ticats1963

I heard that Mike Daly is getting the starting reps over Courtney Stephen. What is that all about?? Don't tell me they're about to do what they did to Bomben and Kanneh.... Stephen offers way too much versatility to let him go

canadianfootballfan

Source?  Seems like a made up claim to me.

blackandgld

Daley has been good when given the chance. I have NP with either starting for us at safety. I actually wondered if Daley would be an option at SAM.

ticats1963

Open practice, Stephen isn't starting... crazy!!
Daly has been good, but don't think he should be starting over Stephen.

canadianfootballfan

The backups also practice.

tabbiefan72

From what I heard in the Jones presser today, it sounds like both could play.  Or are they maybe going to shift Stephen to to the corner where he played well about 3 years ago?  Jones was a bit coy about it when asked.  I expect that Jones will do the unpredictable from time to time which is fine - as long as it works!   :D

canadianfootballfan

From what I heard in the Jones presser today, it sounds like both could play.  Or are they maybe going to shift Stephen to to the corner where he played well about 3 years ago?  Jones was a bit coy about it when asked.  I expect that Jones will do the unpredictable from time to time which is fine - as long as it works!   :D
He's not going to tell the media who all the starters are.  Even though teams have to release depth charts the day before the game - him telling them today who starts where would give Calgary extra time to watch film on those guys.

They only ever will tell the media a small fraction of all there is to actually know.  If you want the inside scoop you need a job on the team.

of course

Daly has a nose for the ball.  He often goes for the pick.  I'm glad if he's going to play more this year. 

ticats1963

Daly has a nose for the ball.  He often goes for the pick.  I'm glad if he's going to play more this year.
I still like Stephen over him. He’s a veteran with a lot of experience at S and CB. He has played well for us the last few years, don’t know wh Glanville would change it up (sounds like they are going to from June’s press release).

Tipper

Daly has a nose for the ball.  He often goes for the pick.  I'm glad if he's going to play more this year.
I still like Stephen over him. He’s a veteran with a lot of experience at S and CB. He has played well for us the last few years, don’t know wh Glanville would change it up (sounds like they are going to from June’s press release).
8)  In Glanville we trust !!!   ;) :)

J_15

Daly is listed as starting over Stephen in the depth chart that was released. Maybe the plan is to rotate them in?

CatsFaninOttawa

Or maybe Stephen will take a few plays at corner?

Espo

Stephen probably just a bit dinged up from camp.  Good enough to play, but why not give Daly (who had a good camp) the start.

(in case it wasn't clear this is just a guess.)  
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

tabbiefan72

Stephen probably just a bit dinged up from camp.  Good enough to play, but why not give Daly (who had a good camp) the start.

(in case it wasn't clear this is just a guess.)  
Exactly Espo - as our all of our comments on here - just guesswork on our part.  That's part of the fun of being a fan - trying to speculate on what the coaches might do in a game and Jones is new enough as HC that we really don't know just what he might have up his sleeve.  :)

canadianfootballfan

Source?  Seems like a made up claim to me.
I take this back.  You were 100% correct.

Users Online

48 Guests, 2 Users (6 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, ExPat, Google (AdSense), Google (4), Alexa

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)