Palmer

The Austin Collaros relationship clearly hit the rocks this year.  It is possible that Austin (wearer of many hats) wanted to teach Zach a lesson and get out of the contract so set him up for failure.  How else do you explain the same crap plays game in and game out.  All of sudden Jones is in charge and gets the ball to Speedy B as much as possible.  Given the same plays and support Zac may have performed better but in the end you had 2 massive egos smashing into one another.
So, you're suggesting that Austin, originally Zach's staunchest supporter, and granter of the $500,000/yr contract for some reason decided to teach Zach some kind of a lesson by calling badly designed and poorly timed plays?  This was to make Zach look bad, and then allow Austin to terminate the contract that he himself negotiated and crowed about as locking up Zach through 2018?

Would it not be easier and much simpler to do what Jones did?  Just bench Zach and then announce that he wasn't happy with his play?  I think it is more likely that Zach read too many of his clippings about when he returned from injury he would be the team saviour ("Just wait until Zach is back", we all clammered).  When he couldn't deliver, he started blaming everyone else, including his patron, Austin.  Bit the hand that fed him once too often and is now paying for it.

FormerlyTurkish

Just saying. It's possible.   Clearly something happened to sour their relationship. It's possible Austin the CO may have had seconds thoughts and saw Zac was performeting poorly...just like with Speedy B if you want to stay with the team...paycut.  

Palmer

Just saying. It's possible.   Clearly something happened to sour their relationship. It's possible Austin the CO may have had seconds thoughts and saw Zac was performeting poorly...just like with Speedy B if you want to stay with the team...paycut.  
I suppose it is like most relationships that hit the rocks.  Blame is on both sides, especially when, as you say, egos are involved.  A couple of very competitive personalities as well.

Still, I am reluctant to accept that Austin would jeoprodize the entires team's fortunes, and possibly his own career, just to take a shot at Zach.

seamack3

What,s the price of not having a real QB?

Is it worth it to chase your own tail in finding one with multiple bad seasons like MTL since Calvillo left ?
Apparently, the price of not having a real QB is $540,000 through 2018, plus whatever we are paying the back-up to start for us.
Collaros isnt a real qb ?
Willing to throw away a slumping qb in return for gawd knows what ?

It can take years to recover from a short term panic attack.
Well if Collaros is still a real qb, their should be some good trade offers.  Now as long as the Cats don't panic and get rid of their 'new' starter, there's reason to be optimistic for playoffs this year.  Otherwise Masoli could become the next AC for another team... pity.

6ft6ofgoodness

I can't believe we're having this discussion.  Zach is best quarterback on the team.  He's lost confidence in the coaching staff because the O-Line doesn't give him enough time to throw the ball.  Fix the O-Line for next season and Collaros will regain his 2015 success, knowing he has the necessary protection to execute plays, and his salary, won't matter, because the results on the field will improve.  Masoli's numbers also weren't impressive against a terriblly looking argos team the other night.  When Ottawa kicks our butts this weekend, I think Zach will have an opportunity to start with Jones as head coach either next Friday against Saskatchewan or the following week in BC.

It's the old cliche; take care of the quarterback, and the quarterback will take care of the team.

I hope our Ticats braintrust isn't stupid enough to get rid of Collaros in favour of Masoli or someone else like Manziel.

Palmer

I can't believe we're having this discussion.  Zach is best quarterback on the team.  He's lost confidence in the coaching staff because the O-Line doesn't give him enough time to throw the ball.  Fix the O-Line for next season and Collaros will regain his 2015 success, knowing he has the necessary protection to execute plays, and his salary, won't matter, because the results on the field will improve.  Masoli's numbers also weren't impressive against a terriblly looking argos team the other night.  When Ottawa kicks our butts this weekend, I think Zach will have an opportunity to start with Jones as head coach either next Friday against Saskatchewan or the following week in BC.

It's the old cliche; take care of the quarterback, and the quarterback will take care of the team.

I hope our Ticats braintrust isn't stupid enough to get rid of Collaros in favour of Masoli or someone else like Manziel.
I think the "blame the O-line" ship has sailed.  Same O-line in front of Jeremiah, and with supposedly less skills, he pulled off the win.  Now the Collaros apologists will give us the "Toronto played badly" excuse, but the fact remains, Jeremiah gets the job done, Zach does not.  Jeremiah does it cheaper, and more importantly, does it.

