolutely NOTHING since he turned pro !!!
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

bobo82

CFL News
@CFL_News

29m29 minutes ago
Now this made me laugh . Dunk who is a major contributor on 3DN can't be serious with this tweet can he ? One of the worst if not the worst sites for publishing "All things Johnny" stories is 3DN which has lately become the TMZ of the CFL . I mean let's face it here there isn't a day go by that you can't click on 3DN and not see yet another article or six about what's the latest going on with Johnny .

I mean in all seriousness here Dunk should be one of the last people in the world to utter that he is personally getting sick of this guy (Johnny Manziel) when every other article on 3DN is all basically nothing more than click bait about....you guessed it , the guy that he is supposedly getting sick of hearing about .

Pot meet Kettle . ::)  :o

tabbyfan

Why are we still posting about this guy.  He’s now signed a contract and I don’t believe we ca sign him if he’s got a contract with a different league.
Good riddance.

Let’s all now stop all conversation about this particular has been.

I was going to say the same thing.  He has never been a serious consideration for the CFL, and the more this circus goes on the more I am glad he isn't wearing TC colours.

bobo82

"Some are saying that it might be the greatest dump of all time". I thought someone was quoting Trump on his assessment of his score on the Fecal Scale . The Russian judge gave him a 10. ;)

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
Shhhhh , Pat . You're going to get yourself into trouble . Remember the forum rules...no political talk .  ;D  :-X  8)

Users Online

91 Guests, 6 Users (21 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Beam reach, pdson2, Lennywasout, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (17)

Most Online Today: 124. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)