DisplacedCatsFan

Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

S J Riley

DAM...
An acl tear on his kicking leg is a long road back, for a kicker/punter.

rockfish

McCallum would be serviceable from the 47 in - plus he's a decent punter. Sergio never should have gone into chase mode - should have learned the #1 rule of kicking - when you miss, find an exit - and find it FAST. . . . . .  fairies like Westwood & McCallum made a career of it.
While he showed great heart, it wasn't the smart thing to do...it wasn't like he was the last defender with a shot at the returner.

canadianfootballfan

Kicker or not...  he's still a football player, and he followed his football instincts on that play to stop it.  Can't blame the guy.

FenderGuy69

From the CFL website, which isn't always 100% up to date, here are the FA Kickers. I do believe for them to be listed on the site, it means they have been on a CFL roster at some point.

Decloux, SeanKI23Maine
Early, RayKI25Furman
Fera, AnthonyKI26Texas
Hawkins, RyanKI23Northern Arizona
Lauther, BrettKI26Saint Mary's
Mark, JohnnyKI25University of Calgary
McCallum, PaulKN47
Medeiros, ZackKI26Western
Ménard-Brière, FélixKI24Montreal
Milo, ChrisKN30Laval University
Ojala, CarlKI29North Carolina State
Peterson, CraigKI32Courtland
Sabourin, ColeKIEdmonton Huskies Jr.

And add Grant Shaw & Kristopher Calcutt who are listed as FA Punters.

Palmer

DAM...
An acl tear on his kicking leg is a long road back, for a kicker/punter.
I suppose a little bit of good news for Castillo is that the injury is to his right, kicking leg, knee as opposed to his left, his plant leg.  Still, when you rely on your legs for your career, it doesn't look promising at all.  A definite team bright spot this season, and seemed to be a guy who was genuinely enjoying himself playing the game.

Onemoredork

Jeremy Ito, there's a message for you from Hamilton, Canada

tabbiefanmcb

I thought that Fera got pressed into service in Montreal last season when Bede had his struggles and did a decent job, but I could be wrong.   I think Hawkins and maybe Early were among the kickers tried out during training camp so at least they'd be familiar with the team but they were released for a reason.  Of course no one is going to be as good as Serge but at this point beggars can't be choosers.  Faubert Lussier impressed me though and the punting average didn't take much of a hit with him kicking the ball away.  Apparently he's a decent place kicker too so they could roll with him although that would be risky as he's a back up national receiver.  That being said, Jones should be back and motivated to play better after his suspension.

I suspect that the coaches are going to be busy tomorrow (maybe even have been today) looking for a replacement. 

CatsFaninOttawa

Faubert-Lussier was a game-day scratch for each the 3 games that followed the win @ Ottawa.  Crash, in an earlier post, said, or maybe guessed, that Fantuz would have been the back-up kicker if F-B hadn't been dressed last night.  But, Andy also wasn't dressed in the first 2 of the 3 games when Felix  was a Reserve.  Wonder who was the back-up for Castillo then?
Forgot about Jones, who would have been dressed as the backup national receiver. Still wondering who their backup kicker would have been.

blackandgld

Milo seems like the obvious choice to me to replace Castillo. Doesn't hurt that he is a National.
85% previous 2 seasons in FG accuracy is good enough as a fill in.

heapbag

Based on nothing but Craig "the leg" Peterson was a late cut in the preseason.

Bet we go with him.

Although, experienced CFL kickers exist, you need range.

I think the scouting staff goes with potential over past glory.

ottawacat

Drew Edwards‏Verified account 
@scratchingpost
[/color][/url]  11m11 minutes ago
More
[/font][/size][/color]
Drew Edwards Retweeted 3DownNation
Two names I'm hearing for possible #Ticats kickers: former @UMichFootball @Kenny__Allen & ex #Ticats K @brettlauther

We've got their numbers available -- the 76 Lauther wore here before, and Allen's # as a Woverine - 91.

Onemoredork

Edwards worked hard finding all those names from the internet 

but one niggling detail on Lauther.....

He DOES NOT PUNT.

Keep working at it Drew.

ottawacat

Users Online

104 Guests, 12 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, KevinRiley2, Abendschan, dcmoses, steeltownguy, Mark, jim43bob, bobo82, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)