canadianfootballfan

I agree with the above, I would not want to give up a 1st.
That is why I suggested our 2nd round pick, I hope our 2019 2nd would be in the 16th pick or higher.
We do hold the MTL 2nd round pick from the Bomben trade, I suspect that pick could be the 10th overall pick.
By the time we bid every other team but MTL has bid and MTL cannot bid a 2nd because we hold their pick.
If another team bids a 1st we pass and our 2019 MTL 2nd becomes a 1st round pick(9th overall)  ;)

We are in a good position for this supp. draft.

The Supp. draft usually happens around late June/ early July
LOL... Your getting a little ahead of yourself there Grover. How do you know the Als pick will be the 10th. pick? possible, probable but there is a whole season of football to play and injuries can and do happen.
He can get as ahead of himself as he wants on his own teams board.  If it bothers you, then scurry on back to the Als forum where you belong, troll.

CrazyCanuck1988

Supplemental draft picks do have a poor track record, but all CFL picks do.

Our last four first overall picks:

• Chapman (too soon to tell)
  • Gaydosh (lots of injuries, played in 10 games here)
  • Barker (injuries forced retirement, great special teams player)
  • Bauman (never topped 300 receiving yds in a season)

Now I have no idea how the Ticats scouts feel about Tyler Johnstone.  But if they really like him, I wouldn't be afraid to give up a 1st round pick for him.
You forgot Simeon Rottier, 2009 first overall pick. Barker was 08 and Bauman 07.

HfxTC

That is why I suggested our 2nd round pick, I hope our 2019 2nd would be in the 16th pick or higher.
We do hold the MTL 2nd round pick from the Bomben trade, I suspect that pick could be the 10th overall pick.
By the time we bid every other team but MTL has bid and MTL cannot bid a 2nd because we hold their pick.
If another team bids a 1st we pass and our 2019 MTL 2nd becomes a 1st round pick(9th overall)  ;)

LOL... Your getting a little ahead of yourself there Grover. How do you know the Als pick will be the 10th. pick? possible, probable but there is a whole season of football to play and injuries can and do happen.
He can get as ahead of himself as he wants on his own teams board.  If it bothers you, then scurry on back to the Als forum where you belong, troll.
Grover and I have no issues. So don't bother.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

letsgoticats

Now I have no idea how the Ticats scouts feel about Tyler Johnstone.  But if they really like him, I wouldn't be afraid to give up a 1st round pick for him.
You forgot Simeon Rottier, 2009 first overall pick. Barker was 08 and Bauman 07.
Good point.  He ended up having a pretty good CFL career, but seemed like he always wanted to move back home (like many CFL players).  

canadianfootballfan

He can get as ahead of himself as he wants on his own teams board.  If it bothers you, then scurry on back to the Als forum where you belong, troll.
Grover and I have no issues. So don't bother.
My point wasn't if you had issues with Grover or not, but rather that you, an Als fan, are on the Ticat board picking apart things we say.  You do it constantly.

Stick to your teams board and CFL talk like any good forum member should.

schmenger

He has been doing that for years. Very little value from am an Allwets fan.

CrazyCanuck1988

Good point.  He ended up having a pretty good CFL career, but seemed like he always wanted to move back home (like many CFL players).  
It's funny after I mentioned him, he ends up announcing his retirement.

stevehvh

HfxTC has indeed been posting here for years. No wonder: this forum gets more posts than all the other team cfl.ca boards put together. Occasionally he says something that is a bit irritating, but a lot less so than some others do. He makes some very good observations too. He's not a troll in my books at all. The mods and Bob Young have made it plain that you don't have to be a Ticat fan to post here, and all are welcome as long as they follow the rules.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

CatsFaninOttawa

HfxTC has indeed been posting here for years. No wonder: this forum gets more posts than all the other team cfl.ca boards put together. Occasionally he says something that is a bit irritating, but a lot less so than some others do. He makes some very good observations too. He's not a troll in my books at all. The mods and Bob Young have made it plain that you don't have to be a Ticat fan to post here, and all are welcome as long as they follow the rules.
Totally agree. While I don't always agree with what he says, what he says is usually well thought out. I also don't remember him ever insulting other posters, unlike some on this board. And he also respects our space after a loss. Were he actually a troll, he'd be here with claws out at times like that.

Totally welcome in my opinion.

canadianfootballfan

IMO he has perfected the art of being a passive-aggressive troll.  He will add a couple "haha's" or winks, and doesn't insult anyone, but is still trolling.  Just in a beta male type of way.

These types of trolls are common among Als fans.  I'm not sure what it is about that team that attracts these kind of people.

There is no reason he cannot express his thoughts on the Ticats outside the Ticat board.  I don't go to the Als board, as I respect that as their space.  Most CFL fans on this board respect team boards as being for fans of that team, but not a few Als fans. 

Think about it...  the Riders have far more fans than any other team in the CFL, but we never really hear from any of them on here.  Only the passive-aggressive Als fans.

ExPat

Just in a beta male type of way.
What kind of person uses expressions like "beta male" anyway??

Between you and HfxTC, I believe only one has ever been banned for violating the policies of this board.

canadianfootballfan

Between you and HfxTC, I believe only one has ever been banned for violating the policies of this board.
I was never banned.  Obviously not since I'm still posting here.

I use the term beta male, as those are the types of guys that typically use passive-aggressive methods. 

FootbalYouBet

I was never banned.  Obviously not since I'm still posting here.

I use the term beta male, as those are the types of guys that typically use passive-aggressive methods.
define passive aggression
define beta male
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

PatLynch

HfxTC adds a lot of useful insights to this forum . Over the years, many posts reveal a deep understanding of the Canadian game . I find his posts to be respectful, unlike some of the nonsense on other sites like 3 Down. People like Grover, HfxTC, Bobo, Lenny, Mark, Steve, etc.  prove that our site has people who care about the CFL and can discuss their views in an intelligent manner.

Keep em coming HfxTC !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

150GAGE

Can someone show me where the rules say you can only post on your own teams board?

Unfortunately, I may have violated this rule as I have commented on other teams boards. My bad.

I was always under the impression, we are the CFL community, and we can respectfully disagree with each other regardless of forum. 
(By the way, I have not been told off on any other board but this one - by my fellow cat fans)

Users Online

85 Guests, 14 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, MadJack, Holy Mackinaw, football101, Hamilton2005, Grover, SeaFiddle, mike2579, hanker66, FormerlyTurkish, ExPat, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)