Brendan McGuire

Habsfan

They have 2 quality guys here already zero baggage and have played the game at high level.  They will most likely lose both for nothing in the end for a guy with character issues and a huge question mark if he can play the game at the pro level.

I really question this teams thinking 

HfxTC

They have 2 quality guys here already zero baggage and have played the game at high level.  They will most likely lose both for nothing in the end for a guy with character issues and a huge question mark if he can play the game at the pro level.

With Kent Austin job hunting and on his way out, this will be June Jones decision.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Onemoredork

I defy anyone to define how the team thinks about QBs right now. We are all guessing

Onemoredork

With Kent Austin job hunting and on his way out, this will be June Jones decision.
It always was.

150GAGE

Many people have pointed out that Manziel would only be here for two more years and that is a problem.
But how do we know that Zach would come back in 2019;  I believe he is a free agent after 2018.  He may still want to be the highest paid player?

Killer91

It's certainly great publicity for the CFL.

But, Manziel's pro highlight real is not as glamorous as his college highlights.  He is not going to get any faster as he ages.  It will be interesting the first time he tries to turn outside under pressure to the wide side of the field and get chased down from behind by a defensive end.

Also, going to be sad to throw away a quarterback in Masoli who we inadvertently invested 5 years and accidently developed into a proven starter whom is pretty exciting in his own right with a pretty good college highlight real to boot and 5 real years of CFL experience.  IMO his best is yet to come.

I think you can kiss Jeremiah good bye now as I have never seen a love in for a guy more than Austin and Jones have for Manziel unless it is the world's greatest acting job - but I think it is a real man crush, if or rather when Johnny signs, Masoli is gone than you can roll the dice and hope it comes up Johnny Money!

Though going through the videos on Youtube and seeing his life style, I can't see this guy living in Hamilton for any length of time. I think this whole thing is a massive gamble that will get some big publicity in the first half of the season but lead to a 2-7 record in the first 9 games.

Crash

But, Manziel's pro highlight real is not as glamorous as his college highlights.  He is not going to get any faster as he ages.  It will be interesting the first time he tries to turn outside under pressure to the wide side of the field and get chased down from behind by a defensive end.

Also, going to be sad to throw away a quarterback in Masoli who we inadvertently invested 5 years and accidently developed into a proven starter whom is pretty exciting in his own right with a pretty good college highlight real to boot and 5 real years of CFL experience.  IMO his best is yet to come.

I think you can kiss Jeremiah good bye now as I have never seen a love in for a guy more than Austin and Jones have for Manziel unless it is the world's greatest acting job - but I think it is a real man crush, if or rather when Johnny signs, Masoli is gone than you can roll the dice and hope it comes up Johnny Money!

Though going through the videos on Youtube and seeing his life style, I can't see this guy living in Hamilton for any length of time. I think this whole thing is a massive gamble that will get some big publicity in the first half of the season but lead to a 2-7 record in the first 9 games.
Where can Masoli go right now and be named undisputed starter with no competition? If he's as good as you think he is he shouldn't be worried about Johnny Manziel... He should relish the chance to send him to the bench. 
Johnny football would be less competition than any other team in the league. 

And before you say Montreal... That's a dumpster fire. He's not going to Montreal. 

HfxTC

But, Manziel's pro highlight real is not as glamorous as his college highlights.  He is not going to get any faster as he ages.  It will be interesting the first time he tries to turn outside under pressure to the wide side of the field and get chased down from behind by a defensive end.

Also, going to be sad to throw away a quarterback in Masoli who we inadvertently invested 5 years and accidently developed into a proven starter whom is pretty exciting in his own right with a pretty good college highlight real to boot and 5 real years of CFL experience.  IMO his best is yet to come.

Where can Masoli go right now and be named undisputed starter with no competition? If he's as good as you think he is he shouldn't be worried about Johnny Manziel... He should relish the chance to send him to the bench.

And before you say Montreal... That's a dumpster fire. He's not going to Montreal.
It is a dumpster fire, but sorry to tell you, so is Hamilton.

blackandgld

Masoli will sign in Hamilton IMO. June and Masoli joined at the hip. Hopefully for 3 years. Manziel for 2 at a lower salary than Masoli. We will be set at QB for the foreseeable future. In the era of not guaranteed contracts in the CFL there is no risk to this. Just as many think that Collaros will simply be cut if not traded before his bonus is due. 

Killer91

If you were Masoli, would you rather stay in a dumpster fire that reluctantly played you for 5 years even though you bailed them out every time when they were desperate and stay with them as they spend all their off field resources on signing Johnny Manziel after you lit up the last 10 games?  As well as them having a guy already tied up with starter dollars or battle Shiltz for the starting job and make Collaros money in Montreal... or even better, move closer to home in B.C... -where they remember him beating the Lions on the last play of the game? Mahalo!

All the players love him, the coach loves him,  but management gives him the Rodney Dangerfield treatment.  He has the personality, talent and confidence to outlast this circus but he may choose not to bother - what is the upside - ?

You are awesome Jeremiah, but Johnny has a great college reel (you did too but it's not in HD) and you had a great work out in Buffalo in a high school gym, blew us away, Shawn Burk was guarding Drew Allemang, and Johnny hit him everytime - it was amazing! Made Kent Austin look awful in the 3 on 3 scrimmage! Welcome to town Johnny, here's your $53,000 don't spend it all at Koi and Sizzle on the first night. 

Hey Jeremiah, say hi to Coach Reinbold out there, maybe you will get some special teams help and good field position for once out there like Collaros used to when he lit it up here.

Happy New Year!  (Welcome back Kevin, you will look great backing up Manziel and Dan Lefevre)

PatLynch

I'm hoping that all the Johnny Football hype results in a trade to Sask., BC or the Als . A couple of high draft picks and a starting Canadian seems fair to me .  Let the bidding begin !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

letsgoticats

When your coach comes out and says a player could be the "greatest to ever play in the CFL", how do you turn around and trade that guy?   Regardless of what you think of Johnny, it would be bad optics to trade him after your head coach hypes him up like that.  

Beam reach

Toronto wasa "Dumpster Fire" a year ago we all were laughing at them 
Gut feeling Johnny is dans l'ecole Francais.....

bobo82

LOL !!! Well based on last years W/L records of both teams , Montreal is a definite out of control raging dumpster fire and Hamilton is merely half a dumpster fire . Let's face it as long as Reed is in charge over there you might as well change the name of the team to the Montreal Brownettes because the Alouettes are the CFL's answer to the NFL's Browns  :P If I'm Tillman I've got Kavis on speed dial  ;D
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

76 Guests, 6 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Aerial, everyman, 15_championships, The Last Word, Chewbaca1973, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)