Krisiun

A couple of better throws by BLM and HAM gets blown out. Beat an injured and struggling EDM. Beat a rookie QB and exhausted WPG defense. Clung to system stubbornly and still couldnt answer SSK.
HAMs record is suspect.
There is no way that you actually believe anything that you wrote here.

Katmandu

Merely suggesting HAM hasnt beaten anybody yet. And the quality defenses they have faced they had no answer for.
They'll have an reply for the Riders next week.  Cats 36 Riders 17.  Because I AM KRESKIN...  
Oskee Wa Wa!  Go Cats!

Onemoredork

Put points up instead of just yardage vs SSK and Ottawa defenses and I'll rejoin parade planning committee 

bobo82

Love how we continue to set the bar for success with the 2017 season . Anything better than last year (0-4, 60-1, tied for 1st at 2-2 without the game in hand) is just good enough for Ticats fans.

And here I was defending that we don't have a losing culture.
Actually just took a quick look at our last 10 seasons going back to 2009 and surprisingly enough it seems like 2-2 after 4 games is at best where we are generally at on avg at this stage of the season .
This is the 6th season in that time that we have started out being .500 after 4 played . The other 4 seasons saw us at 1-3 on three occasions and of course 0-4 last year . The funny thing about it is the fact that the last two times this team started out 1-3 they ended up playing in the Grey Cup .

Here are the 10 year results for those 10 seasons after our first four games played

2009 - 2 - 2......went  7 - 7.....rest of season .(9-9) 2nd Lost ESF 
2010 - 1 - 3......went  8 - 6.... rest of season .(9-9) 2nd Lost ESF
2011 - 2 - 2......went  6 - 8.... rest of season .(8-10) 3rd Won ESF .  Lost EF
2012 - 2 - 2......went  4 -10....rest of season.(6-12) Missed Play-offs
2013 - 1 - 3......went  9 - 5.....rest of season.(10-8 )2nd Won ESF. Won EF . Lost Grey Cup
2014 - 1 - 3......went  8 - 6....rest of season. (9-9) 1rst Won EF . Lost Grey Cup
2015 - 2 - 2......went  8 - 6....rest of season. (10-8 ) 2nd Won ESF. Lost EF
2016 - 2 - 2......went 5 - 9.....rest of season. (7 -11) 2nd Lost ESF
2017 - 0 - 4......went 6 - 8.....rest of season. (6 -12) Missed Play-offs
2018 - 2 - 2......TBD 
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Espo

There is no way that you actually believe anything that you wrote here.
A couple of better throws by BLM and HAM gets blown out. Beat an injured and struggling EDM. Beat a rookie QB and exhausted WPG defense. Clung to system stubbornly and still couldnt answer SSK.
HAMs record is suspect.

Edmonton's IR resembled ours from 2016
(everyone has injuries, we took advantage, go us) 

Winnipeg had a rookie QB facing a real defense for the first time in a home opener where the fans kinda sorta showed up.
(good win, probably should have been by more) 

Sask game was a loss where we dominated possession but could close in the red zone, allowing them to stay in it.  Felt reaaaaaaaaaaaally Kevin Glenn-esq in the final drive.   

Reasonable take that our wins weren't just based on sheer talent, that they could easily have been flipped, and that the losses could have been a lot worse, all if not for some good luck.    It's a touch pessimistic, but its reasonable. 
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Crash

Sask game was a loss where we dominated possession but could close in the red zone, allowing them to stay in it.  Felt reaaaaaaaaaaaally Kevin Glenn-esq in the final drive.  
Until I see more from Masoli he's definitely in Kevin Glenn land for me. By my count he's 12-10 as a starter (1-1 playoffs) with a ton of yardage and inconsistent completion % stats.

Good to get you some wins but not enough to get you over the top and not great when it matters most.

Difference is he has this season and next to improve to that next level. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can do it.

Some are just so quick to put him in the Hall of fame.

But Hey, at least we're  2nd in the Power Rankings!

Slomojo2005

Sort of tied. Ottawa do have a game in hand.  

I'm sort of OK with 2 - 2 in view of the schedule, but not going to lie - disappointed we are not 3 - 1 because we should be.
Should, could , would... any way u slice it, we are still mediocre!

Grover

Interesting stat here for our 2nd overall ranked defence

this means 11.6 plays between a missing a tackle

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Killer91

Still tied for first! Breaking news...Ottawa offers Harris for Masoli straight up and half the posters on here accept the trade!!

Oskie18

On CFL.ca they have Ottawa 1st and Hamilton 2nd.

The tie breaking rules are as follows.

When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following descending-order priorities and shall be awarded to the Club that:

has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
 has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
 has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,

has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s)

So from that, The Ti-Cats should currently be in 1st and the RB's should be in 2nd.
Formerly Oskie09 and jlshooter

Palmer

Count me in Oskie18, but I think the qualifier is that word "final" in the phrase "the final Division standings".  Regardless, I'm on board with your reasoning, and the Cats are in first place over here!

tcmike

Put points up instead of just yardage vs SSK and Ottawa defenses and I'll rejoin parade planning committee
31 and 37 points against The Peg and Edmonton not so bad. 
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

Killer91

Until I see more from Masoli he's definitely in Kevin Glenn land for me. By my count he's 12-10 as a starter (1-1 playoffs) with a ton of yardage and inconsistent completion % stats.

Good to get you some wins but not enough to get you over the top and not great when it matters most.

Difference is he has this season and next to improve to that next level. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can do it.

Some are just so quick to put him in the Hall of fame.

But Hey, at least we're  2nd in the Power Rankings!
Hey give him a break he is just coming into his Elitism! 

CatsFaninOttawa

On CFL.ca they have Ottawa 1st and Hamilton 2nd.

The tie breaking rules are as follows.

When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following descending-order priorities and shall be awarded to the Club that:

has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
 has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
 has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,

has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s)

So from that, The Ti-Cats should currently be in 1st and the RB's should be in 2nd.
Rules b, c, and d talk about games between the tied teams. But Ottawa and Hamilton haven't played yet, so it goes to the next rules, which deal with games within the division. And only Ottawa has played games against the east teams, so I think rule f, which goes to the higher net aggregate points within the division, gives first place to Ottawa.

Palmer

Too complicated CFO, I'll stick with my delusion and keep Hamilton in first. :)

Users Online

88 Guests, 15 Users (21 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, Abendschan, Balticfox, rcon, mycko75, MrLucky, kfan, Mightygoose, FootbalYouBet, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)