pikk

Bring it on. I cant wait for the season to start. Grey cup baby.

everyman

Good lord. This guy was never a legitimate coach imo. Just a character. All bluster. He will entertain the media and spin yarns and be a good ole legend in his own mind.

Losing record in NFL...just about ruined Moon and ridiculed and dumped Favre.
Losing record in 7 playoff games

Dreadful record in NCAA

I presume he's going to be some form of consultant.??

Like Montreal hiring Stubler in some sort of consultants role.

These consultant guys never help. Just muddy the waters for the coordinators. Waaaay too much ego all around.

And before anyone suggests that June Jones was consultant's role in Ham...he was brought in to get familiar with CFL in order to get KA out of there.

Slomojo2005

Good lord. This guy was never a legitimate coach imo. Just a character. All bluster. He will entertain the media and spin yarns and be a good ole legend in his own mind.

Dreadful record in NCAA

These consultant guys never help. Just muddy the waters for the coordinators. Waaaay too much ego all around.

And before anyone suggests that June Jones was consultant's role in Ham...he was brought in to get familiar with CFL in order to get KA out of there.
Well put!  I have no faith in Jones’ abilities to do anything for our team. I hope they win in spite of what he does.  I dont marvel at his play calling of last year, lost us a few games. Is it part of the CFL learning curve as some would suggest?  I highly doubt it!  Jones also had a losing NFL record! Interesting combination they will make.
As Glanville put it “ Not For Long (NFL)” if this doesn’t work out. 
This what we have and this is what we will cheer for!  Full speed ahead folks.

SilverSurfer

I'll have to dust off my black cowboy boots to match Jerry's, will look good with a Ti-Cat Jersey ha-ha!!

EastVanMark

I think his stint in Hamilton will be described as Not For Long  ;)

On a side note: don’t let him anywhere near the qbs as his past evaluation of the position has been sketchy at best

Hank01

Dreadful record in NCAA

Well put!  I have no faith in Jones’ abilities to do anything for our team. I hope they win in spite of what he does.  I dont marvel at his play calling of last year, lost us a few games. Is it part of the CFL learning curve as some would suggest?  I highly doubt it!  Jones also had a losing NFL record! Interesting combination they will make.
  Doesn't Trestman have a losing record in the NFL . Hugh Campbell as well with Moon and  the NFL 's Oilers  . They both seem to have a good CFL career as coach . 

Hugh at 76 consulted with his son's team last year .

Nothing wrong with another set of eyes as some guys forget more than others will ever know . 

Lou Lamaoriello of the leafs is 75 . Scotty Bowman is 84 still consults . 

Sometimes you need to see first what the person has to offer and forget the stereotypes . I had low expectations for Jones and he over achieved with the Cats .

If he can groom a successor over the next couple of seasons you are further far ahead as his coaching style seems to have lit a fire under the players to perform with a heightened level of skill  and enthusiasm . 

Slomojo2005

Dreadful record in NCAA

Doesn't Trestman have a losing record in the NFL . Hugh Campbell as well with Moon and  the NFL 's Oilers  . They both seem to have a good CFL career as coach .

Nothing wrong with another set of eyes as some guys forget more than others will ever know .

Sometimes you need to see first what the person has to offer and forget the stereotypes . I had low expectations for Jones and he over achieved with the Cats .

If he can groom a successor over the next couple of seasons you are further far ahead as his coaching style seems to have lit a fire under the players to perform with a heightened level of skill  and enthusiasm .
Good points Hank.  I am still not a Jones believer/fan.  He stepped in at the right time and the “mood change” took over.  Nothing to so with him or his coaching amarts.  But, you make some good points.

my home team

Dreadful record in NCAA

They said the same thing of June Jones when he arrived here.

As a person in my sixties, I have been doing the same job for over 25 years. And I would suggest that with the experience and knowledge I have accumulated, I THINK I can perform better now than I did when I first started or even some years after that.

Time may take away some of your physical skills, the mental abilities will remain intact and may even improve over time.

tabbyfan

blackandgld

I agree that there is only one Bill Belichick . Of course the Patriot coach who will soon be 66 years old, has lost all of his mental faculties just like our June Jones who is 65 years old today . ::)  Happy birthday Coach Jones . The Riders' Chris Jones is 51 and therefore on the downside of his career because we all know that once you hit 50, as Vince Carter said " It's over !" ;)

Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K) with 12 Final Four appearances with the Duke Bluedevils is 71 . The man is toast .

