SeaFiddle

Wow, you guys really hate Manziel..... you should start a I hate Manziel thread.
Never let today's realities keep you from seeing tomorrow's possibilities........ SeaFiddle

ExPat

Wow, you guys really hate Manziel..... you should start a I hate Manziel thread.
I believe he did.  Although it has somehow become a Collaros thread.  

Streveler is looking quite good - three TD passes so far, still in the third quarter. I take it Manziel would have ... four? Five?

safetyblitz

Streveler is looking quite good - three TD passes so far, still in the third quarter. I take it Manziel would have ... four? Five?
Ten! A hundred! Many much touchdowns!

SeaFiddle

Well the Bombers have a swarming defense.... Looks like the 3rd game might be pretty tough.  Steveler seems to be showing the CFL isn’t quite as tough as you guys make it out to be. 

ExPat

Steveler seems to be showing the CFL isn’t quite as tough as you guys make it out to be.
We were just messing with you. The CFL is actually really, really easy.  

Crash

Streveler was 15-28 178 3/2. Did a good job for a rookie debut but let's take him out of the Hall of Fame for now.

Although around here those numbers seem to be celebrated as great QB play. 

Winnipeg created turnovers, had great returns including a 110 yd return. There's more to football than just the QB although some will have you believe wins and losses are only pinned on a QB. 

FootbalYouBet

Steveler seems to be showing the CFL isn’t quite as tough as you guys make it out to be.
We were just messing with you. The CFL is actually really, really easy.  
less than 80% efficiency is not so much to write home about.  many have come and gone that started off better
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

safetyblitz

less than 80% efficiency is not so much to write home about.  many have come and gone that started off better
Troy Smith went 17/35 for 247yds 3TD 0INT in his first CFL start on Oct. 20 2013. He was released just under a year later and that was the end.

ticat1

US folk who watched the Winnipeg- Edmonton game;

That's CFL football! The excitement of a missed field goal! 

SeaFiddle

US folk who watched the Winnipeg- Edmonton game;

That's CFL football! The excitement of a missed field goal!
That is the first live CFL game I’ve watched. It is very entertaining football. Anything can happen partly because the defenses aren’t that good. Tom Brady would get killed trying to survive behind those offensive lines. 

No doubt the delays hurt ESKS the most. It killed their momentum and allowed Streveler to regroup. I was impressed with Mike Reilly. He threaded the needle on a bunch of his passes. The ESKS showed the value of having tall receivers who can flat out jump the defenders something you see a lot in the NFL. 

Looking forward to tonight’s game. Sure glad I’m watching these in the PST zone.

SeaFiddle

Here's Bo, on HERE'S JOHNNY:

http://calgarysun.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/bo-knows-football-and-he-wouldnt-mind-seeing-johnny-football-do-a-face-plant
Wow.... quite a hit piece on Manziel. Amazing they are totally ignoring Masoli and the Cats in favor of getting clicks by focusing on Johnny who is very unlikely to even play in the game. Bo doesn’t like the attention that Johnny is getting and yet he contributes to it. 
He wants to see JF struggle so that can somehow legitimize the CFL. As I have said before, the Canadian game is fast and entertaining and can stand on its own. It’s not the NFL though. Bo Mitchell was not good enough to play at a top college football school like Texas A&M and he couldn’t even make a NFL practice squad.  I hope the Cats can teach him some humility on Saturday.

safetyblitz

That is the first live CFL game I’ve watched. It is very entertaining football. Anything can happen partly because the defenses aren’t that good.
Sucks that your first game was stretched to almost 6 hours by weather delays. Tip of the hat to you for hanging in there. :D

Yet another situation where I'm glad I watch the games on DVR and don't always stay quite caught up to real time!

SeaFiddle

That is the first live CFL game I’ve watched. It is very entertaining football. Anything can happen partly because the defenses aren’t that good.
Sucks that your first game was stretched to almost 6 hours by weather delays. Tip of the hat to you for hanging in there. :D

Yet another situation where I'm glad I watch the games on DVR and don't always stay quite caught up to real time!
LOL.... I set my DVR to record all the games this week but of course I only got up to the first game delay on that one.  Hopefully that doesn’t happen again.

TravelPat1

Yup - who would have thought to set their PVR to record an extra 3 hours last night - lol. 

2 hours and 55 minutes of lightning delays. 

Any guesses on the over-under for how often Manziel is mentioned or shown on the screen Saturday night - even if he doesn't play a down? 

Users Online

88 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, bobo82, Balticfox, rcon, Bayargonaut00, FootbalYouBet, FormerlyTurkish, of course, 97valkyrie, Grover, shadowski, KevinRiley2, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)