CatsFaninOttawa

I read that our GM Tillman was called by the ESKS GM inquiring on Chick since their defensive end Howard got injured . He was called a few weeks ago and Tillman went to Austin and Austin said not yet. I guess he was waiting to see how we do against Ottawa . Well the Edmonton Gm called again after the Ottawa game and Austin approved the deal . Apparently , they think that Cappicotti and first round mcgough have shown enough to make Chick expendable. I think was yet another bonehead move by Austin and Tillman. The team sucks so they trade the only players are good ? It doesn't make sense to me as a good Defensive End is so hard to find.  They should be getting rid of Collaros ( 1.5 million over 3 years salary ) , Banks, Laurent ( 275 K salary ) , and Gable . I think we can't even call Gable a running back but instead a blocking back or 6th olineman .
the only problem with this argument is that no GMs were knocking at the door looking for Collaros, Banks, Laurent, or Gable. One, however, was looking for Chick, and willing to give up a second round draft choice to get him. What we do with that spot, who knows? We could always use it as trade bait later.

my home team

I read that our GM Tillman was called by the ESKS GM inquiring on Chick since their defensive end Howard got injured . He was called a few weeks ago and Tillman went to Austin and Austin said not yet. I guess he was waiting to see how we do against Ottawa . Well the Edmonton Gm called again after the Ottawa game and Austin approved the deal . Apparently , they think that Cappicotti and first round mcgough have shown enough to make Chick expendable. I think was yet another bonehead move by Austin and Tillman. The team sucks so they trade the only players are good ? It doesn't make sense to me as a good Defensive End is so hard to find.  They should be getting rid of Collaros ( 1.5 million over 3 years salary ) , Banks, Laurent ( 275 K salary ) , and Gable . I think we can't even call Gable a running back but instead a blocking back or 6th olineman .
the only problem with this argument is that no GMs were knocking at the door looking for Collaros, Banks, Laurent, or Gable. One, however, was looking for Chick, and willing to give up a second round draft choice to get him. What we do with that spot, who knows? We could always use it as trade bait later.
And how do we know that those trade discussion didn't take place...we're ONLY aware of what the team CHOOSES to tell us....

CatsFaninOttawa

They should be getting rid of Collaros ( 1.5 million over 3 years salary ) , Banks, Laurent ( 275 K salary ) , and Gable .
The only problem with this argument is that no GMs were knocking at the door looking for Collaros, Banks, Laurent, or Gable. One, however, was looking for Chick, and willing to give up a second round draft choice to get him. What we do with that spot, who knows? We could always use it as trade bait later.
And how do we know that those trade discussion didn't take place...we're ONLY aware of what the team CHOOSES to tell us....
Good point. It's possible that some other teams have called, interested in these other players. I just can't think of any teams that currently need any of them. Maybe Montreal?

schmenger

Not for the current salary they are being paid. 

CatsFaninOttawa

Not for the current salary they are being paid.
True.

Grover

Chick is starting for the Esks tomorrow,
Pitter patter, lets get at'ter

And talk about injured lists, Of the 21 players listed here, 18 were starters

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

my home team

"And how do we know that those trade discussion didn't take place...we're ONLY aware of what the team CHOOSES to tell us...."

"Good point. It's possible that some other teams have called, interested in these other players. I just can't think of any teams that currently need any of them. Maybe Montreal?"

And there were those who thought John Chick wasn't getting it done here when he was traded. Yet, Edmonton is convinced that he is just fine.

We have our opinion. Around the rest of the league, there could be an entirely different perception.

catfish

Most teams think Ham is out to lunch when it come to judging players. Other teams what to look at most anybody Ham has now or has rejected. :( :-[

my home team

Most teams think Ham is out to lunch when it come to judging players. Other teams what to look at most anybody Ham has now or has rejected. :( :-[
And have you spoken to those teams??
How do you know??

catfish

And have you spoken to those teams??
How do you know??
Just my opinion like so many others on here, I could be wrong.

schmenger

Catfish, It'seems kind obvious... Arblows, Allwets and Redcracks all have starting get players that Austin discarded. 

my home team

Catfish, It'seems kind obvious... Arblows, Allwets and Redcracks all have starting get players that Austin discarded.
And they also have players that other teams released....so what's your point??

schmenger

My point the Tiger Cats Sucks under Austin's direction.

schmenger

Looks like some of this problem has been resolved when Kent stepped down and June Jones has become the new Head Coach. Now the important part you can have whatever set of plays plans etc. The talent needs to get better in a hurray. Keep Austin away from scouting and evaluating players.   

mycko75

Looks like some of this problem has been resolved when Kent stepped down and June Jones has become the new Head Coach. Now the important part you can have whatever set of plays plans etc. The talent needs to get better in a hurray. Keep Austin away from scouting and evaluating players.  
Maybe now that he isn't doing too much, and being focused on scouting and evaluating, it will be better?  Or he will be exposed as inept at it?  At this point, we don't know anything about what the next little bit holds.
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Users Online

113 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, TCHABS, RedandWhite, RBFan2014, dcmoses, Mark, Oskie18, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, sully, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)