Crash

I guess the question is will the approach change? 
Will Bob agree to pay any luxury tax imaginable to win a Grey Cup? 
Will Kent look in the mirror and hire some assistants with some experience? 
Will Kent move upstairs and have the humility to call Tommy Condell?
One thing is for sure. Something will change. It just may not be Austin. 

vjcos

I guess It's official The Cats are throwing in the towel.
Sad. What's been done to this team.
It's not throwing in the towel it's getting rid of the underperforming players.
It's exactly what the fans wanted,  and what is needed,  a rebuild.
Chick has bounced around the CFL since his best years with the Riders.
More veterans will be given the axe in the next couple of weeks to make way for NFL cuts
I must have missed the part where Chick "Bounced Around the CFL " Where was I.

TommyBoy1

As much as the Cats are criticized for lack of ability to find new talent, the problem this year has been mostly with the veterans, not the new guys.

Failing grades go to:

-Chick
-Collaros
-Banks
-Lawrence
-Tracy
-Gable
-Dean
-Filer

Even Tasker for most of the season....

The new guys -- Saunders, Leonard, Castillo, Coleman.....and Hill....have been bright spots.

Slomojo2005

So sad.  Loved Chicks.  Hate to see him go but if it works for him, good luck John.  Thatz all we need now is another DE gunning for Collaros. Oh well!

DisplacedCatsFan

As much as the Cats are criticized for lack of ability to find new talent, the problem this year has been mostly with the veterans, not the new guys.

Failing grades go to:

-Chick
-Collaros
-Banks
-Lawrence
-Tracy
-Gable
-Dean
-Filer

Even Tasker for most of the season....

The new guys -- Saunders, Leonard, Castillo, Coleman.....and Hill....have been bright spots.
-Chick - traded
-Collaros - not much chance behind this O-line
-Banks - poor blocking schemes on returns, but not a great receiver
-Lawrence - playing essentially on one leg
-Tracy - hard to play well when being benched due to ratio issues
-Gable - crappy O-line = few holes to run through, receiving needs work
-Dean - he's in on almost every tackle
-Filer - part of a bad O-line, but he's a good centre
-Tasker - double-teamed every play, hard to make receptions when the QB can't make a pass behind a bad O-line...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

TommyBoy1

I count 9 excuses there.

I'd add Stephen to the list of failing grades.....as well as the coach...

Eagle

Ottawa Cat, If Kent Austin's favourite thing is to evaluate new players or just players in general, the team is doomed. Kent Austin is the reason why this team is in the present state. Absolutely little if no talent compared to the other teams.  And guess who that's on.....wait for it, Kent who doesn't know football as much as he "thinks" he does.
I think Kent Austin is fixated about how football should be played.
Like - never replace a starting QB, unless he is injured, no matter how bad he plays, or
         how many games he has lost. 
       - no matter that your are 0-8, stick with the plan, and don't have a running game.
       - trade for players that have matching names. For example, we currently have Jr. Collins at
         wideout, and trade for someone called Collins Jr. at wideout.

Is it just me that thinks like this??? 
The Eagle   8) 8) 8)   

Gerbear20

I can't watch this train wreck anymore ..they always get rid of the wrong guys...Chick will be a beast in edmonton with Willis on the other side yikes lucky we have played them twice already .

whoever made the decision to trade Chick who is a hard working experience strong rush end that is very hard to find in the cfl for the ticats ..and now we are left with no solid rush end again 
this guy was fan favorite and a personal favorite ..i feel terrible ....i hope they don;t get rid of simoni next.......thye should have got a young national olineman or receiver in return plus a 2knd rounder...

Whoever made this decision needs to be the next one to go .....as they get rid of the wrong players 
like chick and will hill.

Now that they did this they better get rid of Collaros, Gable , Laurent and Banks who are all overpayed and underachieving .

This is a terrible day to be a ticat fan when they give a star and workhouse and fan favorite away for 2knd round pick. 

TheBreeze

They are obviously dumping salary to either stay below the cap, or get some cap room to bring in other players in spots where we have a greater need.

I do not like to see Chick go, but what we lose with this trade is only the difference between Chick and Tracy, which is not much.

Expect to see more of these trades before labour day.

ArgoT

He was a non factor this year, almost invisible in many games.
Best before date has unfortunately passed him.

15_championships

He was a non factor this year, almost invisible in many games.
Best before date has unfortunately passed him.
Or the coaching staff is just pathetically trash, one of the 2

KevinRiley2

Before people start screaming that we could have got more for him.... this is what a rebuild looks like. You aren't getting a 1st rounder or a starting player from better teams.
That's fair but I'm still disappointed.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Welder

The salary dumping has begun...Hopefully,this year is the low end of the of the valley and we will start the upswing next year....

On the positive sides now know who will be my gimme picks on proline this fall for football...That being whoever is playing the Cats... :D
"I did not mean that conservatives were generally stupid; I meant that stupid persons are generally conservative."  John Stuart Mill

ottawacat

The Eskimos' GM says he'd been talking with his old buddy Tillman, regarding making a trade, for about three weeks:

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/ottawa-sun/20170821/282080571954641

Interesting that he considers a good pass rusher as second only to the QB in importance to his team.

ottawacat

First of all, It could have been the Esks GM Brock Sutherland that initiated these trade talks, knowing Hamilton's position and the state of injury to the Esks DLine, it is a strong possibility.
Austin, Tillman and Chick go back to 2007 in SSK, I am sure they talked to Chick before this trade went down and got some input from him.
Congrats to you Grover for seeing the true picture which many, or most, of us didn't.
http://3downnation.com/2017/08/21/qa-ticats-gm-eric-tillman-trading-john-chick/

Spelling note:  Brock's name is Sunderland.

Users Online

107 Guests, 15 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark, RedandWhite, dcmoses, Oskie18, Mightygoose, TCHABS, KevinRiley2, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)