Grover

Kevin Werner
@WerkHCN
2h2 hours ago
Ham clrs approve relocation of Canadian Football Hall of Fame to Tim Hortons Field. City & CFL are providing $250k each for development of "Legends Row" & "Media Hall of Fame."

The "Touchdown" statue in front of former Hall of Fame location beside City Hall will be relocated to Tim Hortons Field. The installation of Hall of Fame busts on concourse, & relocation process expected to be completed by opening of 2018 season.

"This is the perfect fit for the (Tim Horton) stadium," said Ward 3 Clr Matthew Green. "I'm excited about it."

The former building where Canadian Football Hall of Fame is located beside Ham city hall will be transformed into what is being called CityLab.

CFL will now take over operating the Canadian Football Hall of Fame operated at Tim Hortons Field.

FYI, I think this years CFHoF induction class will be announced tonight at CFL Week in WPG.
Fingers crossed for Joe Zuger!

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2015/03/14/tiger-cats-great-joe-zuger-handles-shrine-snub-artfully.html

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

bobbythefinch

Long overdue. The rich history of Canadian football is worthy of a proper presentation. Makes sense to have it a THF. I'd also like to see a heavy investment in a website revamp so Canadians coast to coast can experience the history right at their fingertips.

oo DAWG oo

Makes sense to have it a THF. 
Why...

So anyone who wants to see it will have to buy a ticket to the cats game now?
I admit I don't know the business plan for it but can imagine that's how it will be.
What if people want to see ot non-game days ? Who charges then? 

Grover

A Big congratulations to TiCat and Hamilton native Frank Cosentino who was inducted into the CFHoF tonight!!

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/21/hamilton-native-frank-cosentinos-life-football-honoured-hall-fame/

letsgoticats

Why...

I admit I don't know the business plan for it but can imagine that's how it will be.
More details here, but it's still a little unclear.

Sounds like it'll be open year round for the public, but is exclusive to club level ticket holders on game day.  That's cool I guess.  I've never been up to the club level, so I have no idea how this will change things for those ticket holders on game day.  Hopefully someone with a little more experience sitting up there can chime in :)

https://twitter.com/Ticats/status/976837158219722752[/color]]https://twitter.com/Ticats/status/976837158219722752

Espo

Only been up there once or twice, never for a home game (STH renewals were up there for the away game in montreal on the big screen last year)

very nice set up, if we didn't love the rest of the fans in our area so much I might have let my wife talk me into getting those seats this year.  
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Grover

"After 46 years at 58 Jackson St. West, the CFHOF and Museum’s full integration into Tim Hortons Field will be completed in May, including the infamous ‘Touchdown Statue’ which is being relocated to Gate 3 on Melrose Ave. The first two previously completed phases included the Grey Cup display at the Gate 3 Premium Entrance, and the Media Hall of Fame Wing in the press box that honours the selected reporters and associated media members.
The design has been unanimously endorsed by the City of Hamilton’s General Issues Committee and is to be ratified at City council next Wednesday. Upon completion, the new Canadian football shrine at Tim Hortons Field will be open for free to the public year-round on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. In addition to Tiger-Cats club level season seat holders, who will enjoy a new and innovative premium hospitality gameday experience, all fans with a game ticket will be able to access the club 15 minutes following the conclusion of each game."

Much more here
http://ticats.ca/canadian-football-hall-of-fame-and-museum-to-officially-relaunch-on-club-level-at-tim-hortons-field-in-2018/

letsgoticats

"After 46 years at 58 Jackson St. West, the CFHOF and Museum’s full integration into Tim Hortons Field will be completed in May, including the infamous ‘Touchdown Statue’ which is being relocated to Gate 3 on Melrose Ave. The first two previously completed phases included the Grey Cup display at the Gate 3 Premium Entrance, and the Media Hall of Fame Wing in the press box that honours the selected reporters and associated media members.
The design has been unanimously endorsed by the City of Hamilton’s General Issues Committee and is to be ratified at City council next Wednesday. Upon completion, the new Canadian football shrine at Tim Hortons Field will be open for free to the public year-round on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. In addition to Tiger-Cats club level season seat holders, who will enjoy a new and innovative premium hospitality gameday experience, all fans with a game ticket will be able to access the club 15 minutes following the conclusion of each game."

