longtimetcfan

The best thing to do while buying a Jersey especially in the CFL is buy without a name plate or buy a classic name and number. I learned that many years ago when I bought a #19 Shephard jersey and he was gone the following training camp.

My son ordered a 72 Erik Cole Canadiens jersey  and the day it came in the mail Cole was traded to  Dallas!
I did that years ago with #77 on my jerseys.
1960s - Hal Patterson
1970s - Tony Gabriel
1980s - Grover Covington
1990s - Mike Philbrick
2000s... - ???
No need to worry about player movement, especially in these days of free agency  :)

bobo82

The best thing to do while buying a Jersey especially in the CFL is buy without a name plate or buy a classic name and number. I learned that many years ago when I bought a #19 Shephard jersey and he was gone the following training camp.

My son ordered a 72 Erik Cole Canadiens jersey  and the day it came in the mail Cole was traded to  Dallas!
That's funny that you should mention about your son's #72 Erik Cole Canadiens jersey and  how he was traded to Dallas on the day it arrived . The reason it's so funny is that the exact same thing happened to my daughter's boyfriend when he ordered and finally got his Cole jersey .  ;D .

Speaking of Ti-Cats jerseys , I had a pair of them in the Eighties , a white visitors #31 Ben Zambiasi game jersey and a black home #16 Howard Fields game jersey . The Zambiasi shirt had a nameplate on the back but for whatever reason the Fields one never did get a nameplate put on it and I never did get around to getting one put on (can't remember exactly why now ) The thing of it is though is that for everyone who said to me "Hey nice #16 Fields shirt " I had just as many other people comment on how nice my #16 Chuck Ealey shirt was . 8)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

habcat

I did that years ago with #77 on my jerseys.
1960s - Hal Patterson
1970s - Tony Gabriel
1980s - Grover Covington
1990s - Mike Philbrick
2000s... - ???
No need to worry about player movement, especially in these days of free agency  :)
Yes exactly That 77 is good for the ages

habcat

That's funny that you should mention about your son's #72 Erik Cole Canadiens jersey and  how he was traded to Dallas on the day it arrived . The reason it's so funny is that the exact same thing happened to my daughter's boyfriend when he ordered and finally got his Cole jersey .  ;D .

Speaking of Ti-Cats jerseys , I had a pair of them in the Eighties , a white visitors #31 Ben Zambiasi game jersey and a black home #16 Howard Fields game jersey . The Zambiasi shirt had a nameplate on the back but for whatever reason the Fields one never did get a nameplate put on it and I never did get around to getting one put on (can't remember exactly why now ) The thing of it is though is that for everyone who said to me "Hey nice #16 Fields shirt " I had just as many other people comment on how nice my #16 Chuck Ealey shirt was . 8)
That is funny. My son didn't find it funny neither did i but I do now I don't think he's ever worn it...poor kid!

tabbiefanmcb

The #1 is cursed for the Ticats.  No one who has worn it has done anything much since Earl Winfield.  Casey Printers, Arland Bruce, Will Hill.  I'm sure there must be others I'm forgetting.
Burris!!!! :o :D (But don`t tell HIM that!)

jonny24eh

I'd have to agree, hard to tell who will stick around these days. My one Ticats jersey is Collaros, but if I get another I think I'll go with my own name, or a classic.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat\'em raw!

Users Online

77 Guests, 16 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
letsgoticats, Iconic SR, Lyle B. Style, Mark, Sidney, raymarkca, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Aerial, kwikkyd, bedrock, ed ohmnes, schmenger, KevinRiley2, pw13, Yahoo!, Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)