PatLynch

I've noticed that nobody has mentioned the Prince Edward Hotel in the THF stadium district on Barton Street . It is an homage to Mickey Rourke . There are real bargains to be had when the "meat guy" or the "cheese guy" appears in the parking lot . Who knew how much the trunk of a car could hold ?

If you are looking for a few adult beverages before the game, the Prince Eddy is the place . Before you enter, be sure to tuck your pants into your socks .

But seriously, I'm sure the patrons will welcome you with all the warmth that TiCat fans are known for.
Perhaps out of town visitors should refrain from wearing  Oxford/Cambridge Blue.

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Ramrod

But Pat, hasn't the "Eddie" been closed down?  They changed the name some time back--some spiffy, slick name--and installed a garage door on Barton Street--open it and you had an instant patio.  However, the last time I passed by it was closed entirely.  Too bad!  We had many a post-game drink there.  But that was many years ago.

Aerial

"Tigerville" at some point but I'm sure the city will shut that down ASAP, it's just not "Hamilton".

THE 6 BEST BARS IN WRIGLEYVILLE

https://urbanmatter.com/chicago/the-6-best-bars-in-wrigleyville/
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Grover

CFL Week not for Hamilton. Yet.

Multiple teams are said to be preparing bids to host the 2019 edition, but Hamilton won't be one of them says Ticats CEO Scott Mitchell.
"There's no question, we'd love to be a potential host for CFL Week. I think the CFL and the cities involved have done a great job and set a really high bar for it," he said. "But like many things related to a number of great opportunities for Hamilton, we need to get some things behind us, including our current litigation."
The city, stadium contractor Ontario Sports Solutions and Infrastructure Ontario have been locked in a lawsuit over delays and deficiencies at the $145-million stadium and that litigation — which is also holding up a possible Grey Cup bid — needs resolution.
"CFL Week has turned into an event that requires a lot of cooperation between the municipality and the team. And what we've been told is that it's going to be hard for the city to do that until the litigation is resolved," Mitchell said.

Mitchell said he remains optimistic the lawsuit can be resolved and that the team will be able to move forward in bidding for both the Grey Cup and CFL Week.
"Everybody is doing what they can, but we still need to make some progress. I think we're at a critical juncture where it's either going to be resolved or it has to move the courts. Let's hope we can resolve it before it gets to that," he said. "Hamilton fans have expressed an appetite for CFL and Grey Cup and we're very confident they could be successful in Hamilton."
MUCH MORE HERE
https://www.thespec.com/sports-story/8352428-cfl-week-not-for-hamilton-yet-/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Habsfan

Both Prince Eddy and the newer joint are closed down now.

Grover

Bob Young‏ 
@CaretakerBob
Bob Young Retweeted Andrew Nielsen
Andrew,  While you have a point: you & I may not live to see a resolution to the dispute between the Ticats/ City/Province/Builders/IO, rest assured we are working on it.  No bad guys on any side, just a complex situation.

schmenger

"While you have a point: you & I may not live to see a resolution to the dispute between the Ticats/ City/Province/Builders/IO, rest assured we are working on it.  No bad guys on any side, just a complex situation. " That comment form Bob Young does not sound encouraging at all. It sounds like everyone is pissing in the wind. Three steps forward and two steps back.  

Lennywasout

"While you have a point: you & I may not live to see a resolution to the dispute between the Ticats/ City/Province/Builders/IO, rest assured we are working on it.  No bad guys on any side, just a complex situation. " That comment form Bob Young does not sound encouraging at all. It sounds like everyone is pissing in the wind. Three steps forward and two steps back.  
Would be interesting to see exactly what each entity is suing for. Ie. Hamilton is suing the city who is suing Hamilton. Hamilton is suing IO and OSS. Etc.etc.

A matrix of who and how much (since we're all owners of this stadium from all government levels) should be public knowledge.   Why the secrecy?

Grover

Pretty scathing article here from 3downnation on the Hamilton not bidding on the CFL week

Whiffing on CFL Week another example of Hamilton’s lack of vision
Posted on April 2, 2018 by Josh Smith // 6 Comments

"As a Ticats fan, I’m sick of every other CFL community getting to enjoy being a full member of the league as we “wait for our turn” like the good little soldiers Hamilton fans have been for over two decades. I don’t hold it against any other city that gets to enjoy all the perks of having a CFL team, but that still doesn’t mean I’m not tired of having to travel elsewhere to enjoy everything being a CFL fan has to offer.
But as a Hamilton resident, I’m tired of living in a place where the people who run the city treat progress like a disease that needs to be quarantined.
Maybe one day we will get people in power who understand what an event like CFL Week could do for our city. Instead of giving us lame excuses why not, they’ll jump in feet first and we can show what kind of city Hamilton has become."

LOTS MORE HERE
http://3downnation.com/2018/04/02/whiffing-cfl-week-another-example-hamiltons-lack-vision/

Onemoredork

Pretty scathing article here from 3downnation on the Hamilton not bidding on the CFL week

Whiffing on CFL Week another example of Hamilton’s lack of vision
Posted on April 2, 2018 by Josh Smith // 6 Comments

"As a Ticats fan, I’m sick of every other CFL community getting to enjoy being a full member of the league as we “wait for our turn” like the good little soldiers Hamilton fans have been for over two decades. I don’t hold it against any other city that gets to enjoy all the perks of having a CFL team, but that still doesn’t mean I’m not tired of having to travel elsewhere to enjoy everything being a CFL fan has to offer.
But as a Hamilton resident, I’m tired of living in a place where the people who run the city treat progress like a disease that needs to be quarantined.
Maybe one day we will get people in power who understand what an event like CFL Week could do for our city. Instead of giving us lame excuses why not, they’ll jump in feet first and we can show what kind of city Hamilton has become."

LOTS MORE HERE
http://3downnation.com/2018/04/02/whiffing-cfl-week-another-example-hamiltons-lack-vision/
Oh no. If youve lost Josh Smith in the battle of public perception.........Young wont know what hit him.

Grover

For the old timers, a shot of IWS from the 1960's

TravelPat1

Boy those were some pretty poor seats at the very east end of the old north stands. You would be facing directly across at people sitting in the east end zone stands. At least the last section at the west end of the north stands were angled towards the field. 

aberfoyler

Thanks for that cool post, Grover.
Brings back memories of the Hamilton Cardinals at Scott Park (the ball park) in the 50s and later the TiCats in Civic Stadium (the football field later IWS)

FormerlyTurkish

Im thinking that depicts "Civic" Stadium prior to it being named IWS

TCHABS

Im thinking that depicts "Civic" Stadium prior to it being named IWS

And the North side being rebuilt.

Users Online

79 Guests, 17 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, hawthy, Mightygoose, Dr.Whiskey, Holy Mackinaw, SeaFiddle, ExPat, Balticfox, mycko75, Hamilton2005, Bayargonaut00, Oskie18, habcat, pdson2, cahoonrules86, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)