I agree with my friend the "Dork". Chris Jones seems to be trying everything in order to succeed but his plan seems to all over the map . Perhaps he's too young or too old to be a successful coach . ;)

Pat Lynch (the old guy who thinks Jerry Glanville at 76 still has lots to give our Cats)
The guy hasn't coached in 8 years. has he been studying the CFL game since then?
If ever there was an old boys club hiring this would be it. I don't think Glanville will have a big role with the team nor do i think he should.

If you want to promote old boys clubs give me an energetic 76 year old with 40 years of CFL experience over this any day.

my home team

I agree that there is only one Bill Belichick . Of course the Patriot coach who will soon be 66 years old, has lost all of his mental faculties just like our June Jones who is 65 years old today . ::)  Happy birthday Coach Jones . The Riders' Chris Jones is 51 and therefore on the downside of his career because we all know that once you hit 50, as Vince Carter said " It's over !" ;)

Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K) with 12 Final Four appearances with the Duke Bluedevils is 71 . The man is toast .

I agree with my friend the "Dork". Chris Jones seems to be trying everything in order to succeed but his plan seems to all over the map . Perhaps he's too young or too old to be a successful coach . ;)

Pat Lynch (the old guy who thinks Jerry Glanville at 76 still has lots to give our Cats)
The guy hasn't coached in 8 years. has he been studying the CFL game since then?
If ever there was an old boys club hiring this would be it. I don't think Glanville will have a big role with the team nor do i think he should.

If you want to promote old boys clubs give me an energetic 76 year old with 40 years of CFL experience over this any day.
June Jones wasn't coaching at the professional ranks when the Tiger cats called him.

There may be other reasons why Glanville isn't in the big leagues. At 76, maybe the pressure is too much. The turnstile and circus that is being a head coach in the NFL and NCAA no longer appeals to him.

Perhaps, he enjoys coaching young people. Could be he wanted to be developing and molding talent.

It's not necessarily where you are, but what you know.

ExPat

Glanville at TiCats training camp at Mac last year posing with Marshall Ferguson
He was invited by Coach Reinebold

Reinebold has done a good job of rebuilding the Ticats coaching staff, bringing in both Glanville and Jones.  (It didn't exactly help him here though.)

Slomojo2005

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/11/former-nfl-head-coach-jerry-glanville-joins-ticats-coaching-staff-2/

:o
76!?
One of the great football minds of all time. Who cares if he has to use a golf cart.
I totally agree with HfxTC.  

Fans posting on this message board complain about the dumbest things!

Glanville isn't PLAYING.  He is COACHING.  The older a coach is, the more experience and knowledge they bring to the table.  Age is not a negative for a coach.  It's a positive.
He is only a great football mind if he actually does something and contributes to the TiCats.  Otherwise, he is washed up!  I’m not a spring chicken myself ar +60 but I have the good sense to see that a 76year old mind is not same as a 40-50 year old one.  Sorry folks.  Not a fan of the “geritol” movement!  

Palmer

He is only a great football mind if he actually does something and contributes to the TiCats.  Otherwise, he is washed up!  I’m not a spring chicken myself ar +60 but I have the good sense to see that a 76year old mind is not same as a 40-50 year old one.  Sorry folks.  Not a fan of the “geritol” movement!  
I'm 70+ and don't have anywhere near the energy nor the stamina to put in 12-15 hour working days or run around on a football field for a couple of hours each day.  More power to Glanville if he can do it, but I think he might be a better off as a "consultant" than an everyday Co-ordinator.

Not ageism in my case, just cold reality.

Lennywasout

Slomo.....I can see both sides. I too am in the 60+ age bracket and have friends in their mid to late 70’s who are as sharp and physically fit as can be.  Others not so much.  
Everyone is different but my guess is most in their mid 70’s are not physically up to the rigours of training camp and a full season of long, long days.  I’m in great health but wouldn’t ever entertain working 16 hour days for months.  
My personal opinion is that this is another example Jones hiring his buddy because his buddy needs money. I don’t see how someone with NO CFL EXPERIENCE can possibly step right into a DC role regardless of age.  I hope I’m wrong but I think it’s a huge mistake. Having Orlando back is one way to mitigate the risk.

Users Online

99 Guests, 18 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
oskee7777, TheCrazyCatLady, letsgoticats, ticat1, FootbalYouBet, GHT120, fireeater, Augustus67, DisplacedCatsFan, MtnCat, Fred C Dobbs, BillyDee87, TravelPat1, Chestmaster, mike619, Lyle B. Style, Google (AdSense) (10), Google (2)

Most Online Today: 167. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)