Grover

Here's another... in 32 years of coaching football at the professional and college levels, I do not see where Glanville has ever coached on a championship-winning team.
Well he is going to get a great chance to accomplish that this season!  :)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Slomojo2005

Here's another... in 32 years of coaching football at the professional and college levels, I do not see where Glanville has ever coached on a championship-winning team.
Well he is going to get a great chance to accomplish that this season!  :)
In spite of himself!

schmenger

Jay-sus !!! This guy is so old that he actually coached Warren Moon when there was still a Houston team called the Oilers in the NFL . That was only a mere 33 yrs ago  :o Even more crazier is the guy who he replaced as HC in Houston was none other than former CFL legend Hugh Campbell , late of the 5 Cups in a row Eskimo dynasty of the late seventies, early eighties . I guess that maybe the team hired him because Marv Levy wasn't available . 8)

HA HA HA!

This isn't as good as the Riders signing Vince Young last year, but close!

The dude is 76 friggin years old and hasn't coached in 9 years! He doesn't know the CFL game!

Even Jeff Reinebold is laughing at this one!!!
Just like were laughing at Kavin Reed.

PatLynch

Who  is Kavin Reed?  You probably believe that Chevy Orlando is our new/old coach . If you're going to be a critic, at least get the spelling right . ::)

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

schmenger

Kavin Reed as " to cave in". Lighten up about spelling!

Espo

Who  is Kavin Reed?  You probably believe that Chevy Orlando is our new/old coach . If you're going to be a critic, at least get the spelling right . ::)

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
ya, Lonnywasin, totally
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

beaglehound

CFLers,

We ask that you read carefully the Official Forum Guidelines and in particular the following:

"We strive to be welcoming to new members, gracious to those with differing opinions, and always mindful that the fans, athletes, coaches and officials who make the CFL possible are people worthy of our respect."

We ask that you afford the same respect to Jerry Glanville, a member of the Hamilton coaching staff as  expected of any other coach, or player or whomever associated with the CFL organization.   A number of disrespectful postings [including a pic] were recently removed.

Please use good judgement otherwise this thread will have to be locked.

my home team

There was a video piece on Jerry Glanville and his time with the Falcons on the NFL network over the weekend.

Rather timely.

letsgoticats

Hiring a 76 year old, who has only coached 5 seasons since 1994 seems absolutely insane to me.  Hope it works out, but I really don't have a great feeling about the move. 

Slomojo2005

Hiring a 76 year old, who has only coached 5 seasons since 1994 seems absolutely insane to me.  Hope it works out, but I really don't have a great feeling about the move.
I’m with you Letsgo.  I hope we are wrong but ?????????????????? 

schmenger

The post from Johnny the Tiger Cat slayer was removed because "You can not discriminate " because of age. So once we get that through our thick heads we will be reminded by the moderators to play nice in the sand box.

beaglehound

@ My Home Team,

You have breached the Forum Rules and Guidelines.  We ask you to go over the rules carefully.  Your recent post [5:00AM Tuesday Feb 27/18] has been removed.  Trolling is a violation of Forum Rules and Guidelines.  If in future, you take exception with the actions of the moderator team and would like something clarified,  refrain from using the CFL forums as your personal venue/platform.  You are welcome to contact any member of the moderator team via inbox.

Best Regards, 

The Moderator Team

letsgoticats

I hope Jerry brings back this look for October/November games.

everyman

I hope Jerry brings back this look for October/November games.

Yep...he did wear stuff like that on the sideline. He was Don Cherry of the NFL...It was really hard to take him seriously.
But what the heck...after KA's iron rule of seriousness maybe he's a breath of fresh air.

If you can believe his Ti cat coaches pic he certainly has not aged much visually.
Like Marv Levy and Dick Lebeau.

And Jones is younger than Pete Carroll in Seattle and Belichek in NE.

letsgoticats

Yep...he did wear stuff like that on the sideline. He was Don Cherry of the NFL...It was really hard to take him seriously.
But what the heck...after KA's iron rule of seriousness maybe he's a breath of fresh air.

If you can believe his Ti cat coaches pic he certainly has not aged much visually.
Like Marv Levy and Dick Lebeau.

And Jones is younger than Pete Carroll in Seattle and Belichek in NE.
Yep, old guys can still be successful coaches.  Dick Lebeau, Pete Carroll, and Belichek are all good examples. What worries me about Glanville is that in addition to his age, he hasn't coached in 9 years.  His last job was a terrible stint at a small NCAA school.  Not exactly inspiring.

Users Online

92 Guests, 6 Users (22 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, Lennywasout, Beam reach, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (18)

Most Online Today: 129. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)