Much more here
http://ticats.ca/canadian-football-hall-of-fame-and-museum-to-officially-relaunch-on-club-level-at-tim-hortons-field-in-2018/
Yikes.  That sounds like a bit of a step back for me.  If this is what we're going to do, move it somewhere else.  

A Hall of Fame should be open more than a few hours a week.  

DisplacedCatsFan

Much more here
Yikes.  That sounds like a bit of a step back for me.  If this is what we're going to do, move it somewhere else.  

The Spec reported that in 2016 (I think) they only had 2000 visitors for the year.  Figure about 3 visitors per day.  No need to open longer than they are mentioning.
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

letsgoticats

Much more here
Yikes.  That sounds like a bit of a step back for me.  If this is what we're going to do, move it somewhere else.  

The Spec reported that in 2016 (I think) they only had 2000 visitors for the year.  Figure about 3 visitors per day.  No need to open longer than they are mentioning.
Oh that's brutal.  I'm surprised it's staying in Hamilton then.  

Hank01

Location is important it needs foot traffic . The NHL HOF and the Canadian Sports hall Of fame were at the Toronto EX for years and had free admission . Went there as a kid and visited both .

The Canadian Sports HOF moved to Calgary and the NHL moved to 30 Young St Toronto . Visited the NHL HOF  before a Argo game at the Dome .

Big fan of the CFL but I think the location was the problem . Been to Niagara Falls many times . I still feel this would have been a far better location if they thought it thru . It would have been a good place for the Cats and the CFL to advertise as well .
 Just glad there is a home now . Kind of hoping for a small building in the end zone attached to the stadium . I think they could use the history and put a little sizzle on it to attract the young people with interactive play like they do at the NHL HOF .

Been to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame in Cleveland the day before a Brown's game . Not sure it makes any money either . Cleveland put up 65 million dollars to build the facility . It is close to the stadium . They most likely get donations sustain the place .

Always felt museums or halls of fame are a tourist attraction and need to cultivated and enhanced year to year in order to be successful . They usually require a form of 
donation to sustain itself . Definitely need to be in a place that is easy to get to and park not sure the stadium fits the bill but it will do and hopefully the displays will enhance the stadium experience .

72er

Why...

Seems pretty clear in the article.... 

"Upon completion, the new Canadian football shrine at Tim Hortons Field will be open for free to the public year-round on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. In addition to Tiger-Cats club level season seat holders, who will enjoy a new and innovative premium hospitality gameday experience, all fans with a game ticket will be able to access the club 15 minutes following the conclusion of each game"

Hank01

Just seems kind of odd Weds evenings and Saturday mornings and 15 minutes following the end of the game .  

Sounds like a punch line to a joke about how often do you do it .

Grover

More information here

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8343453-canadian-football-hall-of-fame-s-new-tim-hortons-field-location-scores-touchdown/#.WrS3k88pBO4.twitter

Seems this whole deal is between the City and the CFL, 
No mention of the TiCats involvement.  :o

Aerial

A Big congratulations to TiCat and Hamilton native Frank Cosentino who was inducted into the CFHoF tonight!!

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/21/hamilton-native-frank-cosentinos-life-football-honoured-hall-fame/
I think it's a great idea to have the CFHFM at THF.  And nice to see Frank Cosentino in their as builder, his research into the history and origins of football in Canada are top notch.

I would think the TiCats are contributing in some ways without a doubt.

Just seems kind of odd Weds evenings and Saturday mornings and 15 minutes following the end of the game .  

Sounds like a punch line to a joke about how often do you do it .
Hank, could be a staffing issue?
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Users Online

79 Guests, 15 Users (15 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MtnCat, Balticfox, KevinRiley2, Mightygoose, FootbalYouBet, heapbag, greenandwhite, tcmike, Lyle B. Style, StampsRock!, Wumper, ticat1, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (8), Baidu

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)