pikk

I want JJ back. Let Collaros try out for a spot or trade him. Some times change is better for both parties. If Collaros goes somewhere else and does well, I wont be pissed.

catfish

Bring Coach Jones back with at least a two year contract, hang onto Zach weather we like it or not we are one hit away from desperately needing Zach in there. I hope the team management handles  this situation very carefully and not give another team a star player that we regret for years. ;) 

blackandgld

Bring Coach Jones back with at least a two year contract, hang onto Zach weather we like it or not we are one hit away from desperately needing Zach in there. I hope the team management handles  this situation very carefully and not give another team a star player that we regret for years. ;)
Realistically Masoli will be looking in the $300-$400,000 range. Add in Collaros at $540,000 and you would have a salary cap problem that won't go away. Zero chance of this happening. 

-Hammer-

I'm of the opinion if Jones wants to come back for a normal CFL salary, then great. If he wants far above the league average, or expresses a desire to head back to the NCAA then don't pursue him and let him go. He certainly deserves rope to work with.

blackandgld

At this point Jones is not about the $$$.
I saw a video from a few years back where he said he would coach for free. Now I wouldn't expect that but i also wouldn't expect an unusual demand. If they got him signed to be an assistant I am sure he would appreciate the raise that comes with being HC.

Hank01

Whatever the going rate is I am sure that's what it will take to keep him. He seems comfortable and is still enjoying the ride . A full season with everybody signed and a few new assistants will make it an interesting season and most of all hope in Hamilton  . 

Not sure you can justify not signing him for a reasonable price .

Crash

Why does anyone on this forum care what Kent Austin, Eric Tillman, Scott Mitchell, or June Jones make as a salary? You want to argue players salaries against the Cap that's natural for sports fans. If Bob Young wants to pay June 1 million dollars I could care less as long as he turns this thing around.

Lennywasout

Why does anyone on this forum care what Kent Austin, Eric Tillman, Scott Mitchell, or June Jones make as a salary? You want to argue players salaries against the Cap that's natural for sports fans. If Bob Young wants to pay June 1 million dollars I could care less as long as he turns this thing around.
What you said👍👍

letsgoticats

What you said👍👍
Yeah I agree with this too.   Spend away.  

heapbag

No issues with June.

Love his attitude and relationships he has built with his "kids".

My only concern is that his offense might be found out with sufficient film study.

I want to know if he has the ability to make adjustments at that point.

Hammertown Proud

yah, he probably doesn't.

likely insufficient experience as a coach to make an adjustment (LOL).

stevehvh

I'm sure I do want him back. 

I think he's an excellent coach and he has breathed fresh air into the team. The players certainly appear to want to play for him. 

I don't care what choices he makes about who starts at QB or any other position. It's his job to decide that, and I have confidence he will do it well.

I hope he returns next season.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

heapbag

yah, he probably doesn't.

likely insufficient experience as a coach to make an adjustment (LOL).
You say that but it was a criticism that Austin's offense became predictable with no halftime adjustments 

JJ at least appears receptive to input from others.  

schmenger

The Run & Shoot is difficult to beat because the receivers adjust their routes to the defense. In short the defense is never right. I like the coach and his clear understanding of people dynamics. Treat them well and listen to what they have to offer and your off to the races. 

my home team

I'm sure I do want him back.

I think he's an excellent coach and he has breathed fresh air into the team. The players certainly appear to want to play for him.

I don't care what choices he makes about who starts at QB or any other position. It's his job to decide that, and I have confidence he will do it well.

I hope he returns next season.
I agree, Steve.

But, I don't want to give up on Zach yet. Those early games in 2015 were amazing to behold and I think he still has that in him.

Many were ready to give up on Brandon Banks, I maintained he had the skills.

If we trade or release Zach Collaros, my fear is that we could live to regret it.

Users Online

100 Guests, 23 Users (16 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
GHT120, ExPat, OskeeweeneeVI, Lucas Bellemare, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Aerial, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, Argofan_1000, Sidney, meaker23, Onemoredork, Grover, 150GAGE, 97valkyrie, schmenger, G Man, bobo82, Rick16, oo DAWG oo, Gerbear20, GOTC1, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)