stevehvh

I'm sure I do want him back.

I think he's an excellent coach and he has breathed fresh air into the team. The players certainly appear to want to play for him.

I don't care what choices he makes about who starts at QB or any other position. It's his job to decide that, and I have confidence he will do it well.

I hope he returns next season.
I agree, Steve.

But, I don't want to give up on Zach yet. Those early games in 2015 were amazing to behold and I think he still has that in him.

Many were ready to give up on Brandon Banks, I maintained he had the skills.

If we trade or release Zach Collaros, my fear is that we could live to regret it.
I'm happy with however it works out, MHT. Two things though:
  • Yes, JJ saw something he liked in Speedy, and was ready to move him to full time receiver. For whatever reason, he didn't draw the same kind of conclusion with Zach, didn't want to use him much (one series in one game). Maybe he didn't see the same potential you do. If I was confident Zach had that 2015 potential still there, I'd feel like you do. But JJ doesn't seem to have the same sense of it, whatever his reasons are... he's the coach, he knows way more about it than any of us on this board. Certainly way more than I do. I don't have a problem with Zach, and JJ says he likes him. But he sure seems to like Jeremiah better. 
  • The cap probably won't allow both Zach and Jeremiah to stay and be paid something like starter level salaries. JM will want an increase, and he deserves it in my books. If he doesn't get it, he may well get it elsewhere as a FA. Zach may or may not be willing to take a pay cut, and if so, how much is an open question.

All in all, if the team has to make a choice between the two, JJ seems to have plumped for JM. I can't argue with his assessment. If JM goes and ZC stays, I sure hope he can run JJ's offence at the level desired. If he can't, and doesn't return to his 2015 form, I think I'd regret that one more than seeing Zach leave and do well elsewhere.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

my home team

I'm sure I do want him back.

I think he's an excellent coach and he has breathed fresh air into the team. The players certainly appear to want to play for him.

I don't care what choices he makes about who starts at QB or any other position. It's his job to decide that, and I have confidence he will do it well.

I hope he returns next season.
I agree, Steve.

But, I don't want to give up on Zach yet. Those early games in 2015 were amazing to behold and I think he still has that in him.

Many were ready to give up on Brandon Banks, I maintained he had the skills.

If we trade or release Zach Collaros, my fear is that we could live to regret it.
I'm happy with however it works out, MHT. Two things though:
  • Yes, JJ saw something he liked in Speedy, and was ready to move him to full time receiver. For whatever reason, he didn't draw the same kind of conclusion with Zach, didn't want to use him much (one series in one game). Maybe he didn't see the same potential you do. If I was confident Zach had that 2015 potential still there, I'd feel like you do. But JJ doesn't seem to have the same sense of it, whatever his reasons are... he's the coach, he knows way more about it than any of us on this board. Certainly way more than I do. I don't have a problem with Zach, and JJ says he likes him. But he sure seems to like Jeremiah better.  
  • The cap probably won't allow both Zach and Jeremiah to stay and be paid something like starter level salaries. JM will want an increase, and he deserves it in my books. If he doesn't get it, he may well get it elsewhere as a FA. Zach may or may not be willing to take a pay cut, and if so, how much is an open question.

All in all, if the team has to make a choice between the two, JJ seems to have plumped for JM. I can't argue with his assessment. If JM goes and ZC stays, I sure hope he can run JJ's offence at the level desired. If he can't, and doesn't return to his 2015 form, I think I'd regret that one more than seeing Zach leave and do well elsewhere.
Good points, Steve.

I understand where you're coming from and I can't disagree with it.

Those games in 2015 just has me leary....

Users Online

67 Guests, 3 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Rick16, Aqualung1, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)