djrobertson2017

CFL trading deadline on Wednesday

you can all start talking about the possible trades

Gerbear20

I imagine that Collaros ( 500 +k )  and Ted Laurents ( 275 k )  names will be bandied about .

I think it is possible sask or montreal or maybe even toronto would have interest in Collaros.
I don;t think Glenn is that good and is getting too old ..and montreal's qb situation is in a bit of a mess
i am also not sure how many years ray has left or when he plans to retire but right now he is looking good and that he has at least a few good years left

hopefully we are not in a position that we have to cut collaros and then toronto pick him up and pay him backup qb money 

Hamilton management is confusing me because if they they thought they had a chance this year they would not have traded Chick and they would have went out and got a decent non import receiver like chambers sooner than they did with fantuz down and they would have replaced chick with a few good de's or at least bring in some nfl cuts to see if we can get a pass rush from the two de spots
we also have mostly rookies at db spots .

mightypope

Hamilton management is confusing me because if they they thought they had a chance this year they would not have traded Chick
Gerbear, what is this love affair that you have with John Chick? Yes, he played very well for the 'Cats last year, but that was last year. This year for the first half of the season he was invisible, providing very little in the way of pressure or sacks. Did you watch any of the first eight games? You cry and cry and cry about the lack of pressure from our defensive ends so I'll ask the question once again. Did you watch John Chick play in the first half of this season? Due to his high salary and little production he was traded and rightly so. Have you watched him play for Edmonton since the trade? Enough about Chick already.

safetyblitz

The only team that needs immediate help at QB is MTL, and they're pretty much eliminated already anyway, so there's no pressure on them to make a deal.

If SK or Toronto is interested, it will be with an eye to next year. While SK has yanked Glenn a few times, I'd be shocked if they tried to insert Collaros, who's had a lousy year, with only 5 games left on their schedule.

They can all afford to simply wait to see if Hamilton will release him to shed the cap hit. Nobody will want to take over his current contract *and* give up assets in a trade.

TeddyFay

Is there any chance that Collaros will renegotiate his contract like Banks did last season and come back for less money to try to win his job back? Wishful thinking?

Tipper

Hamilton management is confusing me because if they they thought they had a chance this year they would not have traded Chick
Gerbear, what is this love affair that you have with John Chick? Yes, he played very well for the 'Cats last year, but that was last year. This year for the first half of the season he was invisible, providing very little in the way of pressure or sacks. Did you watch any of the first eight games? You cry and cry and cry about the lack of pressure from our defensive ends so I'll ask the question once again. Did you watch John Chick play in the first half of this season? Due to his high salary and little production he was traded and rightly so. Have you watched him play for Edmonton since the trade? Enough about Chick already.
8) I agree with you 100% pope !!
    I too am sick of hearing Gerbear still lamenting the loss of Chick   ::) ::)

Tipper

Is there any chance that Collaros will renegotiate his contract like Banks did last season and come back for less money to try to win his job back? Wishful thinking?
8) If you listened to the interview last week with TSN'S, Matthew Scianitti, who is very close with 
    Collaros, he stated emphatically that Zach  will not renegotiate his contract !!!

I will take Scianitti at his word any time !!

Count Floyd

I agree.  Chick was underperforming and was overpaid.  Also tired of hearing about bringing in DEs.  Tracy & Capicciotti are playing well, there's no need to bring in anyone else.

my home team

8) If you listened to the interview last week with TSN'S, Matthew Scianitti, who is very close with
    Collaros, he stated emphatically that Zach  will not renegotiate his contract !!!

I will take Scianitti at his word any time !!
Have the Tiger cats requested this of Collaros?

Has this even been discussed between the player and the team?

There is a very important element that is being ignored in this story; Hamilton's management and where they are on this.

And you likely won't from them, as they will try to respect the quarterback's privacy.

Until we know ALL sides of this matter, it's strictly a guessing game.

Grover

This weekends games will probably dictate what happens before the deadline next week

If we win in WPG and OTT loses in BC, We could be buyers
If we lose and OTT wins, We could and probably should be sellers

If both teams lose or both win, I think we stand pat.

WE REALLY NEED AN OTT LOSS !!!!!!!  8)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ExPat

8) I agree with you 100% pope !!
Well, maybe you're tired of hearing about it.  But I personally want to hear an update of Gerbear's thoughts on the departures of Dyakowski, Will Hill, Tyms, Collins Jr., and a few others.  It's been several days since his last reminder that he is none too pleased about any of it.

vjcos

The only team that needs immediate help at QB is MTL, and they're pretty much eliminated already anyway, so there's no pressure on them to make a deal.

If SK or Toronto is interested, it will be with an eye to next year. While SK has yanked Glenn a few times, I'd be shocked if they tried to insert Collaros, who's had a lousy year, with only 5 games left on their schedule.

They can all afford to simply wait to see if Hamilton will release him to shed the cap hit. Nobody will want to take over his current contract *and* give up assets in a trade.
I still Maintain that trading or Cutting Collaros would be a giant step Bakwards.
Give him some Players to play with.
He will get his Allstar status back.

my home team

8) I agree with you 100% pope !!
Well, maybe you're tired of hearing about it.  But I personally want to hear an update of Gerbear's thoughts on the departures of Dyakowski, Will Hill, Tyms, Collins Jr., and a few others.  It's been several days since his last reminder that he is none too pleased about any of it.
All of these departures have been discussed and dissected.

Not sure what else needs to be said.

Can we change this or roll back the clock?

Palmer

I believe both Collaros and Laurent are signed through 2018?  No pressure to trade either one this year, and both are quality guys.  I think we hang on to everyone we can, unless someone comes knocking if they have an urgent need, or are offering quality personnel that will be an assest to us down the road.  We don't know at this point which of our potential FAs will decide to test the market, and too early a trade can leave us understaffed again.  As of now, I think we have a decent core of players, but need more depth at a few positions, especially nationals.

Otherwise, we go to training camp and see where the chips fall.  Make a trade next year if necessary, but why jump the gun unless it is a salary problem?

Grover

I believe both Collaros and Laurent are signed through 2018?  No pressure to trade either one this year, and both are quality guys.  I think we hang on to everyone we can, unless someone comes knocking if they have an urgent need, or are offering quality personnel that will be an assest to us down the road.  We don't know at this point which of our potential FAs will decide to test the market, and too early a trade can leave us understaffed again.  As of now, I think we have a decent core of players, but need more depth at a few positions, especially nationals.

Otherwise, we go to training camp and see where the chips fall.  Make a trade next year if necessary, but why jump the gun unless it is a salary problem?
Collaros is signed thru 2018, but, I believe that Laurent becomes a F/A this Feb. 2018.

From FEB. 2016

Justin Dunk

✔@JDunk12

#Ticats deal with big Canadian DL Ted Laurent is for two years. Year one pays him 225k and the second 275k for a 250k average. #CFL #CFLFA

5:26 PM - Feb 9, 2016

Users Online

111 Guests, 15 Users (13 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, vjcos, The Last Word, Palmer, idealsheldon, nopa, bobo82, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, bowl450, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)