Grover

What did we get for him , a player of his caliber ,
Peanuts !
What part of "set to be a free agent" do you not understand? Unless he and Edmonton agree to a contract extension before next Feb., Gable will be free to sign with any team.
Free agent =Argos !
They already have Whittaker and Wilder...
I think Gable will be re-signing with the ESK's

Reilly talks highly of him, QB protection is something QB's are in favour of.
Especially if it comes in a package of a guy that likes to run the Ball.

“He’s been huge for us since the day that he stepped foot in our locker-room,” Edmonton quarterback Mike Reilly said of Gable.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

my home team

Peanuts !
What part of "set to be a free agent" do you not understand? Unless he and Edmonton agree to a contract extension before next Feb., Gable will be free to sign with any team.
Free agent =Argos !

“He’s been huge for us since the day that he stepped foot in our locker-room,” Edmonton quarterback Mike Reilly said of Gable.
At one point in yesterday's game, Reilly even tried to block for Gable, even though he came up without one.

I have ALWAYS been a C J Gable fan. 

I`m proud and not surprised by his accomplishments with his new team.

bobo82

At one point in yesterday's game, Reilly even tried to block for Gable, even though he came up without one.

I have ALWAYS been a C J Gable fan.

I`m proud and not surprised by his accomplishments with his new team.
I'm also not surprised by C J and how he has played since he joined the Esks .
As yesterday's play-off games all showed for whatever reason the majority of ex-Cat players all seem to excel and shine brightly when they put on a different coloured jersey . When you look at C J and his time here he unfortunately couldn't stay healthy for the most part and the times he was healthy he was never utilised properly or effectively enough on a regular basis for the talent he had . 

Speaking of ex-Cats and excelling elsewhere by the way besides C J's performance yesterday , hats off and a big shout out as well have to go to the likes of Bakari Grant , Marcus Thigpen , Peter Dyakowski and Kevin Glenn on their outstanding performances as well for those Riders in their impressive win in the ESF . 

Getting back to the Eskimos also have to mention both Neil King and Joel Figueroa who both had great games in the WSF . 

Finally a big shout out to locale boy Matt Coates who had a terrific 6 catch 100+ yd receiving day in a losing cause for those Bombers . I think I can safely say that Coates never came close to a  6 catch game let alone a 100 yd game in his three years here in Hamilton .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Crash

As yesterday's play-off games all showed for whatever reason the majority of ex-Cat players all seem to excel and shine brightly when they put on a different coloured jersey . When you look at C J and his time here he unfortunately couldn't stay healthy for the most part and the times he was healthy he was never utilised properly or effectively enough on a regular basis for the talent he had .

Speaking of ex-Cats and excelling elsewhere by the way besides C J's performance yesterday , hats off and a big shout out as well have to go to the likes of Bakari Grant , Marcus Thigpen , Peter Dyakowski and Kevin Glenn on their outstanding performances as well for those Riders in their impressive win in the ESF .

Getting back to the Eskimos also have to mention both Neil King and Joel Figueroa who both had great games in the WSF .

Finally a big shout out to locale boy Matt Coates who had a terrific 6 catch 100+ yd receiving day in a losing cause for those Bombers . I think I can safely say that Coates never came close to a  6 catch game let alone a 100 yd game in his three years here in Hamilton .
How's Dan Lefevor doing? What about Sam Giguere? Mossis Madu? Tiquan Underwood? Drake Nevis?
Every team has turnover. It's just magnified when you have a tough year.

Espo

Peanuts !
Free agent =Argos !
well....  Wilder....  they probably don't keep Whittaker around at his age, no?

As for Gable.  Just happy for him, rooting against all the other teams so he gets his ring. 
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

guelphcatsfan

Finally a big shout out to locale boy Matt Coates who had a terrific 6 catch 100+ yd receiving day in a losing cause for those Bombers . I think I can safely say that Coates never came close to a  6 catch game let alone a 100 yd game in his three years here in Hamilton .
How's Dan Lefevor doing? What about Sam Giguere? Mossis Madu? Tiquan Underwood? Drake Nevis?
I for one am looking forward to the 2010 Tiger Cats finally challenging for the Grey Cup!  

I share bobo's enthusiasm for so many former key players (sorry but in my view Crash's list of players don't make my list) doing well in the post-season.   

ExPat

Anyone who doesn't like the Gable trade should rest assured that the decision was out of the hands of Ticats management.

When he was languishing in Hamilton, watching his team tumble through the standings in the first half of the season, C.J. Gable said he prayed for change.

His prayers were answered on Oct. 2, when the Edmonton Eskimos traded for him.

“I was praying when I was in Hamilton that something would happen because I wasn’t really being used a lot. I was praying and it got me a great opportunity over here.”
O’Leary: Gable proves he is the missing piece the Esks needed

Hopefully we do not have too many other players praying for some kind of  divine intervention.

Grover

Anyone who doesn't like the Gable trade should rest assured that the decision was out of the hands of Ticats management.

When he was languishing in Hamilton, watching his team tumble through the standings in the first half of the season, C.J. Gable said he prayed for change.

His prayers were answered on Oct. 2, when the Edmonton Eskimos traded for him.

“I was praying when I was in Hamilton that something would happen because I wasn’t really being used a lot. I was praying and it got me a great opportunity over here.”
O’Leary: Gable proves he is the missing piece the Esks needed

Hopefully we do not have too many other players praying for some kind of  divine intervention.
Well, It is a well known fact around here that Austin does think he is God!  ;D

Crash

I for one am looking forward to the 2010 Tiger Cats finally challenging for the Grey Cup!  

I share bobo's enthusiasm for so many former key players (sorry but in my view Crash's list of players don't make my list) doing well in the post-season.  
The point is all teams let players go... some do well and some don't.

bobo82

the majority of ex-Cat players all seem to excel and shine brightly when they put on a different coloured jersey .

Speaking of ex-Cats and excelling elsewhere CJ Gable , Bakari Grant , Marcus Thigpen , Peter Dyakowski , Kevin Glenn , Neil King , Joel Figueroa , Matt Coates

The point is all teams let players go... some do well and some don't.

LOL !!! Crash , I realize that all teams let players go...I also understand that some do well and some don't .... That wasn't my point at all . Guelphcatsfan on the other hand knew what I was talking about to a tee .  :)

You are the one that bolded and highlighted  my quote above about the majority of ex-Cats excelling elsewhere . You then posted your own list of ex-Cats that I didn't mention . Well guess what ? You inadvertently just proved my point . I listed 8 ex-Cats that had outstanding games in the ESF and WSF match-ups on the weekend . You on the other hand countered with a list of 5 other ex-Cats that either didn't play well this week-end or weren't even involved in the games played .

Well guess what ? The last time I looked 8 is more then 5 so henceforth I was right when I said the majority  :D All I was doing was just giving a Shout Out and Kudos to some very fine performances from some very fine football players who just happen to be all Ex-Cats and who are all still in the running for that coveted first ring and the honour of getting their name finally etched on the Holy Grail aka the Grey Cup . 8) Just because our team isn't in it this season doesn't mean that we all can't cheer for the likes of  CJ or Bakari or a Dyakowski or a Thigpen or a Glenn to have the opportunity to win their first Grey Cup .

Users Online

63 Guests, 2 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 116. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)