Killer91

What happened to Lolley? I never heard anything about his departure.
Too young and inexperienced?

Grover

Lolley was offered another position other than DC on the team but declined.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

bobo82

I find it rather curious that Lolley before being promoted to DC was originally hired as the teams Linebackers coach last year and now it seems that the new Jones coaching staff doesn't even list anybody as a coach in that area .

Defense Coordinator - Jerry Glanville
Defensive Line - Dennis McPhee
Defensive Backs - William Fields
Linebackers - ??
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Killer91

Thanks for the update.
I didn't have a great feeling about Lolley but I think he did a good job. The D often bent but didn't break in some key situations other than that pass interfence call against Calgary.  I thought he did a good job.
As far as Jerry Glanville, I have that same feeling.

blackandgld

Henry Burris has a take that I actually for once agree with...
"So there’s lots of questions that have to be answered and only time’s going to tell if this thing is going to work out. But again, Jerry Glanville doesn’t have experience in the CFL, so I don’t know why they gave him this. I think it was just more of a payback for the things he did for their head coach throughout his NFL career.”"

Onemoredork

Henry Burris has a take that I actually for once agree with...
"So there’s lots of questions that have to be answered and only time’s going to tell if this thing is going to work out. But again, Jerry Glanville doesn’t have experience in the CFL, so I don’t know why they gave him this. I think it was just more of a payback for the things he did for their head coach throughout his NFL career.”"
And such questions were beaten to death in a 6 page Glanville thread, and yet again in a "coaching structure" thread. Pointless to stir it up again.....
Unless that is the purpose.

Black and Gold

Bob Young has certainly done his part in providing the team the necessary $$$ for management to assemble a large, experienced and high priced coaching staff. I too question the decision to hire a DC that is 76 yo (Glanville), has no CFL experience and hasn't had a major coaching gig in the better part of a decade.

Let's hope that the last 10 games of 2017 is truly a reflection of the team's ability (the nucleus for 2018 is still intact, with little improvement via FA) and JJ's ability to coach & motivate.

Grover

So Arblows DC Chamblin is officially gone and they promoted their LB Coach to DC
Seems Glanville's resume is much stronger and we have Orlondo to oversee

Argos to name Mike Archer defensive coordinator
Posted on March 16, 2018 by Justin Dunk // 7 Comments

The Toronto Argonauts will name Mike Archer defensive coordinator, per sources.
Archer will replace Corey Chamblin who told the team he doesn’t plan on returning for the 2018 season after serving as defensive coordinator on the Argonauts 2017 Grey Cup championship team.
Archer was brought on the Argos defensive staff by Chamblin last year to coach linebackers. The 64-year-old has over 30 seasons of NCAA coaching experience, including a four-year stint as head coach at Louisiana State University where the LSU Tigers went 27-18-1 while winning a Southeastern Conference Championship in 1988.
Archer coached linebackers for the Pittsburgh Steelers for seven seasons from 1996-2002. The Argonauts were his first coaching role in the CFL. As a player, Archer was a defensive back for the University of Miami where he earned a masters degree in education. He won a National Championship as Hurricanes defensive backs coach in 1983.
Archer’s replacement as linebackers coach is expected to be Greg Quick, who has served as linebackers coach in Montreal for the last two seasons and took a more active role in defensive game planning after Kavis Reed fired Noel Thorpe last September.

Users Online

106 Guests, 14 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Cool, J_15, Oskie18, Hamilton2005, Reggiemac, Mightygoose, of course, Grover, ExPat, ploen_truth, ticat1, Balticfox, hanker66, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)