safetyblitz

Love the fact that we have a coach who seems to appreciate the less obvious benefits of making a strong committment to the running game.

In one of the interview clips with Jones that TSN played, he seems to downright *relish* the fact that people underestimate the role of the running game in his style of offense.

safetyblitz

Not the exact clip I referred to, but another one with Jones and others talking about balance:
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/ticats-believe-in-balance-attack~1208606

150GAGE

A lot of us just got Fed up of Austin's pass happy strategy that worked for a while, but opposing defences caught on, and shut it down. (Especially the play action, which became joke).
Jones is going back to a more traditional offense, run sets up the pass. More ball control, which tires out the opposing defense and rests your own defense.
It's great to see.
Once we become a winning team and opposition catches on, how will Jones reinvent the offense? That will show his value.
In fairness, this is the first time we have most of our starters back, especially Canadian starters.

my home team

Love the fact that we have a coach who seems to appreciate the less obvious benefits of making a strong committment to the running game.

In one of the interview clips with Jones that TSN played, he seems to downright *relish* the fact that people underestimate the role of the running game in his style of offense.
" he seems to downright *relish* the fact that people underestimate the role of the running game in his style of offense."

And, I think, that is one of the reasons it's working so well now. We'll see over time, as teams become more aware, if the running game will continue to be successful.

Grover

29 run plays

“The fact that coach Jones believes in us up front, that he’s willing to repeatedly run the football and make this a two dimensional game, it changes a lot,” said centre Mike Filer.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

my home team

29 run plays

“The fact that coach Jones believes in us up front, that he’s willing to repeatedly run the football and make this a two dimensional game, it changes a lot,” said centre Mike Filer.
And that's great.

But Filer and the other guys upfront have to keep at it to prove his coach right.

PatLynch

It is great to see Filer, Revenberg, Bomben, Mathews, and Washington  moving downfield to block backers and Dbs .  The running game  is vital  when "The skies of November turn gloomy" !

The Hoggies and Green/Masoli ate up the clock and wouldn't allow the Bombers potent running game to develop .

Oh the coffee tastes better today and my smile will last till the next game .  Every game is like a playoff game and it is so nice to see the Cats running again !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

my home team

It is great to see Filer, Revenberg, Bomben, Mathews, and Washington  moving downfield to block backers and Dbs .  The running game  is vital  when "The skies of November turn gloomy" !

The Hoggies and Green/Masoli ate up the clock and wouldn't allow the Bombers potent running game to develop .

Oh the coffee tastes better today and my smile will last till the next game .  Every game is like a playoff game and it is so nice to see the Cats running again !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
And with the running game being so successful, it's one more thing that the opposition defense has to be aware of. They can't just bring the blitz or the pressure, they need to pause and that provides time for other things.

Yes, my coffee DOES taste better and the clouds not as gloomy.

It is nice to see the Tiger cats show a running game.

More importantly, it's great to watch a win!!!!!!!!

150GAGE

Oh the coffee tastes better today and my smile will last till the next game .  Every game is like a playoff game and it is so nice to see the Cats running again !
The world is a better place when the cats win! It will be like winning a lottery if we can beat BLM and Stamps on Friday! ;D

blackandgld

If we the fans see it I am sure the coaches all see it. What is IT you ask?
That the fake hand off QB sneak off the edge is open almost every play. i am sure that the offense is saving these calls for important moments and we will see more of it as a core piece of our offense.
Even the fake hand off, naked boot leg, dump pass if the DBs leave their man to try to tackle Masoli.
There is so much offense available from this play to come.

Users Online

112 Guests, 14 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mr62cats, KevinRiley2, vjcos, Mightygoose, bobo82, The Last Word, 15_championships, idealsheldon, nopa, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)