Gerbear20

I really hope one of neg list players is a good defensive end which we need badly !!!

but then again esks traded for chick so they likely didn't have any de's ready to play on the neg list ?

why would we go after import olinemen I think we are now in better shape at that spot with holmes, Mathews and washington

I guess this means green is the man for now
I hear Laurent is ready to go next week so I wonder where they play the extra import 

Clawed2bitz

Good luck CJ. You're going to love Alberta
Seems like Mike Reilly has finally got his version of a bodyguard. A blocking back who actually knows how to block.
CJ, I think your new team can beat the Calgary pass rush in the upcoming game with you in the backfield.
Again, good luck with your new team mates and new fans!

bobo82

Well it looks like the great fire sale of the 2017 Ti-Cats has begun . Gotta wonder whose next on the chopping block ? Laurent ? Collaros ? Masoli ? who knows ? stay tuned for further developments . :o
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

blackandgld

Well it looks like the great fire sale of the 2017 Ti-Cats has begun . Gotta wonder whose next on the chopping block ? Laurent ? Collaros ? Masoli ? who knows ? stay tuned for further developments . :o
Laurent and Collaros are two big trade chips. If ZC gets some time and pulls a Gable and increases his trade value I can see these moves happening.

CatsFaninOttawa

3 trades with ESKs this year

Chick + Gable + 5th round pick, 7th round pick, 5th round 2019 pick

for

Chambers, 2nd round pick + 2 neg list OL's

:-\
You forgot one.

Chick was (debatably) expendable due to Tracy playing well at a much lower cost. (Capicciotti playing well as a national made him indispensable.) But considering his age and subpar performance this year, an upgraded pick was pretty good to get for him.

And Gable was made expendable due to Green playing really well. But running backs are almost a dime a dozen, even for the good ones (unless, of course, they happen to be nationals), so two neg listers is also pretty good.

Chambers for a couple of late draft picks? I'm thinking we did well there, as he did more in his first game with us that any of our other national receivers. Really helps on the ratio, especially with Fantuz back in the line-up.

Palmer

Did not see that one coming.  Thought Saturday’s game, if anything, would restore his status as a first-teamer.  I’m gobsmacked.

rockfish

Laurent and Collaros are two big trade chips. If ZC gets some time and pulls a Gable and increases his trade value I can see these moves happening.
If Zac gets some playing time, which I think he should, and pulls a Gable, then why would you not keep him, as he was considered an elite QB who lost his confidence? I sure didn't see the Gable trade coming, especially after the game he just had, so who knows. His trade value sure must have gone up.

Grover

3 trades with ESKs this year

Chick + Gable + 5th round pick, 7th round pick, 5th round 2019 pick

for

Chambers, 2nd round pick + 2 neg list OL's

:-\
You forgot one.

Chick was (debatably) expendable due to Tracy playing well at a much lower cost. (Capicciotti playing well as a national made him indispensable.) But considering his age and subpar performance this year, an upgraded pick was pretty good to get for him.

And Gable was made expendable due to Green playing really well. But running backs are almost a dime a dozen, even for the good ones (unless, of course, they happen to be nationals), so two neg listers is also pretty good.

Chambers for a couple of late draft picks? I'm thinking we did well there, as he did more in his first game with us that any of our other national receivers. Really helps on the ratio, especially with Fantuz back in the line-up.
Thanks for correcting, it does look much better that way.
Chick has not won a game yet this year and I think is now 0 and 14 for the season.  :-[

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Grover

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor

CFL needs to review policy of not revealing neg list players involved in trades. How the heck can only half a trade be public? #CFL

8:04 AM - 2 Oct 2017

I agree with this.^^^^^

my home team

""Chick has not won a game yet this year and I think is now 0 and 14 for the season."

Really??

How does he manage to play all those positions and win by himself against so many other players??

LOL....

Grover

Gable's empty locker.
I wonder how the players feel when a popular veteran of the team gets traded for cap savings?

Crash

""Chick has not won a game yet this year and I think is now 0 and 14 for the season."

Really??

How does he manage to play all those positions and win by himself against so many other players??

LOL....

16 including last year I believe.

blackandgld

Don't agree that $$$ was the only reason to trade Gable.
He is a FA after this season. If indeed we are out of the playoffs why not grab a couple assets?
Moving forward the team needs to know whether they should resign Gable, give the job to Green or Ross Scheuerman or bring in more recruits.
And finally maybe if this is Gable's last season giving him a chance to join a team that is going to make the playoffs and earn a few more bux might be a nice thing for a veteran.

Count Floyd

Come on.  How many people were incensed that Gable started over Green before the game last week?

I liked CJ, but he's a 29 year old import RB who hasn't gained much yardage recently apart from the last game.  With Green & Scheuerman backing up, it was an obvious place to cut some salary.

Cue the inevitable "this will come back to haunt us" posts.

Grover

steve milton‏ 
@miltonatthespec
  7m7 minutes ago
#Ticats say Gable not salary cap trade but Kent Austin said contracts did come into play. Gable free agent, Green signed through '18 #CFL

Users Online

66 Guests, 7 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, heapbag, Augustus67, J5V, Clawed2bitz, hairyarm, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (6), Baidu

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)