Grover

Isn't the date Thurs Oct 12 4pm?!

Will we see any moves the next two days?
I believe it is Wed. Oct. 11 @ 4 PM EST(unconfimed)

Important dates
https://stats.cfldb.ca

• July 1, 2017 8:00 PM CDT — Canada Day Game — Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
  • Aug. 31, 2017–Sept. 4, 2017 — Labour Day Weekend Games
  • Sept. 15, 2017 6:00 PM CDT — Hall of Fame Game — Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
  • Oct. 6–27, 2017 — CFL Pink Games in support of tackling women's cancers (Weeks 16-19)
  • Oct. 9, 2017 1:00 PM CDT — Thanksgiving Day Game — Edmonton @ Montreal
  • Oct. 11, 2017 2:59 PM CDT — 2017 CFL Trade Deadline (Unconfirmed)
  • Nov. 12, 2017 — East and West Semi-finals
  • Nov. 19, 2017 — East and West Finals
  • Nov. 22–26, 2017 — 105th Grey Cup Festival, Ottawa, ON
  • Nov. 26, 2017 5:30 PM CST — 105th Grey Cup Championship, Ottawa, ON

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

djrobertson2017

SHOULD THE TICATS TRADE COLLAROS BEFORE THE DEADLINE?

stevehvh

No. What if Masoli gets hurt? They can trade Collaros in the off-season.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Count Floyd

No, but they should trade Manziel's rights.

Palmer

No. What if Masoli gets hurt? They can trade Collaros in the off-season.
Agree fully.  Maybe even give him some playing time yet, although we already have a good idea of what he is capable of doing.

Grover

Maybe WPG will pay a premium for Collaros.

Looks like Nichols finger is thrashed.  :-\

At WPG practice today

of course

TSN.ca just ran a story saying Nichols threw well at practice today, but Grover's photo suggests the hand could be an issue going forward.

I agree that with the Bombers thinking they can make a run this year, Winnipeg might be willing to trade for Collaros.

safetyblitz

I agree that with the Bombers thinking they can make a run this year, Winnipeg might be willing to trade for Collaros.
Even so, it's hard to imagine Winnipeg offering enough to make it worth our while. The logicial thing to seek in a trade like this is a quality Canadian, and the only really tempting assett Winnipeg has in that regard is Andrew Harris, who obviously won't be on the table. I'd say Loffler, but I think Courtney Stephen has played well for us.

Draft picks maybe? Or part of some kind of package trade?

I'm thinking it's unlikely any deal will get done. It's late in the season for Collaros to make an impact anyway, unless Nichols is completely non-functional.

SilverSurfer

I would have to think that Winnipeg is nearly capped out for money to spend and especially with the price tag for Zach Collaros.

Possibly Montreal, BC or Sask, I would think Montreal might be a contender given the fact that they are already out of the playoff picture for this year.

If not than agreed maybe it's best just to keep Collaros around in case the Cats make the playoffs and in case Mazola was to get injured. Still some possibilities on the table?

GO CATS GO!!!

Grover

Just watched June Jones post practice presser and he said that Zach isn't going to be traded.
He wants him on the team.

NZFan

Just watched June Jones post practice presser and he said that Zach isn't going to be traded.
He wants him on the team.
The team must be lovin' this guy...what a breath of fresh (winning) air.  ;)

danoc_86

Happy to hear He want Zach on his team .... June Jones seems like a lot of fun. I imagine he would be a fun guy to sit with and have some pops with probably has a lot of interesting football stories 

Grover

I thought you weren't allowed pads in practice anymore??

bobo82

DB Emanuel Davis not playing tonight ? Healthy scratch ? Maybe he is trade bait also ?
I hope not...he's been one of our best cover guys....
I hope not as well . I'm sure that there will be teams putting out feelers for Chop and seeing if they can pry him away from us . I think though that E.D. will be safe and still with us after the trade deadline . One would have to think that with all the instability and shuffling in and out this season due to injuries among other things as well in the secondary that unless the offer is too good to be true that Davis will not be going anywhere . Especially now that the early reports out from practice this week are that Kanneh is not 100% and possibly injured again after finally getting back into the starting line-up after missing the majority of the season on the 6 gm .

I'm going to predict that the trade deadline will come and go and we will see none of the team's big ticket items moved as it seems that we already made our big moves prior to the deadline when we moved CJ to Edmonton and also acquired Chambers in another trade with the Eskimos a few games back to pair up with a finally healthy Fantuz to shore up one of our major weaknesses this season which was our rather pathetic and feeble sub-par excuses for Cdn receivers that we were saddled with before acquiring Chambers and finally getting the Tuz back up and running again for the stretch drive .

This team has had good chemistry and is just starting to gel nicely since JJ took over as HC . I honestly don't think that he wants to mess with a good thing and will not want to mix  things up to much and will go with what we've got going down the stretch drive and let the chips fall as they may in the final four games of the regular season .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

ottawacat

I miss Tiquon Underwood
He's on the team that's most likely, of any I'd say, to move out a name or two through trade deadline deals today.

Users Online

105 Guests, 12 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, Abendschan, KevinRiley2, dcmoses, steeltownguy, Mark, jim43bob, bobo82, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)