Grover

There is a ton of film on the Stamps Offence and Defence for the TiCats to view  in preparation for Saturdays game as there are few changes to their team.

On the other hand CGY has very little film on the TiCats to prepare.

It might prove interesting!  8)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

blackandgld

Bo Levi Mitchell says he is happy with how good his receivers are this year. But I am more concerned about how good their defence is this year. Masoli is certainly not a top tier QB and we don't know yet how his O line  will perform.
The Calgary game will a huge test for June Jones and his new crop of players....and coaches.
I disagree with the Masoli take. I think he is a very good QB and besides kicking the least of our worries. Not on par with Edm or Calgary pivots but right there in the 3-4 range. The CFLs top 50 players Masoli made the list so he is recognized league wide.

Palmer

Can't imagine too any QBs wanting to be quoted as saying that he felt his receivers were a bunch of dogs, and not to expect too much in the way of completions.  Plus, they had some changes with their receivers didn't they?  No doubt BLM is wanting to show his faith in the newbies?

ottawacat

Looking back a bit, while looking forward to the start of another season:
In 57 seasons, since the interlocking schedule began in the early 60's, the Tiger-Cats have won, in Calgary, 9 times.  The last time out there, the Cats lost 60-1.  Last season the Stampeders, who finished 1st in the league-wide standings had 6 players named CFL All-Stars.  The TiCats, 8th overall, had none.  Calgary scored 18% more points last season than Hamilton, and Hamilton gave up 56% more points than they did.  Bo Levi Mitchell has never lost a game against the Tiger-Cats.  The last time the two teams met, in mid October last year at THF, the Cats scored a TD, with 36 seconds left in the game to tie the score at 25 all.  I do try to end on a positive note!  But, Calgary won again on a final play 17-yd. field goal.  Surprisingly, the Stamps are only 10 pt. favourites for the Saturday season opener.  So, Oskee Wee Wee!  Oskee Wa Wa!  Holy Mackinaw .......

Onemoredork

Fearless prediction:
For every one sack or pressure by CAL Bomben's name will be brought up 5x.

canadianfootballfan

Fearless prediction:
For every one sack or pressure by CAL Bomben's name will be brought up 5x.
I'm thinking more like 20x

Palmer

Yes, but did you know that Luke Tasker is the son of Steve Tasker, Buffalo Bills legend?  And Hamilton has signed Johnny Manziel, Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M?  Oh, there’s a couple or so other guys playing for Hamilton this year, but none of them are “Johnny Football”. ;)

Crash

Bo Levi Mitchell says he is happy with how good his receivers are this year. But I am more concerned about how good their defence is this year. Masoli is certainly not a top tier QB and we don't know yet how his O line  will perform.
The Calgary game will a huge test for June Jones and his new crop of players....and coaches.
I disagree with the Masoli take. I think he is a very good QB and besides kicking the least of our worries. Not on par with Edm or Calgary pivots but right there in the 3-4 range. The CFLs top 50 players Masoli made the list so he is recognized league wide.
You think he's as good as Nichols/Ray/Harris? (I'll leave collaros out of it for obvious reasons).

ExPat

Yes, but did you know that Luke Tasker is the son of Steve Tasker, Buffalo Bills legend?  And Hamilton has signed Johnny Manziel, Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M?  Oh, there’s a couple or so other guys playing for Hamilton this year, but none of them are “Johnny Football”. ;)
I wonder if we'll hear much about Roy Finch?  Kind of an awkward topic that's hard to riff on, so I'll predict only two mentions all game.

ottawacat

Slomojo2005

Not holding my breath!  Going to be ugly if we dont get some early positives!

ottawacat

Depth Chart is out.  Nothing surprising, other than Alex Green being listed on the 6-Game Injured List, rather than the 1-Game, Daly starting ahead of Stephen, and Okafor listed among the 46 active.  I noticed him playing left tackle much of the game in MTL and he seemed to be holding his own.  As expected 9 players are on the 1-Game:  Adams, Cooper, Girard, Golding, Langa, , Schram,  Toliver, Vaughn and D. Washington.  Also, Wacha, who was put on the PR at the cut down last weekend, has been activated.

http://assets-ticats.s3.amazonaws.com/app/uploads/2018/06/15103445/Depth-Chart-Roster-06-16-18-at-CGY.pdf

Grover

Nothing surprising other than Daly starting over Stephen and Ciraco over Rice and 2 NAT REC

It appears that Cappy and Tracy have switched DE positions

BillyDee87

Unamba at SAM.  Interesting.  A spot to watch for sure.
"For the sake of humanity" is always the credo of tyranny.

CatsFaninOttawa

Starting eight nationals? (And they didn't even have to use the trick of "starting" Whitlock on defence.)

I suspect we'll be seeing Wilkerson a few times, coming in for either Jones or Faubert-Lussier. I am a bit surprised that he's their only international backup receiver. Looking forward to Toliver coming back. 

Users Online

52 Guests, 4 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticats4242ticats, Mightygoose, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (5), Alexa

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)