ExPat

The Austin Collaros relationship clearly hit the rocks this year.  It is possible that Austin (wearer of many hats) wanted to teach Zach a lesson and get out of the contract so set him up for failure.  How else do you explain the same crap plays game in and game out.  All of sudden Jones is in charge and gets the ball to Speedy B as much as possible.  Given the same plays and support Zac may have performed better but in the end you had 2 massive egos smashing into one another.
I think it's absurd to say that Austin would sabotage the whole season just to mess with Collaros. 

To me what really happened is obvious:  Austin sabotaged the whole season just to mess with Luke Tasker. 

vjcos

The way the O Line is playing It doesn't matter who the QB is.
 Zak and his receivers need more than two or three seconds to run a route  or let a play develop.
I really don't think it matters who you've got in there under centre if he's going to constantly running for his life

HfxTC

It's going to be the Calvillo story again a broken record ! Build the O line and receiving
Core ?! What do you think a Johnny Manziel would command ?!$ now that's a big risk
It can't be. Calvillo was 23 and for the first few years in Montreal after backing up Tracy for a season and a half he had a wall in front of him and the greatest running back in the history of the CFL to hand off the ball to almost 30 times a game.

Collaros is almost 30 and has suffered serious injuries. The only way it makes sense to keep him is if he accepts the kind of deal Tate and Lulay accepted to stay with their respective teams. Otherwise it makes more sense to go with Masoli and reinvest the 500k up and down the roster.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

okie

I am expecting Johnny Manziel will be signed eventually.  Maybe this season.  If not, definitely before mini-camp 2018.  They want him.  He wants them.  First step that must be taken is the Ti-Cats need to get rid of Collaros and his big salary.

slimjim2

I am expecting Johnny Manziel will be signed eventually.  Maybe this season.  If not, definitely before mini-camp 2018.  They want him.  He wants them.  First step that must be taken is the Ti-Cats need to get rid of Collaros and his big salary.
Manziel is a pretty young guy too, so much potential,  they should be developing him and practicing with the team now.

bobo82

I am expecting Johnny Manziel will be signed eventually.  Maybe this season.  If not, definitely before mini-camp 2018.  They want him.  He wants them.  First step that must be taken is the Ti-Cats need to get rid of Collaros and his big salary.
GO Johnny GO........In as , as far away as you can from Hamilton . Still can't figure out for the life of me why some supposedly knowledgeable football people think that signing this Effing little twit is a good idea ? (insert multiple thumbs down here )

If  this moron didn't take the NFL seriously then just what makes anybody think that he'll take the CFL seriously ? Don't want him , don't need him , Big , Big NO , NO , NO to Moronziel !!! . Trust me , it'll be a Huge Mistake if this team signs this lowlife  A-hole to a contract . (insert more multiple thumbs down here ) This guy is Not the answer to what ails this team .

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Killer91

GO Johnny GO........In as , as far away as you can from Hamilton . Still can't figure out for the life of me why some supposedly knowledgeable football people think that signing this Effing little twit is a good idea ? (insert multiple thumbs down here )

If  this moron didn't take the NFL seriously then just what makes anybody think that he'll take the CFL seriously ? Don't want him , don't need him , Big , Big NO , NO , NO to Moronziel !!! . Trust me , it'll be a Huge Mistake if this team signs this lowlife  A-hole to a contract . (insert more multiple thumbs down here ) This guy is Not the answer to what ails this team .

Too funny.
Signing Johnny might be the only thing that gets rid of this senior management team. Though it will probably cost us 3 more years of not making the playoffs in a 9 team league.  We seem to have a lot of patience though the way we threw this year away.

blackandgld

Is Manzeil talented...YUP
Would he generate North American interest if he signed...YUP
Would TMZ visit Hamilton...YUP
Would all college and pro players actually then know about the Hamilton Tiger Cats...YUP
Has Manzeil shown zero ability to keep his professional life on track...YUP

The obvious but not spoken about much truth about Manzeil is if the Cats take the huge risk, he stays on track (Very doubtful) he will bolt the CFL after the minimal contract term and head back to the NFL.
No doubt in my mind.
Thus this guy is not worth the time, effort and risk.

relic7

Maybe not worth that yet this year but I believe he will be & great for years to come...plain stupid to even think about trading him...and as far as the money they might think about a renegotiation...I'm sure he would understand seeing the year that he has had.He should have went in for awhile during the last game but better go in against Ottawa...the Cats will need their "A" game!

Users Online

91 Guests, 15 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lennywasout, PacoAls2017, ExPat, dcmoses, SteelCitySteve, Mightygoose, schmenger, Taleback, Rider_6, ed ohmnes, bedrock, ArgoT, Cool, Yahoo!, Google (9), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 144. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)