Killer91

And this is after playing 3 of the 4 best teams in the league.
What's the problem?  Why so angry?

TravelPat1

Sort of tied. Ottawa do have a game in hand.  

I'm sort of OK with 2 - 2 in view of the schedule, but not going to lie - disappointed we are not 3 - 1 because we should be. 

bobo82

I wish we were 0-4 like last year .  ::)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Oskie18

Sort of tied. Ottawa do have a game in hand.  

I'm sort of OK with 2 - 2 in view of the schedule, but not going to lie - disappointed we are not 3 - 1 because we should be.
Exactly!!!
Formerly Oskie09 and jlshooter

Riggins

2-2 is better than most predictions for this stretch against west division teams and more important than that, we're healthy.  I didn't take the Riders lightly as they were at home and extremely motivated after a bad loss.  If we split the back to back with them I'm ok with that.  Things will get interesting when we start playing the east. 

150GAGE

I wish we were 0-4 like last year .  ::)
Bobo, sounds like you REALLY want to see JF in there!
......can't wait....

Crash

Love how we continue to set the bar for success with the 2017 season . Anything better than last year (0-4, 60-1, tied for 1st at 2-2 without the game in hand) is just good enough for Ticats fans.

And here I was defending that we don't have a losing culture.

bobo82

Bobo, sounds like you REALLY want to see JF in there!
......can't wait....
LOL . Yup , I have no doubt in my mind that if we would've had this Johnny fella last year when we played Calgary in game #5 and inserted him in at the half that we would've won that game 62-61 .  ::)  ;D

bobo82

Love how we continue to set the bar for success with the 2017 season . Anything better than last year (0-4, 60-1, tied for 1st at 2-2 without the game in hand) is just good enough for Ticats fans.

And here I was defending that we don't have a losing culture.
Actually sad to say but this team does have a losing culture that goes back close to 30 yrs now . When you consider that they have only managed to finish in 1rst place in a 4 team division only twice (98,14)
since 1990 . That they have only had double digit win totals in only 6 seasons since 1990 (92,98,99,01,13,15) . A total of 17 seasons since 1990 finishing with double digit loss totals (90,91,93,94,95,96,97,02,03,05,06,07,08,11,12,16,17) . Appeared in only 4 Grey Cups in that time , winning only one (99) while losing three (98,13,14) . This team has also missed the play-offs a total of 12 times since the 1990 season (90,91,94,97,02,03,05,06,07,08,12,17) . 

So it's sad to say but the answer is a resounding Yes when it comes to the question about if this team has a history of having a losing culture . The team has never really had any sustained on field success except for small timelines of a few seasons or so (98-01)(13-15) or a single season here or there (92 ,04) being the exceptions . 

Crash

Actually sad to say but this team does have a losing culture that goes back close to 30 yrs now . When you consider that they have only managed to finish in 1rst place in a 4 team division only twice (98,14)
since 1990 . That they have only had double digit win totals in only 6 seasons since 1990 (92,98,99,01,13,15) . A total of 17 seasons since 1990 finishing with double digit loss totals (90,91,93,94,95,96,97,02,03,05,06,07,08,11,12,16,17) . Appeared in only 4 Grey Cups in that time , winning only one (99) while losing three (98,13,14) . This team has also missed the play-offs a total of 12 times since the 1990 season (90,91,94,97,02,03,05,06,07,08,12,17) .

So it's sad to say but the answer is a resounding Yes when it comes to the question about if this team has a history of having a losing culture . The team has never really had any sustained on field success except for small timelines of a few seasons or so (98-01)(13-15) or a single season here or there (92 ,04) being the exceptions .
As this response should likely be in the "losing culture" thread.... I'll steal one of responses from there... You're saying that we have a losing culture except for all those years we did well. (12 missed playoffs in 28 years.... 16 times we made the playoffs)

Grover

Week 7, Sat. July 28
We host OTT at THF, that is our first inter-divisional game, that is a big one!

After our first 4 games against tough western teams of which 3 of the 4 were on the road,
we are 2 and 2 and had a shot at winning all 4 games!
As of now we are leading the League on Offence and are ranked 2nd on Defence.  :)
Special teams, not so special.  :-[

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Onemoredork

A couple of better throws by BLM and HAM gets blown out. Beat an injured and struggling EDM. Beat a rookie QB and exhausted WPG defense. Clung to system stubbornly and still couldnt answer SSK.
HAMs record is suspect.

Palmer

A couple of better throws by BLM and HAM gets blown out. Beat an injured and struggling EDM. Beat a rookie QB and exhausted WPG defense. Clung to system stubbornly and still couldnt answer SSK.
HAMs record is suspect.
Onemordork, are you suggesting nobody else has been beaten by Calgary or beaten Winnipeg and Edmonton?  Since the answer is no, I'm guessing you are just pulling our chain here?

vjcos

Please, that was last year. Everybody keeps using last year as a measuring stick. we sucked last year.
I wouldn't be happy if there isn't a 100% improvement. We were the laughing stock of the league.
If JJ Continues to Combat Defenses and adapt like he did in Sask. last week it won't be long until the rest of the league catches on.
We need that Killer instinct and I haven't seen it yet. Lots of raw talent mind you
Last week as far as I'm concerned was a must win against a team that is and was totally unorganized.  We were  out coached, that game was a totally winnable game and we didn't adapt.

Onemoredork

Onemordork, are you suggesting nobody else has been beaten by Calgary or beaten Winnipeg and Edmonton?  Since the answer is no, I'm guessing you are just pulling our chain here?
Merely suggesting HAM hasnt beaten anybody yet. And the quality defenses they have faced they had no answer for.

Users Online

96 Guests, 17 Users (18 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mycko75, Grover, Balticfox, VICIOUSCIRCLE, 2ez, rshmglsky, Cujo, vampiresquid, OskeeweeneeVI, CrazyCanuck1988, prairiewolf77, alsfan86, KevinRiley2, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (10), Alexa

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)