Grover

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/12/28/cfl-says-ambrosie-prepared-approve-contract-manziel/

“Since last summer, the Canadian Football League has been engaged in a thorough process to determine the eligibility of Johnny Manziel. This process has been conducted with the cooperation of Mr. Manziel and independent of the team which currently holds his CFL rights, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
It has included an ongoing assessment by an independent expert on the issue of violence against women, a review by legal counsel, and an in-person interview of Mr. Manziel conducted by the Commissioner. As well, Mr. Manziel has been required to meet a number of conditions set by the league.
As a result of this process, the Commissioner has now informed Mr. Manziel and the Tiger-Cats he is prepared to approve a contract for Mr. Manziel should one be negotiated.
The process that led to this decision does, however, will continue. Mr. Manziel has been informed he must continue to meet a number of conditions in order to remain eligible. These conditions, while extensive and exacting, remain confidential.”

the response from the TiCats

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

of course

This is the green light that will ignite the phone lines.

I can now see many teams calling the Ticats to discuss trade deals for Manziel's rights.

Crash

The league will look stupid if Johnny comes to a CFL camp and gets "hurt" like Vince Young did.  All this work for a guy that may not want to be here.

schmenger

Every player takes that risk of being injured. I don't understand your point?

Crash

Vince only "injured" his hamstring when he was informed he wasn't going to be named starter. Out 4-6 weeks in camp and never to be heard from again.

Grover

ExPat

Grover: Do you still maintain your view that Manziel will sign for league minimum salary, so no negotiations are necessary?

Habsfan

Got my popcorn ready! I can't wait to see how this $!*% show turns out.

pikk

Vince only "injured" his hamstring when he was informed he wasn't going to be named starter. Out 4-6 weeks in camp and never to be heard from again.
Nailed it crash, it was saving face move.

Grover

Grover: Do you still maintain your view that Manziel will sign for league minimum salary, so no negotiations are necessary?
The League had stated that all that is required is to offer a minimum CFL contract, He could be offered more. (and I suspect he would)
The TiCats now have 10 days to make an offer or trade his rights, If the TiCats trade his rights then the team acquiring him would have another 10 days to offer a contract.
If the TiCats do not make an offer within 10 days Manziel would become a Free Agent

If he rejects the offer, he would not be allowed to go onto another teams neg list for 1 full year from the date of the offer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/source-potential-trade-results-extension-johnny-manziel-cfl-saga/

"It’s unclear which teams are interested in Manziel but any club acquiring him would have an additional 10 days after the consummation of the deal to make him a contract offer. If an offer was made and Manziel turned it down, he’d remain on the franchise’s negotiation list for up to a year from the date of rejection.
A team could initially present Manziel a two-year deal — one year plus an option — for the league minimum of $53,000 annually knowing it’d be turned down. But it would be with the understanding two sides would have up to a year to work out a more suitable agreement while ensuring Manziel doesn’t step on to a CFL field with another franchise."

pikk

schmenger

Sign him.
They need to unload $540,000.00 first.....

Slomojo2005

Sign him.
That should read “sign him already”!!!!!

Slomojo2005

Sign him.
They need to unload $540,000.00 first.....
Thatz probably in the works and will get announced soon.  Going to be a ride!  

150GAGE

It's not often we are the talk of the league so early in the off season.  Someone was smart enough in ticat land to draft him. Probably KA. 
How will the dominos fall?  How many season ticket holders will non renew? How many new ones can we get.  
I hope we sign who ever will put more bums in the seats! 

Users Online

94 Guests, 19 Users (14 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark, tcmike, Mightygoose, okie, KevinRiley2, letsgoticats, BillyDee87, JoeyT, FormerlyTurkish, Clawed2bitz, jim43bob, schmenger, OskeeweeneeVI, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Grover, sully, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 188. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)