Katmandu

I like Jerry Glanville.  I like his frankness.  He doesn't hold much back.  He'll tell you what time it is.  I wonder if he's mellowed a little or if he still plays refs like a fiddle.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5sIzGXJ8mw
Oskee Wa Wa!  Go Cats!

hendy77

I noticed the misspelled name (which is rare for me) but don’t understand the “Not For Long” reference.  A comment on his age or on his coaching?
Watch the video link.
Legs Feed the Wolf!

Grover

After 4 games, Glanvilles Defence is ranked 2nd in the League,  
not bad for a 1st year rookie CFL Defensive Coordinator!  ;)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

PatLynch

Watch the video link.

I think Glanville was the Head coach of the Falcons when the NFL Films crew caught an exchange between Glanville and a sideline official . Jerry disagreed with the zebra's call and suggested the official's job security would be NFL (not for long)   if he continued making bad calls.

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Katmandu

I just noticed that the title of my thread was changed to Jerry Glanville - and refs: "NFL stands for 'Not For Long'" from Jerry Glanville - Not For Long.  Is this a regular practise here where the mods change the original title of a thread?

Grover

This guy has TiCats Defense written all over him!  8)
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis is in the building!

Katmandu

Good pic, Grover.  He looks like the angel of death in that black mink!   Except we need to shop that red thingy around his hat and change it's colour to yellow!  

Crash

After 4 games, Glanvilles Defence is ranked 2nd in the League,  
not bad for a 1st year rookie CFL Defensive Coordinator!  ;)
http://3downnation.com/2018/03/03/henry-burris-says-stuff-hit-fan-hamilton/

Oskie18

Great find on that picture Grover. It brings to mind when Paul Weiler, the previous Pigskin Pete, wore a fur coat.
Formerly Oskie09 and jlshooter

Tipper

8)  Shucks.....I remember the original Pigskin Pete,  Vince Wirtz, who was eventually replaced by his 
     son, Bill Wirtz !!   :D

They were the best Pigskin Petes by far, followed next by Paul Weiler    :)

Oskie18

8)  Shucks.....I remember the original Pigskin Pete,  Vince Wirtz, who was eventually replaced by his
     son, Bill Wirtz !!   :D

They were the best Pigskin Petes by far, followed next by Paul Weiler    :)

I was pretty young when Bill was Pigskin Pete and although I was around when Vince was, I was not to far out of diapers when he handed the reigns over.

Users Online

93 Guests, 14 Users (18 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
of course, prairiewolf77, mike619, Kooblahdee, rshmglsky, Katmandu, 97valkyrie, KevinRiley2, cividan, MadJack, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (14)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)