mr62cats

A couple of thoughts:

- Collaros needs to be properly evaluated now that Austin is no longer the Head Coach. If can show he is still the starting QB then we use him all the way through the re-build.

-if the Tiger-Cats are having second thoughts about the money they agreed to pay Collaros the finger should be pointed at Scott Mitchell. He's the same guy who made Austin VP Football Operations, GM and Head Coach.
And if I had the time I could go back over the past 10 years and find a whole lot of other bad decisions that have been made by Mitchell.

cats99

Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

relic7

I can't believe we're having this discussion.  Zach is best quarterback on the team.  He's lost confidence in the coaching staff because the O-Line doesn't give him enough time to throw the ball.  Fix the O-Line for next season and Collaros will regain his 2015 success, knowing he has the necessary protection to execute plays, and his salary, won't matter, because the results on the field will improve.  Masoli's numbers also weren't impressive against a terriblly looking argos team the other night.  When Ottawa kicks our butts this weekend, I think Zach will have an opportunity to start with Jones as head coach either next Friday against Saskatchewan or the following week in BC.

It's the old cliche; take care of the quarterback, and the quarterback will take care of the team.

I hope our Ticats braintrust isn't stupid enough to get rid of Collaros in favour of Masoli or someone else like Manziel.
I'm glad someone can see that Zach is a good starting QB...Sure there may have been a barking match with Austin but Kent just had too many jobs...I hope the hell this new HC can see that we need Zach in against Ottawa...or at least come off the bench to put a mix into things!!!

Palmer

I'm glad someone can see that Zach is a good starting QB...Sure there may have been a barking match with Austin but Kent just had too many jobs...I hope the hell this new HC can see that we need Zach in against Ottawa...or at least come off the bench to put a mix into things!!!
That's why I think it is for attitude adjustment, not ability adjustments, that he is benched.

tabbyfan

I said it on page 2.

Espo

Well if Collaros is still a real qb, their should be some good trade offers.  
Totally....  because QBs get massive returns regardless of how they're doing

MISSISSAUGA – In one of the most significant trades in team history, the Toronto Argonauts Football Club has acquired two-time Grey Cup champion and elite QB Ricky Ray from the Edm onton Eskimos in exchange for import QB Steven Jyles, non-import K Grant Shaw and the Argos’ first pick in the 2012 CFL Canadian Draft.
big bag of nothing for 2011 ricky ray....

Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

6ft6ofgoodness

I can't believe we're having this discussion.  Zach is best quarterback on the team.  He's lost confidence in the coaching staff because the O-Line doesn't give him enough time to throw the ball.  Fix the O-Line for next season and Collaros will regain his 2015 success, knowing he has the necessary protection to execute plays, and his salary, won't matter, because the results on the field will improve.  Masoli's numbers also weren't impressive against a terriblly looking argos team the other night.  When Ottawa kicks our butts this weekend, I think Zach will have an opportunity to start with Jones as head coach either next Friday against Saskatchewan or the following week in BC.

It's the old cliche; take care of the quarterback, and the quarterback will take care of the team.

I hope our Ticats braintrust isn't stupid enough to get rid of Collaros in favour of Masoli or someone else like Manziel.
I think the "blame the O-line" ship has sailed.  Same O-line in front of Jeremiah, and with supposedly less skills, he pulled off the win.  Now the Collaros apologists will give us the "Toronto played badly" excuse, but the fact remains, Jeremiah gets the job done, Zach does not.  Jeremiah does it cheaper, and more importantly, does it.

Masoli is a little more mobile then Collaros, which buys him more time to get rid of the football, and makes the offensive line look better then it actually is.  But give Collaros a solid O-Line and you've got a QB that has more poise and confidence in the pocket, with a stronger, more accurate arm, than Masoli, which will lead to a more productive offensive and more points.  And for the record, the argos did play a poor game, which affected the outcome, and our Masoli lead Ticats barely hung onto win the game by 2 points.

of course

Lulay tore his ACL last night.  BC has no one behind Jennings at QB, and they are fighting to make the playoffs.

I predict Collaros will be traded to BC. 

slimjim2

Lulay tore his ACL last night.  BC has no one behind Jennings at QB, and they are fighting to make the playoffs.

Possibility,  but who do they get in return?  maybe one of their speedy receivers,  Arceneaux,  Burnham.

bobo82

Possibility,  but who do they get in return?  maybe one of their speedy receivers,  Arceneaux,  Burnham.
Chris Williams  :o
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Crash

Collaros would be traded at his absolute lowest point in value. I think everybody would need to lower their expectations. No change we get any of their starting receivers for a Zach and his contract.

I can see it now. We trade Zach for a couple draft picks and a Canadian depth player and this place goes nuts again.

In a weird ironic twist some think Zach is worth trading for top talent but he isn't good enough to start over Masoli.

ottawacat

I'd be shocked if Wally, of all CFL GM's, agreed to take on Zach's contract, regardless of who, or what, he might trade for him.

HfxTC

For Collaros to be a tradeable commodity, he would have to accept to write off his contract and with Toronto interested. His agent probably prefers to let his client hit free agency. Then they can make the deal with the team they want and that wants him.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

seymour

For Collaros to be a tradeable commodity, he would have to accept to write off his contract and with Toronto interested. His agent probably prefers to let his client hit free agency. Then they can make the deal with the team they want and that wants him.
If, after a few games, Masoli shows that he can execute the offense as well or better than Collaros has shown lately, I do not see why the team would continue to be burdened by Collaros' salary. In my opinion, at that point, Jones will be committed to Masoli and you do not pay a back-up QB a salary of $520,000+ in this league.

I think Collaros might agree to rewrite his contract if a trade were negotiated whereby he could start fresh and reunite with Condell and play under Trestman.

DisplacedCatsFan

If, after a few games, Masoli shows that he can execute the offense as well or better than Collaros has shown lately, I do not see why the team would continue to be burdened by Collaros' salary. In my opinion, at that point, Jones will be committed to Masoli and you do not pay a back-up QB a salary of $520,000+ in this league.

I think Collaros might agree to rewrite his contract if a trade were negotiated whereby he could start fresh and reunite with Condell and play under Trestman.
And what happens if Masoli falls flat on his face, and Zach comes in to win the game? 
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

Users Online

91 Guests, 14 Users (13 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lennywasout, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, papazoola, PacoAls2017, ExPat, dcmoses, SteelCitySteve, schmenger, Taleback, Yahoo!, Google (11), Alexa

Most Online Today: 144. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)