Grover

Ottawa Redblacks release receivers Kenny Shaw, Quincy McDuffie and Joshua Stangby

“They were disappointed, a little bitter,” Desjardins said. “Bitter in the sense that, ‘We’ll see you on the field’ type of thing.

http://ottawasun.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/ottawa-redblacks-release-receivers-kenny-shaw-quincy-mcduffie-and-joshua-stangby

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

of course

Ottawa must have cap issues.

Onemoredork

"Bitter", of course,  when the release is preceded by a pay cut request which Marcel neglected to mention.

Palmer

Always liked McDuffie.  Could be a good addition to the Cats as a punt returner/receiver.  Maybe not as fast as Banks, but bigger and still very quick.  Don't know who he would replace as a receiver, but would be a nice insurance policy.  Maybe alternate with Banks, depending on game situations.  Maybe too expensive to be regulated to back-up?

TheBreeze

He would be a good addition to our roster, as a kick returner and occasional receiver. Last time he was here, we had Banks and Sinkfield, so there was no room on the roster for him

Onemoredork

Maybe he wont come here because of Austin. Maybe theres no money because its all "earmarked for Manziel". 

Crash

"Bitter", of course,  when the release is preceded by a pay cut request which Marcel neglected to mention.
Par for the course for Marcel. Sign a contract, play a season. Offer a pay cut. Release the player. 

He's out of a job the day that loophole is closed.

ottawacat

Always liked McDuffie.  Could be a good addition to the Cats as a punt returner/receiver.  Maybe not as fast as Banks, but bigger and still very quick.  Don't know who he would replace as a receiver, but would be a nice insurance policy.  Maybe alternate with Banks, depending on game situations.  Maybe too expensive to be regulated to back-up?
I'm with you, Palmer, on always liking McDuffie, but I think you hit the nail right on the head with your final statement.  This report suggests he was getting more than $150K in Ottawa:

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/03/redblacks-releases-create-cap-space-questions/

Grover

PatLynch

I wonder if the Ottawas are clearing cap space for Cdn. linebacker Muamba ?  Maybe they'll trade for Johnny Footballhead . Their #1 and #2 draft pick would be fine with me .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Mark

Crash

Always liked McDuffie.  Could be a good addition to the Cats as a punt returner/receiver.  Maybe not as fast as Banks, but bigger and still very quick.  Don't know who he would replace as a receiver, but would be a nice insurance policy.  Maybe alternate with Banks, depending on game situations.  Maybe too expensive to be regulated to back-up?
I'm with you, Palmer, on always liking McDuffie, but I think you hit the nail right on the head with your final statement.  This report suggests he was getting more than $150K in Ottawa:

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/03/redblacks-releases-create-cap-space-questions/
There is no better example of Marcel overpaying a player to get them in town then after a year going for the pay cut. 
Seen it time and time again 

Users Online

70 Guests, 7 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
shadowski, FootbalYouBet, Wumper, 97valkyrie, TommyBoy1, rshmglsky, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)