cats99

This is AWESOME. If some dump their tickets, there will be lots to pick up the slack.

JM or JM - just win baby; if your wearing the black and gold, I will be cheering for you!
M&M Show ya baby all the way this year 💪
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

canadianfootballfan

The Cats sold out. It's all about the cash and hype that Manziel will bring in instead of having integrity.

I firmly believe that the Cats would rather have a 6-12 season with Manziel than a 12-6 season with Masoli since Manziel will fill up the team's coffers much more quickly.
What does integrity have to do with this?

Integrity has everything to do with it. They have a current rising star QB who has been paying his dues now for several years and is a quality person. Instead they are more fixated on a scandalous hype-machine. It's all about the business.
I agree with Krisiun.  Masoli has been earning his keep in the CFL since 2012, and he has earned this shot.  IMO this is a very very short-sighted move by the Ticats.

cats99

Albert Breer‏Verified account
@AlbertBreer

Per source, Johnny Manziel is actually at the Canadian border near Buffalo now getting a work permit. Will report to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats today. Press conference this afternoon, team meeting tonight, first practice tomorrow.
7:57 AM - 19 May 2018
Awesome 

Grover

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/05/19/ambrosie-releases-statement-following-manziel-signing/

Recently, the league was informed that Mr. Manziel and the Tiger-Cats were close to reaching an agreement. Subsequent inquiry confirmed Mr. Manziel has been meeting the league’s conditions. The league then advised him and the Tiger-Cats it would approve and register a contract for Mr. Manziel, who has also been informed that he must continue to meet these conditions to maintain his eligibility.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Ticatsfan25

The Cats sold out. It's all about the cash and hype that Manziel will bring in instead of having integrity.

I firmly believe that the Cats would rather have a 6-12 season with Manziel than a 12-6 season with Masoli since Manziel will fill up the team's coffers much more quickly.
What does integrity have to do with this?

Integrity has everything to do with it. They have a current rising star QB who has been paying his dues now for several years and is a quality person. Instead they are more fixated on a scandalous hype-machine. It's all about the business.
Teams dont win games by being "nice" to their players.  Best players play.  Bottom line.  If Manziel is as good as some people (including me) think he will be then he will start.  If Masoli proves to be better then he will be the one taking snaps.  It's absolute amateur hour if people think Masoli should start bc he's been waiting for a couple years.  Prove it with his play.

blackandgld

Now let the best man win the QB battle. Nothing handed to anyone. Fasten your seat belts for the highest attended preseason game in recent memory. 

stevehvh

Masoli has proven it with his play. He did that last year, when he compiled a winning record as our starter. 

Yes, he has to prove it again, as every player does every year. So does Manziel, who has yet to prove anything at all.

I look forward to a good, competitive training camp and an excellent season. I'm hoping for Jeremiah to come out on top. But may the best man (including Vernon Adams) win. And may the Ticats bring home the next Grey Cup, with our best QB under centre.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Grover

Marshall Ferguson‏Verified account 
@TSN_Marsh
 2m2 minutes ago
Johnny Manziel’s introductory press conference will be available LIVE on TSN 2 at 2:30pm ET. #Ticats #CFL

Lennywasout

Krisiun, bringing in quality players to compete for a position on a team is a good thing.  Manziel has shown down south he is a quality player, if he has more or less fixed his personal issues then where is the integrity problem or even if he hasn't fully fixed these but is working on these?  Everybody has some personal problems.

The team is fixated on winning a Grey Cup, that's all I see. And that is good.
He has not shown anything in a professional league. Tons of NCAA stars who were busts in the NFL and CFL.  Let’s not get ahead of ourselves until he PROVES himself. 

Mr. Pike

Looks like the press conference will be live on CFL.ca at 2:30  ....click on the red bar at the top of the home page 

ExPat

Today marks somewhat of a realization of a dream for me.  I dream I have had since, basically, the end of the 1999 season.

My dream is to have a million random Twitter people suddenly gaining a vague awareness of the Tiger-Cats.  To have our team name mentioned on random US sports shows and podcasts that I have never heard of.  To hear these new fans and journalists making fun of our game because it is not like their game.  To know that one of our players is making extra cash with his personal merchandising business.

My dream is to see the top story going into every game being whether the backup QB takes the field.  To hear Rod Black mention our backup QB more than he mentions our starting QB.  To have a TSN camera dedicated to recording the backup QB's reactions and movements along the sidelines.

My dream is to watch our head coach asked every week whether he will play the backup, or why didn't he play the backup.  To have a segment of the fans hoping for our starting QB to falter so that the backup sees the field.  (Actually that part of my dream has been realized pretty much every season.)

My dream is to introduce uncertainty into the locker room, with the potential for established players to start to feel resentment over the attention lavished onto an unproven newcomer. To wonder whether the team could have been a bit better if, instead of spending a little too much on the backup QB position, we had invested the salary cap space in that one extra free agent to shore up an area of weakness.

And of course, my dream is to invest a lot of coaching time, practice reps and team brand-building efforts into a player who does not want to be here and has stated at every chance that he plans to leave at the first available opportunity.

Having gotten that off my chest, I plan to support all the players on our team, as always, and wish them every success.  This could turn out to be a very positive story in several respects.

Grover

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account 
@JasonLaCanfora
Manziel's CFL contract: $122k base,  $10k sign bonus, $18k housing stipend, $10k if active 6 games, $10k for 10 games active. $10k for 14 games active. Another $120k if plays half of snaps. March 1 $75k offseason bonus. 2018 $202k base w/same incentives

Krisiun

Masoli has proven it with his play. He did that last year, when he compiled a winning record as our starter.

Yes, he has to prove it again, as every player does every year. So does Manziel, who has yet to prove anything at all.

I look forward to a good, competitive training camp and an excellent season. I'm hoping for Jeremiah to come out on top. But may the best man (including Vernon Adams) win. And may the Ticats bring home the next Grey Cup, with our best QB under centre.
Steve. This is a sound and reasonable perspective.

mr62cats

Hope Johnny Football has a big performance clause in his 2 year contract. We could be stuck with a lemon.
He has never played in the CFL and still has to learn about 12 guys on both sides of the ball and a bigger field...and how competitive the CFL is.
I still think signing him a bad move and a huge gamble on the part of the Tiger-Cats.
We'll have to see.

FormerlyTurkish

Cant remember last time regular progamming was interrupted for a Tiger Cat press conference.  Millions if not billions of free air time for the league, the team and the city.   Whats not to like.

Users Online

65 Guests, 2 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
slowhand, ExPat, Google (AdSense), Google (9), Alexa

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)