Crash

Catfish, It'seems kind obvious... Arblows, Allwets and Redcracks all have starting get players that Austin discarded.
Yeah and theyre the 6th 7th and 8th best teams in the league.

schmenger

Your absolutely correct, but at least these teams have actually won a game and provided some exciting football to watch. I can not say that about the Tiger Cats. Austin is going to focus on player talent and player evaluation. I don't have any confidence in his ability to find solid talent.
An interestintgoing fact from the Marsh and Tatti show this afternoon regarding free agency. The Tiger Cats under Austin signed 9 free agents. Toronto without a GM or Head Coach signed 19 players. Every other team signed double the amount of free agents this past off season. This is nothing more than a small bandage over a gaping wound.   

my home team

My point the Tiger Cats Sucks under Austin's direction.
And this happens THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE LEAGUE....check any roster and you will find players that other teams released...

The practice is not just in Hamilton....some players that this team let go, have been through other GM's look sees afterward...and then sent on by them too....

Grover

Your absolutely correct, but at least these teams have actually won a game and provided some exciting football to watch. I can not say that about the Tiger Cats. Austin is going to focus on player talent and player evaluation. I don't have any confidence in his ability to find solid talent.
An interestintgoing fact from the Marsh and Tatti show this afternoon regarding free agency. The Tiger Cats under Austin signed 9 free agents. Toronto without a GM or Head Coach signed 19 players. Every other team signed double the amount of free agents this past off season. This is nothing more than a small bandage over a gaping wound.  

The Arblows and then Popp, took over a team that had a ton of Cap space,
Remember when Barker dumped Gurley, Elliott, Hazelton and other high priced vets at this time last year.
Then Popp dropped NAT OL Josh Bourke and dumped Willy's horrible contract almost immediately after taking over this year.

Once Tillman signed Kanneh and re-signed Davis we were capped out

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

my home team

The Arblows and then Popp, took over a team that had a ton of Cap space,
Remember when Barker dumped Gurley, Elliott, Hazelton and other high priced vets at this time last year.
Then Popp dropped NAT OL Josh Bourke and dumped Willy's horrible contract almost immediately after taking over this year.

Once Tillman signed Kanneh and re-signed Davis we were capped out
For what it's worth...this past off season the free agent signings went like this...

B C   5
Edmonton  5
Calgary   3
Saskatchewan 7
Winnipeg 4

Toronto 8
Ottawa  6
Montreal  4
Hamilton  1

schmenger

I guess Marsh was making up the free agent numbers. In any event, there has not been a steady stream of talent heading to Hamilton. It's the other way, talent is leaving and finding good success with their new  teams.

ExPat

I guess Marsh was making up the free agent numbers. In any event, there has not been a steady stream of talent heading to Hamilton. It's the other way, talent is leaving and finding good success with their new  teams.
We need to talk about this more.  There are still some open threads where the discussion has not yet become focused on this issue.

Palmer

Who's Marsh?

Grover

Talent leaving is directly proportional to the $245K raise to Collaros taking him from $275K last year to $520K this year.  :o

my home team

No one is suggesting that.
He may be looking at a total since Kent Austin arrived.
As I indicated previously, I am providing numbers over THIS PAST OFF SEASON.
This league DOES have a salary cap.

Defense_Rules

Cash dump before Labour Day. I believe there is something guaranteed if the player is on the rooster after the ninth game me. Correct me if I am wrong. Banks is next up!
Yes, if a player is on the rooster after the ninth game, it's guaranteed that you have one sick, sick puppy on your hands.  :)
Let's hope so.  Banks only asset was his ability to run fast.  Beyond that he has absolutely zero football talent.

Grover

John Chick with a chance at his first team win of the season and he is scratched??  :(

Dave Campbell
@Dave_CHED
20m20 minutes ago
#Eskimos scratches: REC Bryant Mitchell and DE John Chick

Crash

John Chick with a chance at his first win of the season and he is scratched??  :(

Dave Campbell
@Dave_CHED

20m20 minutes ago
When a player loses that many games in a row you can't keep going back to him, there comes a time when you cant be patient anymore and move on.

John has clearly lost his confidence after the 13 (I believe) losses in a row. Time to go to somebody else because the team has clearly lost faith in his ability.

Sarcasm aside... this one must be tough for Cats fans, so many people blamed Austin and co for throwing in the towel and not getting more for Chick, now we're winning and the Esks are losing... John getting scratched today might just mean the front office had a clue. Tough for some to swallow but true nonetheless.

my home team

John Chick with a chance at his first win of the season and he is scratched??  :(

Dave Campbell
@Dave_CHED

20m20 minutes ago
When a player loses that many games in a row you can't keep going back to him, there comes a time when you cant be patient anymore and move on.

John has clearly lost his confidence after the 13 (I believe) losses in a row. Time to go to somebody else because the team has clearly lost faith in his ability.

Sarcasm aside... this one must be tough for Cats fans, so many people blamed Austin and co for throwing in the towel and not getting more for Chick, now we're winning and the Esks are losing... John getting scratched today might just mean the front office had a clue. Tough for some to swallow but true nonetheless.
It always makes me shake my head when I read all the second guessing.

The coaches and management have game films, practices, conversations on the sidelines, observations up close during the games, educated and talented minds and eyes, and let's not forget the actual game plan at their disposal when they make these most important decisions.

We, on the other hand, have only a TV or our view from a distance.

Yet, they are always making mistakes and we know all.

blackandgld

Dave Campbell
@Dave_CHED

20m20 minutes ago

I for one still believe Cats were waving the towel when they traded CHick as well as doing him a favor. Cats management thought enough of him to sign him to a big 2 year extension before the season. 

Users Online

115 Guests, 14 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Palmer, KevinRiley2, vjcos, idealsheldon, nopa, bobo82, The Last Word, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, bowl450, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)